Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190811 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #885 on: September 06, 2013, 06:09:15 am »

Thanks, but the SDL thing did not make a difference. No hives running either.

The dwarves themselves don't seem to be doing anything interesting at the exact moment of the crash, which makes me wonder if either migrants or an ambush or siege is trying to turn up, and there's something not quite right with who's doing the arriving. Though Migrants aren't picked til they arrive, so it's probably not them. Is a siege force picked when it arrives, or beforehand?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:13:52 am by Arkenor »

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 06, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

My mason is ignoring the fact that I want him to process ores in the ore processor. I set him to process ores on repeat but he only does it once, then walks away claiming he has "no job." This is extremely aggrevating as my next big DF hurdle is to get a decent metal industry but with this bullshit it's not happening.

I don't mean any offense, of course. But frankly this is annoying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:51 pm »

Can't affect jobs in any way.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 07, 2013, 09:54:18 am »

I just started my first 3.h game - is it possible that some of the setting buttons are backwards?  In the settings, I chose:
- Simple trees -> But elms and maples everywhere.
- Simple meat -> But I have stomachs, intestines, and hearts.
- Simple pets -> But lots of not-simple pets were available at embark.

This is just what I've noticed before I broke ground, there may be more.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 07, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »

In my experience, it's working fine. It reduces the number of varieties, but not all the way to one. Stomachs, intestines and hearts also all have other uses beside food. Stomach (guts) can be dried to make waterskins and you can make rope out of intestines at the tannery. Hearts can be sacrificed at at the altar and I think they have another use, but I can't remember what it is.

Simple pets takes out redundant pets, so if there are two pets that have an identical purpose, you will only have one. All of the pets have been changed to be more dwarf-like.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 07, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »

Long time no see:) Almost a year without DF. And then i started checking MW3h i found a mistype (actually an error copying reactions). You obviously copied batch making of tin to make vanadium. Now it looks like this:

[REACTION:VANADIUM_MAKING_BATCH]
[NAME:batch of vanadium bars(12)]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE:CUSTOM_V]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE_MAGMA:CUSTOM_V]
[REAGENT:A:3:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VANADINITE_PROCESSED]
[PRODUCT:100:12:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TIN]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:6:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ORICHALCUM_ORC]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]!NOSMELTING!PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
   !NODUST!PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESSLAGPIT[PRODUCT:100:3:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAG:INORGANIC:SLAG]
PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_BATCHMETALTIN-
[SKILL:SMELT]

I think that tin should be vanadium;)

Also found that many trade reactions are in entity but are deleted like those kimberlite reactions:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BUY_KIMBERLITE_D]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SELL_KIMBERLITE_D]
in entity_default
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:33:34 pm by Tierre »

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 07, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »

As my last fort was lost to that rather persistent crash, I've started a fresh one without the added cave embark weirdness.

I'm still having no luck at all with the  Speaker's Podium. Can anyone here confirm that they've actually seen the stat Empathy/Focus bonus be applied successfully? It certainly *says* the local folks are being affected, but Dwarf Therapist disagrees strongly.

I've noticed this occurring quite a bit in my dfhack window. I am wondering if it could be related. You use Autosyndrome for the  Speech affects, aye? :

E:\dfapi\plugins\autosyndrome.cpp line 284: Couldn't find unit -1

Edit: Uh oh. A Moody Dwarf wants shell. Good thing I brought a pair of Cave Tortoise along for this very eventuality. I send the male to slaughter, and intervene before my tanner runs off to clean the shell. But the moody dwarf shows no interest, so I let the tanner clean it after all, to see if that helps. It does not. This is probably not going to end well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:14:53 pm by Arkenor »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 07, 2013, 07:41:47 pm »

I'm having difficulty researching biology, far as I can tell I have all the ingredients.  I have a feeling it has something to do with the heart as I don't have the other reactions that use hearts available either.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Heimdallr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 07, 2013, 08:23:59 pm »

Alright so I have a mason who was "swimming" in magma and now his ghost has risen.
I created a slab but it won't be engraved. The task has been waiting for someone to engrave it for an ingame year. what's up with that?

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »

Do you have an engraver?  The main DF Wiki says it uses engraving.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #895 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:40 pm »

Totally in the wrong thread again post.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:51:27 pm by Linkeron »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #896 on: September 08, 2013, 02:34:58 am »

Tierre, it has been quite some time. :)

The vanadium is fixed in my dev-version, but thanks for the kimberlite buying/selling. Will be fixed.

Arkenor: I started the save, but holy frickin enter-cuss-word-here, how large is that map? When I unpause the game has 1 tick time to jump to 1 FPS and instantly freeze. I can run it at all on the netbook, sorry.

ElenaRoan: I'll have a look.

Zeebie: MAny things are outdated on the UI, since I dont have the source code with me, but simple wood means WOOD. Not trees. ;) And simple meat has been changed to allow these 3 new types, because I gave them an actual use. Previously guts and hearts and all that were pointless, just having different names, now they have reactions tied to them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 08, 2013, 03:37:18 am »

Blast Furnace issue - Making bronze and brass requires 'Bars' and will take anything as reagents.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #898 on: September 08, 2013, 04:28:54 am »

Thanks, perfect timing. Is fixed. (Took a while till I figured it out. it was BAR:INORGANIC:NONE:COPPER instead of BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER, lol)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 08, 2013, 06:21:55 am »

Herbalism research seems to be broken. I have some leaves in a bag inside a barrel, and it doesn't work.
I've changed the reagents to:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:X:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_LEAF][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:Y:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:X][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:Z:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:Y][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
Not sure if this is correct, but worked for me
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 142