Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190591 times)

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1260 on: October 16, 2013, 09:16:00 am »

everytime i hit the "2" button the game crashes :O

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 16, 2013, 09:51:20 am »

everytime i hit the "2" button the game crashes :O

This is likely caused by rendermax.

2 is zoom out, 1 is zoom in. When either of those things happen rendermax causes the game to crash.

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 16, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »

The golems, after being upgraded with weapon skills, level in "Speargolem", "Swordgolem" and... "Axeman", despite the third type wielding a hammer.

4b, Masterwork tileset.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:30:10 am by misiekm »

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 16, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »

Coulda sworn I saw this already, but cannot find it ...

"Continue casting research (II)"  and "Finish casting research (III)" keep auto-requeueing themselves in my Researcher Study.  I now have 77 "rare science discovery (ammocaster)" and Stinthad McFourEyes is now a level 10 researcher, but I canna make it stop.  (Interestingly, I also have a bunch of other discoveries I haven't started: machine factory, liquid spawner, heavy siegeworks, megabeast kennels, and gemforge, if that helps.  Why couldn't I get Coin Mint?  ;) )

I've removed-creature in the Manager view and canceled the jobs (both while on pause).  Even destroying the shop and recreating, they requeue.  I've unassigned the labor for now - waiting to see if I get the normal time-in to start other discoveries, and if I can make them go.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 16, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »

version and tileset?
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

enisea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:54 pm »

4b, linux with wine (windows version), masterwork tileset.

When my husband tries to embark he gets a hoard of about 28 dwarves. Startdwarf doesn't work on his computer (no errors, just startdwarf 7 --> embark --> 28 dwarfs). The same thing on my laptop works just fine (startdwarf 7 --> embark --> 7 dwarfs).
I suppose this staring 28 by default instead of starting 7 is a bug?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:02 pm »

Mine is linux MDF4b, Masterwork tileset (but no TTF, that crashes linux even in vanilla), wine for Settings.exe, linux dfhack with falconne's latest utilities, self-compiled Dwarf Therapist using the new grids.  Fort's still going, I can do any testing you'd like ...

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:57 pm »

When my husband tries to embark he gets a hoard of about 28 dwarves. Startdwarf doesn't work on his computer (no errors, just startdwarf 7 --> embark --> 28 dwarfs). The same thing on my laptop works just fine (startdwarf 7 --> embark --> 7 dwarfs).

You need write in the zone selection. Write in both screens just for be sure cause I get the same error. And don´t type just 7 if you want 28 dwarves, type "28" not "7".

1-Choose or Create a new world
2-Put the cursor were you´re going to embark
3-Go to DFHack and type "dwarves 28" (without quotes)
4-Go to Embark selector and put the cursor over the sheet you want to use, go to DF hack and repeat "dwarves 28" (just for be sure)

If you this correctly you should see the 28 dwarves.

I really suggest you add more point like 10.000 or maybe 15.000 for add more initial food and booze and buy skills for the extra dwarves.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 16, 2013, 07:52:48 pm »

Check his dfhack.init file at the root of the dwarf fortress folder. Do a search for startdwarf.

And like Etherdrinker says, don't try to use startdwarf until you are looking for your actual embark location.

If you are already at the embark selection screen and then type in the startdwarf 7 command and still get 28, then I don't have any more ideas other than the script has been modified.  Try typing in startdwarf 6 and see if he gets 24.

If he gets 24, copy startdwarf.rb from your Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts folder over to his computer.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

enisea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 17, 2013, 03:42:34 am »

You need write in the zone selection. Write in both screens just for be sure cause I get the same error. And don´t type just 7 if you want 28 dwarves, type "28" not "7".

3-Go to DFHack and type "dwarves 28" (without quotes)
4-Go to Embark selector and put the cursor over the sheet you want to use, go to DF hack and repeat "dwarves 28" (just for be sure)

If you this correctly you should see the 28 dwarves.

I really suggest you add more point like 10.000 or maybe 15.000 for add more initial food and booze and buy skills for the extra dwarves.

I am sorry for not describing the problem clearly.
What I want: 7 dwarfs.
What I get (just embarking, no commands in DFhack): 28 dwarfs.
Doing the suggested scheme
3-Go to DFHack and type "dwarves 7" (without quotes)
4-Go to Embark selector and put the cursor over the sheet you want to use, go to DF hack and repeat "dwarves 7" (just for be sure)
works on my laptop to get 7 dwarfs, but does not work on my husband's computer, he still gets 28.

On my opinion it is a bug that in (4b, linux with wine (windows version), masterwork tileset) it gives me 28 dwarfs initially, it should give 7.

Billy Jack, thank you, we will try this.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:45:15 am by enisea »

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 17, 2013, 03:54:21 am »

oh? Then sorry, I guess I should figure it out too, you are not using Windows but a bridge like program to run the windows version.

I can´t much with Wine cause I run Win 7, but waiting ours post give you some solution.

enisea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 17, 2013, 04:13:25 am »

Check his dfhack.init file at the root of the dwarf fortress folder. Do a search for startdwarf.

And like Etherdrinker says, don't try to use startdwarf until you are looking for your actual embark location.

If you are already at the embark selection screen and then type in the startdwarf 7 command and still get 28, then I don't have any more ideas other than the script has been modified.  Try typing in startdwarf 6 and see if he gets 24.

If he gets 24, copy startdwarf.rb from your Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts folder over to his computer.

Thank you, problem solved!
In dfhack.init file at the root of the dwarf fortress folder I commented out all the lines with startdwarf. And now I have the normal 7 dwarfs as I wanted.
It seems that in linux some of the keybindings are run automatically or almost automatically.
I think commenting out the line "keybinding add Ctrl-Q@dwarfmode/Default quicksave" will also solve our "pressing q problem" -- when "q" was pressed to see a workshop the game paused to save.

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 17, 2013, 03:44:28 pm »

The game crashes everytime I try and tame a wild animal :(

edit// 4a/w7/Masterwork
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:53:22 pm by s20dan »

serriffe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 17, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

4b / Spacefox / Windows 7

It seems the "Make coke (1) from wood plank" reaction at the Smelter accepts any type of blocks. I quickly tried basalt, diorite, green glass, bricks, as well as wood blocks and they can all made into coke.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:43 pm »

The game crashes everytime I try and tame a wild animal :(

edit// 4a/w7/Masterwork

Try to switch to 4b? I used to train animals in 4a but that crash never happens to me. weird.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 142