Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190695 times)

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2013, 01:58:36 pm »

Using "v3i - Fixed", and having some trouble with researching. It went fine at first, but now it seems to have broken. It keeps researching things I already have automatically, and it doesn't always give me the item to build with when something is discovered (regardless of whether it was manually researched or automatically due to the bug).

I now have the "rare science discovery" for 3xGreatforge, 7xCrucible and 1xToxicologists Lab, but they were all queued once each. The message about toxicologists lab being researched keeps popping up all the time too, possibly because I never built the first one I got.
I also have one metallurgist, but I had to research it twice (the first one disappeared).

It's also slightly problematic that nothing disappears from the list of available research even if I've already researched it, makes it a little harder to know what to research.

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 27, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »

Yeah, I haven't done a lot of science on this, but I know when I went to research something like the golemforge I got like 4-5 discoveries along the way that I never tried to discover.   Saw the chemist lab announcement I think at least twice before the golemforge was done.    I'm not sure that's intended as side discoveries or it's a bug though.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 27, 2013, 07:50:09 pm »

For some weird reason, my Masonīs Workshop donīt wanna accept the Obsidian as Non-economic rock... Plus the Stonecarver Work marks Magma-safe block as red and I canīt magma safe stuff :S

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1038 on: September 28, 2013, 04:08:45 am »

Srial: you got a 1% chance for a random discovery while "sifting through inconclusive research". So if the golem forge wasnt successfull, you still have a chance to get a random success.

etherdrinnker: did you enable it in the stone stocks screen?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 28, 2013, 06:15:35 am »

I just killed a forest giant but I can't get the trophy from it.  It was a named forest giant if that makes any difference, didn't leave a mutilated forest giant corpse, left a "Pafadarefa Khetketabet's corpse".
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 28, 2013, 07:55:49 am »

Again, as was stated multiple times, modders can work with normal megabeasts and their own creations, but randomly generated T/FB's are out of reach unless you bring in some heavy hacking in.

So to answer your question, you were not supposed to get any trophy from it.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:35 am »

Again, as was stated multiple times, modders can work with normal megabeasts and their own creations, but randomly generated T/FB's are out of reach unless you bring in some heavy hacking in.

So to answer your question, you were not supposed to get any trophy from it.

But Forest Giants aren't randomly generated. They are neither Titans nor Forgotten Beasts. There's even an entry for Forest Giants at the Slaughterhouse. You clearly are supposed to get a corpse you can use in the slaughterhouse from them. You do not, as I reported a few days ago.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:50:49 pm by Arkenor »

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 28, 2013, 08:21:47 am »

I seem to have mostly fixed my problems with research. Though the results are still a bit too random and repeating, at least it isn't stuck on producing crucibles anymore. I did it by [F]orbidding the following items in the stock menu (listed under tools):

1x (Researcher Supplies ) Detailed Report
1x (Researcher Supplies ) Detailed Inconclusive Result
1x (Researcher Supplies ) Detailed Report

I also tried deconstructing and rebuilding the Research workshop, but that had no effect. I can provide a bugged savegame if that would be helpful.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 28, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I just killed a forest giant but I can't get the trophy from it.  It was a named forest giant if that makes any difference, didn't leave a mutilated forest giant corpse, left a "Pafadarefa Khetketabet's corpse".

Did you use the new butchery building for it? I'm not sure if you can get the trophy in vanilla butcher's shop.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 28, 2013, 11:39:22 am »

Where do I get shells from for moods now? Tried a boulder crab, only got shellstones. Tried oysters from fishing pool (and turtles) and catch them, but get no shells when they are cleaned.

I don't see anything on my stocks screen that would indicate they just aren't showing up elsewhere and my moody dwarf sure isn't running off to grab anything. I have everything else he wants.

Scratching my head.

Noitanigami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 28, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »

Alchemist lab is missing zinc -> lead transformation. No obvious flaws in reaction file. Is there any other reason for the reaction not to show up on the menu?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

Alchemist lab is missing zinc -> lead transformation. No obvious flaws in reaction file. Is there any other reason for the reaction not to show up on the menu?
It also needs to be permitted in the relevant entity. Check there.

Noitanigami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 28, 2013, 09:53:31 pm »

Thank you Nahere.

In the reaction file it is named Transmute_2 (no caps), while in the entity file it is TRANSMUTE_2 (with caps). Fixed the reaction file and testing now. Had to start a new game.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 28, 2013, 11:20:25 pm »

Did you use the new butchery building for it? I'm not sure if you can get the trophy in vanilla butcher's shop.

Yep. the "dissect forest giant corpse" is red. building and corpse are in the same burrow and I made some extra barrels since that looks to be a requirement also.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

digimite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 29, 2013, 09:50:54 am »

My mason refuses to craft rock beds from blocks in the stone cutter's workshop, even though there are plenty of blocks available.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 142