Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190766 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #975 on: September 16, 2013, 09:34:12 am »

So the additional signs there have an actual purpose? Well, me not knowing jack about coding shows here. Thank you.

Ok, so I added that. Figured anyone using soundsense might want to make use of that and not do the dirty work himself, so ill paste the code here. Just replace seasons.xml (open with notepad) with this. Testing to see if it works now.

This way, the announcement sound will play, but the music loop will not. Add the same to the music definitions in the same file.

Well, crud. I didnt even notice it was there. Thanks for pointing it out.

edit: updated.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:56:06 am by Z1000000m »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 16, 2013, 10:01:12 am »

Tetrahedrite was removed in 3i, so no reaction needed.

I wouldn't find the bug if I didn't have tetrahedrite bearing rock lying around, looking all smug. I don't use Simple Minerals, Gems, Trees and Stone, because I love geology and variety.
Edit: Why would there not be reactions for additional minerals (YESMIN) when products (_PROCESSED) exist and the reactions can be commented in/out with them? How do they differ from the "chosen" ones?
You must still be playing 3h, which has tetrahedrite bearing rock.  3i does not have it.  A simple RAW search will show that.

[INORGANIC:TETRAHEDRITE_PROCESSED] is still in 3i, but it is unused anywhere in the 3i game, and needs to be cleaned up. The only instance of the string "TETRAHEDRITE_PROCESSED" is in the inorganic_dfhack.txt file. The only instances of "tetrahedrite" itself are in that file and in the entity files. So nothing creates it and it doesn't occur naturally.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:10:10 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Bolland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 16, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »

You must still be playing 3h, which has tetrahedrite bearing rock.  3i does not have it.  A simple RAW search will show that.

[INORGANIC:TETRAHEDRITE_PROCESSED] is still in 3i, but it is unused anywhere in the 3i game, and needs to be cleaned up. The only instance of the string "TETRAHEDRITE_PROCESSED" is in the inorganic_dfhack.txt file. The only instances of "tetrahedrite" itself are in that file and in the entity files. So nothing creates it and it doesn't occur naturally.
There seems to be a fixed version (or just the link) of v3i now. I downloaded mine on the 12th and it has Tetrahedrite and is named v3i. Must have been a mixup, because the last one I downloaded before that was v3b, which I didn't install. Well, I'm off to get the fixed version.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 17, 2013, 01:02:33 am »

I tried my best to jury rig soundsense to work with custom season announcements, but no dice, it doesnt seem to recognise any changes done to the seasons.xml, so only the vanilla announcements work.

Where are the cusotm masterwork announcements stored? Cant seem to find them anywhere.
I was able to get the seasonal announcements by adding " \*(.+)\*" to every season line:
The logPattern would look like this: "(Spring has arrived!)|(Spring has arrived on the calendar\.)|(Spring has arrived! \*(.+)\*)"
I also have the latest SoundSense v42.

So the additional signs there have an actual purpose? Well, me not knowing jack about coding shows here. Thank you.

these be nice

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 17, 2013, 10:59:32 am »

3i  MATRIX

Good biome: getting piles of "milk and honey vapor" in my refuse stockpile.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #980 on: September 17, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

No temperature on?

Its a rain, I dont even know how dwarves can collect it, its spatters on the ground, nothing else. And "vapor" is even weirder, because thats the gas-form...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #981 on: September 17, 2013, 11:14:59 am »

There is already a altered soundsense file in the dwarf fortress directory.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

Temperatures on, but the stockpile was outside so it was probably just where it landed.  I'm not looking at it right now, but I'm 99% sure it was in vapor form.  I'm still playing in that embark so will let you know if it reoccurs.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 17, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »

There is already a altered soundsense file in the dwarf fortress directory.

Why exactly is it in the default folder? Sure enough, its there and it seems to be working jolly fine, but I cannot help but to be somewhat angry at needlesly fiddling around with code for ~3 hours when a working file is just sitting there. It's got a what seems to be a typo: "season" rather than correct "seasons", so I assumed its something completely diffrent and considering its location, soundsense unrelated. I see that the soundsense pack (I cannot have SS update itself at all, it downloads files but they misteriously vanish) has seasons.xml that would overwrite the modded one but I do not recall anyoe saying you have to manually replace it in newer versions.

@putnam, Interesting, thanks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #984 on: September 17, 2013, 02:38:00 pm »

Because the download does not include the 200mb soundpack for soundsense, and there is no seasons.xml to overwrite for me?

If I would put it into soundsense, people would download the soundpack, install it, and the custom seasons.xml would be gone.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 17, 2013, 03:50:48 pm »

The metallurgist states that 4 bars of trifle pewter are produced, when it should say 3 bars. I tested both the make and melt reactions, and they both produce/consume 3 bars. It's just the name of the reaction in the workshop that is wrong.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

Bolland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:33 pm »

Because the download does not include the 200mb soundpack for soundsense, and there is no seasons.xml to overwrite for me?

If I would put it into soundsense, people would download the soundpack, install it, and the custom seasons.xml would be gone.

I think that it should be mentioned in the readme under installation. I am also not sure if removing civilizations in the settings affects those messages. I am familiar with RegExp and I already added more music into my seasons file so I edited it with " \*(.+)\*" for the future.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:38:42 pm by Bolland »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 17, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »

the stonecutter's workshop has ====skill masonry==== but requires stonecrafting... not sure if it's been mentioned already but..
and i believe alder trees have a blank graphic in phoebus during fall when they turn
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 18, 2013, 03:58:27 am »

As well as the feathers being wrecked by the explosion from opening their boxes, even more surprisingly, making a full suit of fur clothing at the tailor's workshop instantly wrecks them. I'd been using all my bought furs for that, but had only just happened to check right after making some. I'd wondered why my clothing situation was getting so dire.

Speaking of clothing and armour, was something changed in armour layering for this version? Dwarves seem to be able to wear FAR more at one time, to the extent that they have trouble walking in it, and folks further down the pecking order in the equipping list are having a hard time getting anything.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:17:54 am by Arkenor »

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 18, 2013, 05:25:16 am »

As I said in my post, I realise that, however it should not be just standing around with a blatant typo in the wrong folder.
A "Replace seasons with this after updating packs with this.xml" in the soundsense directory would help.

Actually, regarding what was posted about rotting things: I have an infestation of just that. Every wood thats unpacked in the storehouse gets mangled (XX) after a while. Ditto clothes. ACtually, it seems to affect some wooden objects. I have like 10 mangled wooden splints and no idea why.

Edit: considering I probably got them form medical crates, It must indeed be the clouds of whatever coming from unpacking. Weird.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:38:46 am by Z1000000m »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 142