Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190621 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1200 on: October 11, 2013, 01:41:55 am »

It does have [PRODUCT:95:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:oil:NONE][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:oil container], so you dont lose much oil... but yeah, its probably still somewhere in my todo list. It only gets longer...

Just downloaded the new version and tried to unzip it with 7zip and Winrar. Both give an error about 'CRC failed in 'MasterworkDwarfFortress\repository\icons\buildings\runecover.png'. File is broken.'
I can unpack it fine...

Felius, did you maybe change the tileset after you changed the ore processor setting? because the new raws with the different tilenumbers get copied over, but they are still on the default setting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:46:09 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 11, 2013, 02:22:25 am »

Well I redownloaded the .rar and it worked fine this time. All I can imagine is it must have been the fact there was hella heavy rain coming down when I originally tried.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 11, 2013, 05:44:34 am »

I can either delete all the reactions I made and give real corpses back, or I keep the specific biologist and other features, but cripple necromancy.
Why don't you make it optional with the Biologist? If I turn the Biologist off, I get my named corpses back? Or is there some drawback I haven't noticed?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 11, 2013, 05:56:10 am »

When I smelt a batch of sliver&lead in the blast furnace, I get an announcement that batch of aluminum has been smelted.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 11, 2013, 06:00:33 am »

4b, with Phoebus tileset and "color:natural":

Pressing the "Harder Mining"-button in Misc Features produces the two following popups, regardless of whether I'm turning the feature off or on:

"ReadFile error. Cannot find file:
MasterworkDwarfFortress\Ironhand\Raw\objects\inorganic_zwarpstone.txt"

"The targeted RAW file is missing. Did you move/replace anything in your dwarffortress/raw/objects folder?"

I haven't altered the game files, all I've done is unpack the game and copy in my quickfort-blueprints.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 11, 2013, 06:32:18 am »

I don't know if this should go here or in the dwarfmonitor thread, but I can't turn dwarfmonitor off.  If I go to dfhack and type "dwarfmonitor disable all", it reports that everything is disabled, and keeps running anyway.  Commenting it out in the init file has no effect.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 11, 2013, 06:38:44 am »

The Ironhand error report seems to be harmless, seeing as the file actually still does exist (you can check yourself in the raws folder)

EDIT: Also, I was under the impression that disabling Researcher disabled the need for researching Science to build certain buildings. Is this no longer a thing?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:41:01 am by RickRollYou2 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1207 on: October 11, 2013, 06:43:49 am »

OMG, guys...

You found a code artefact from something I tried 6 months ago, before I left for Asia; and I forgot about it... You know these odd little bugs that appear, when you toggle settings, then toggle the tileset? For example HarderMining:Off, then switch tileset, suddenly HarderMining is On again? I did find a fix for that, tested it on ironhand.

The GUI would simultaniously alter the active raws and all graphic set raws that are in the MasterworkDwarfFortress folder. I just changed the folder structure to clean the list up for the Listbox I added... now it cant find the ironhand tileset raws anymore.

Thats good. Because I forgot about it, and it totally works (once I rename the directory its looking into) and I can fix those bugs. Another upgrade for the GUI so to speak. :)

Is added to my todo list.

For those who care: Its just that, one of those for each tileset on each button :)
Code: [Select]
    ChangingOptions.warpstone(warpstone, tilesetRawObjectsDirIronhand)
    Const tilesetRawObjectsDirIronhand = MasterworkDwarfFortressD + "\Ironhand\raw\objects"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:45:45 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »

Bug

4b  Matrix

Reactions to create mail armor at the Greatforge are creating the wrong helm and boots (ITEM_HELM_CAP_MAIL and ITEM_SHOES_MAIL_BOOTS).

ITEM_HELM_CAP_MAIL and ITEM_SHOES_MAIL_BOOTS are not included in the entity_standard.txt file as permitted items.  Instead ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_MAIL and ITEM_HELM_MAIL from item_armor.txt should be used since they are specified in the entity_standard.txt.  Those are the items that will be made at the forge, since they are the one's specified.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1209 on: October 11, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

Is noted, thank you.

Say, why arent you working on a playable race? You always find the odd bugs and know modding. :P

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 11, 2013, 03:29:45 pm »

lack of imagination.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1211 on: October 11, 2013, 03:37:28 pm »

You dont need much of that to start a race. DF humans, goblins and elves have quite the lore already. :P

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 11, 2013, 11:58:03 pm »

4b Spacefox GUI

Were changing my settings in the GUI. First thing was to change the graphics, then in order, a few ini settings (initial save, pop cap, invaders, etc), proceeded to disable the researcher in the workshops, the ore processor in the furnaces, the Secret !FUN! in the Misc Features tab, enabled Invaders Mat and Lvl boost in the same (yes, I disable the invaders previously, but that's just temporary to give me a bit more time to actually build the fortress. But I digress), but when I tried to disable Harder Mining it gave me the following error message:

"ReadFile error. Cannot find file:
MasterworkDwarfFortress\Ironhand\raw\objects\inorganic_zwarpstone.txt"

which is doubly strange because I'm not even using Ironhand.

Nevermind, already reported.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 12:07:43 am by Felius »
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 12, 2013, 12:49:37 am »

Just in case you didn't see, disabling the Researcher doesn't seem to be disabling Science requirements... Did the option to have options for this change?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1214 on: October 12, 2013, 01:07:18 am »

Just in case you didn't see, disabling the Researcher doesn't seem to be disabling Science requirements... Did the option to have options for this change?
I'll be damned, you are right. I did at the metatag to the building files, but never told the GUI to actually open these files as well. Good that I have the code open atm.

And fixed. :) Next release will have it.
Code: [Select]
        Dim fileList() As String = {"entity_default.txt", _
                                    "building_masterwork.txt", _ => this was missing
                                    "building_furnaces_masterwork.txt"} => this was missing
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 142