Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190637 times)

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1170 on: October 08, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »

I just made an artifact that is decorated with bands of slag. Isn't slag not moodable?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:15:25 am by moseythepirate »
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: October 09, 2013, 01:47:58 am »

4a  Matrix

Training skills at the library(s).  I had a dwarf with lvl 1 of Armor and he only went up to 2. His Biter was at 0 and he went to 2.
Reaction says they should be level 3.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1172 on: October 09, 2013, 06:36:26 am »

4a  Matrix

Training skills at the library(s).  I had a dwarf with lvl 1 of Armor and he only went up to 2. His Biter was at 0 and he went to 2.
Reaction says they should be level 3.
Did you run it again? Script has this line:
-- By default, the highest skill will be legendary+5
if not max_skill then
   max_skill = 3 => So it should be 3... but I'll test.

I just made an artifact that is decorated with bands of slag. Isn't slag not moodable?
Depends on the slag. Massive slag bars no, slag bars yes... but you should only get them when you smelt unprocessed ore. No way around this for me...

bevanoes: Thank you. It was a silly thing to break. :-\

Do Dwarves turned turned into golems count as dead for purposes of their spouses being upset?
no, they are fine.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:31 am »

Yes, I ran the reaction multiple times on skills that were at level 2.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1174 on: October 09, 2013, 09:45:33 am »

Yeah, I raised the skill 1 point in the lua file. Should be good now. Todays bugfixes:

- Fixed Scriptorium producing only 1 type of book.
 - Fixed Graphical Glitch in 3 tiles of Ore Processor
 - Added candelabra graphics to obsidian soul
 - Added fireplace graphics to phoebus and ironhand tilesets.
 - Kobold Dirt Digger building no longer needs shovels to be build.
 - Fixed magma-spawning from pottery in all tilesets (hopefully, I wont test this 12 times, but the raws look good)
 - Kobolds can wield picks now.
 - Kobolds can now clean sawdust, if they want to.
 - Fixed Warpstone errorlogs for non-default tilesets.
 - Weightbench only has one training mode now, which trains moderately fast, but needs no reagent. Less mixups and micromanagement this way.
 - Fixed skill help for Ore Processor. Lists Machine Operating now instead of mining.
 - Greatforges Mail-Armor set now makes mail-armor, instead of falsely making padded armor.
 - Disabled animated grass by default.
 - Fixed Coin Mint Research.
 - Fixed armory producing coal-plategauntlets in "Forge a platearmor set" reaction.
 - Fixed reagent in "Add bayonet to repeating javelin thrower" reaction.
 - Fixed some minor things in the manual. Skills, Reagents, and so on.
 - Crayfish shells should be ok for tanning in default tileset.
 - Kobolds can make ironbone in the boneyard agian.
 - Added skulking and item_thief to the kobold camp kobolds.
 - This means: Finally everyone should be hostile to you, except your own tribe. (HARD-MODE, so to speak)
 - Kobolds now have spring, summer and autumn as active seasons, so you get 3 caravans a year.
 - Kobold Arrows are now cheaper to make, use no wood/less wood.
 - Raptors, Xen Infectors and Lionman are much rarer.
 - Nith and Nymphs shouldnt be seen as benign anymore.
 - Replaced Archeology "Corrupted Bloodsteel" with iron. The system behind it wasnt quite finished.
 - Dwarves can now pray for glass, good for moods.
 - Dwarves can now pray for rain. 10% success chance, has 2 steps ("Pray for Rain" and the automatic "Start Rain")
 - Guardian of Armok has natural fighting skills now.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 09, 2013, 09:57:56 am »

Hopefully your changes to Chitin tanning are not specific to only crayfish.  I was getting "jumping spider man" chitin left in my stockpiles.

Thanks for the updates.

My leather changes testing has been going well.  I would like to tweak the rigids however so that they have their own non-existent creature.  That would allow easier tracking down when trying to use workflow to manage inputs / outputs.  Same for tough.  Lamellar and studded are already treated this way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1176 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:22 am »

Hopefully your changes to Chitin tanning are not specific to only crayfish.
Ehm.. yes, they are. I only modded that one creature.

Again, once you feel comfortable with the changes you made for the stockpiles,I'll add them.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 09, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »

Gui tooltip bugs:
 Temperature typo: "turn temperatur on or off"
 Woodcrafter, Fletcher, Pottery, Greater Dyery, Painter, Toolmaker, and Chandler have Thatcher tooltips
 Stables and Biologist have Slaughterhouse tooltip
 Weightbench and Wood Block have Tailor tooltip
 Herbalist Has Chemists tooltip
 Speakers Podium has Exped. Outfitter tooltip
 Prison & Monastery have Colloseum tooltip
 Shops have Tavern tooltip
 Liquid Spawner And Coinmint Have Siren tooltip
 All illumination workshops Have Brick Oven tooltip
 Ore Processor And Kiln have Crematorium tooltip
 Arbalest And Trebuchet have tooltip for Rockforge
 Magic Buildings have tooltip fof Warpstone Pool
 Carped, Item, and Statue Deco have Dwarven loo tooltip
 Diplomats Typo: "You can finally oder tradegoods from their caravan again"

Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: October 09, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »

Noticed a bug with necromancy in adventure mode. I can't raise any intact corpses, only severed parts like hands and feet.

I've tried playing around with the interactons to fix it, but does that require a new world as that doesn't seem to work in my current game?
 Anyone know how to fix it?

edt// Forgot to mention this seems to only be with sentient creatures like Dwarves or Humans. Animal corpses can be raised.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:20:00 pm by s20dan »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1179 on: October 09, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »

Noticed a bug with necromancy in adventure mode. I can't raise any intact corpses, only severed parts like hands and feet.

I've tried playing around with the interactons to fix it, but does that require a new world as that doesn't seem to work in my current game?
 Anyone know how to fix it?

edt// Forgot to mention this seems to only be with sentient creatures like Dwarves or Humans. Animal corpses can be raised.
Thats because of a silly workaround I have to use for the biology lab and more... the corpses are actually tools, otherwise I couldnt specifically target them in reactions, but now that you mention it... DAMN. DAMN. DOUBLE DAMN. If all sentient creatures leave no real corpses, then there is no real fodder for necromancers.  :o

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 09, 2013, 04:59:05 pm »

That would explain why all my necromancers in my worlds looking through legends have no kills, and all seem to flock to one tower and write books about each others books. speaking of legends, it'll be pratically impossible for you to track down exactly what you did, but something with the vampire caste, that is the black school of magic, fucks with leaders if they happen to be one of em. They die of old age still somehow, become obssessed with their own morality and the only thing they do is every season of every year make and lift opressive laws.

Now for an not impossible bugreport:
Even though I got domestic pets set to on, all friendy civs are marked as NOTRADE. Problem with the GUI maybe, perhaps the states are switched? (off=on, on=off)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 09, 2013, 05:01:42 pm »

They shouldn't be building towers if there are no zombies...

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: October 09, 2013, 05:03:46 pm »

Perhaps they're using a zombie of a sentient creature that isn't covered in the biologist or some sorts. I honestly have no clue where the towers are coming from. I should look into that.

Edit:
No worries meph, the necromancers(in world gen at least) do raise the dead. A tower in my world was formed via the combined efforts of 34 reanimated elf ashlanders, 25 reanimated THE MIGHTY DWARVEN LEGION (might want to fix that minor grammar error), and 3 reanimated drow elves.

Don't know if they raise in fortress mode. I'll head over to the arena and test it now

edit 2: assuming I picked the right necromancer, they raise as well. Necromancer in disguise raised all the corpses on the map with the exception of a chaos dwarf corpse (which was weird. but it said it was a mutilated corpse so i think thats why).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:14:27 pm by vcordie »

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 09, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »

Thats because of a silly workaround I have to use for the biology lab and more... the corpses are actually tools, otherwise I couldnt specifically target them in reactions, but now that you mention it... DAMN. DAMN. DOUBLE DAMN. If all sentient creatures leave no real corpses, then there is no real fodder for necromancers.  :o

Oh well. I noticed that Gnome corpses can be re-animated so at least we can still create an undead army in Adventure mode :)

Edit//
 Yeah the towers are packed full of zombies.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:49:53 pm by s20dan »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1184 on: October 10, 2013, 03:22:38 am »

They shouldn't be building towers if there are no zombies...
At worldgen there are... I have embarked on a tower with human/dwarf zombies, even with the itemcorpses. But players cant raise them in fort mode, the new corpses you make from killing hostiles. Ah, thats so stupid. I can either delete all the reactions I made and give real corpses back, or I keep the specific biologist and other features, but cripple necromancy. Its also impossible with the other playable races, like taigaorcs and the kobold camp kobolds... they need real corpses for burials, I cant give them itemcorpses as well.

I just need a way to separate corpses based on the creature that left them. I will ask Toady.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 142