Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190644 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1125 on: October 02, 2013, 09:16:05 am »

Yes, I removed it, because it breaks the guildhall/garrison/magic system, and some people didnt realize that. I might add it back with more options, for guilds/military groups/mages.

Rest is noted. Mostly has to do with different tileset versions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 02, 2013, 10:15:01 am »

While you're in there fixing the books, don't forget to check the REAGENTS for studying a book.

[REACTION:STUDY_LIBRARY_SIEGECRAFT]
[NAME:Study Engineering - Lvl4]
[BUILDING:LIBRARY_OF_SMITHING_AND_ENGINEERING:CUSTOM_NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:EARRING:NONE:NONE:NONE]  <-- I'm guessing that this is because you don't want to use up the book?  NVM - EARRING is the Journal. Got it.
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LIBRARY_SIEGECRAFT]
[SKILL:KNOWLEDGE_ACQUISITION]SIEGECRAFT] <-- nvm Student skill as intended.

Shouldn't the REAGENT be the book and the PRODUCT include the book?  I don't think KNOWLEDGE_ACQUISITION would result in an item with any quality modifiers, so that shouldn't be an issue.
And finally, there are 10 types of warfare books [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BOOK_WARFARE_X], there are 10 REACTIONS to scribe the warfare books, there are 22 syndromes to train the combat skills, and 22 REACTIONS to study warfare books.

I don't know enough about what you intended, but things just don't look right.

I think I got it, finally.  10 reactions to write 10 books to be used as build mat for the libraries, which then train all of the skills associated to them. <click>
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:25:02 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:20 pm »

Default key assignments overlap with the Shift-Alt-S stocks show screen
When in that screen, hitting CTRL-F to filter on Forbidden brings up the dwarfmonitor stats screen.
CTRL-I brings up gui/workflow status.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 02, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »

For some reason, ItemSyndrome dislikes my wooden weaponrack:

Code: [Select]
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:127: Cannot read field item_weaponrackst.subtype: not found.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:127: in function 'itemHasSyndrome'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:297: in function 'applySyndromesBasedOnItems'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:347: in function <...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:346>

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 02, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »

Turned off animated Grass in the settings.exe but it is on in the game.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

Got the animated grass issue as well using the Obsidian Soul tileset.

Also, Had a weird issue with water spawning underground. Dug out my dwarf bedrooms, started building and then notice random dwarves sleeping everywhere. Go look, who level is flooded with 6/7 water, can't find any source for it and if I dry it all with dfhack, it randomly is spawning from an average cut rock spot. Only thing I can see with "reveal" is that behind the wall maybe 6 or 7 spots back is a Tear of Armok, but not sure why that would have water pouring out of walls.

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 02, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

Just came looking for how to turn the "Tears of Armok" off myself. If I wanted aquifers I would have turned them on :p

Also: The animated grass issue was using the Masterwork tileset, in my case.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »

You need to mine the Tear. From above tends to be the best way.

Curious thing. I just got my ore processor up and running. Unlike my last game it's on the south side of the room, so dwarves cross its top row. There is something going on with its top row of tiles as a dwarf or cursor that crosses it will be replicated. Using the default tileset.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 02, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »

At "Choose Fortress Location" the "Neightbors" panel does not show "Tower" on the list even if you have a Necro Tower nearby.
Can someone else confirm?

Seems a false alarm.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:10:13 am by JodGap »

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »

You need to mine the Tear. From above tends to be the best way.

Curious thing. I just got my ore processor up and running. Unlike my last game it's on the south side of the room, so dwarves cross its top row. There is something going on with its top row of tiles as a dwarf or cursor that crosses it will be replicated. Using the default tileset.

Did Tears do that before? My first time encountering that.

Also I have noticed the weird graphic issue with the Ore Processor on the Obsidian Soul tileset as well. Plus I think someone else mentioned, I have 3 miners just sitting back with nothing to do even though I have rock available and set to process.

Undeadlord

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 02, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

Plus I think someone else mentioned, I have 3 miners just sitting back with nothing to do even though I have rock available and set to process.

Undeadlord

The Ore Processor uses [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP] in the current version. I *think* that's "Machine Operating", but I've rather lost track of which skills have been renamed to what.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 02, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »

Plus I think someone else mentioned, I have 3 miners just sitting back with nothing to do even though I have rock available and set to process.

Undeadlord

The Ore Processor uses [SKILL:OPERATE_PUMP] in the current version. I *think* that's "Machine Operating", but I've rather lost track of which skills have been renamed to what.

AH ok, thanks. I am sure that must be a glitch somewhere, because when you go under the Ore Processor and choose a new job it says "Skill:Mining". I actually like the idea of someone other than miners doing it .. but whatever :)

Undeadlord

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 02, 2013, 05:47:05 pm »

For some reason, ItemSyndrome dislikes my wooden weaponrack:

Code: [Select]
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:127: Cannot read field item_weaponrackst.subtype: not found.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:127: in function 'itemHasSyndrome'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:297: in function 'applySyndromesBasedOnItems'
...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:347: in function <...asterwork 4\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:346>

Dammit. Weapon racks and armor racks both ruin my (hilariously stupid, mind) method of checking types. I'm going to have to fix that, too.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:59:32 pm by Putnam »

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 02, 2013, 11:46:03 pm »

Undeadlord

AH ok, thanks. I am sure that must be a glitch somewhere, because when you go under the Ore Processor and choose a new job it says "Skill:Mining". I actually like the idea of someone other than miners doing it .. but whatever :)

Undeadlord

Probably just something he forgot to change. From the 4a changelog:

- Changed ore processor labor from mining to machine operating, to ease micromanagement.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 03, 2013, 01:34:14 am »

Thanks Putnam.  I got the same in 4a even with the new version but the command turned it off.

When the pottery is disabled the clay oven still wants bone dry items to fire.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 142