Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190869 times)

The_Draf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #840 on: September 03, 2013, 01:39:36 am »

So I notised that training dwarfs set to use the garrison uses up five 2500 gold stacks when training to be a guard. Version is 0.3g

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 03, 2013, 06:52:39 am »

Duplicate materials:

• Bituminous coal
  • lignite
  • Anthracite
  • Living stone
  • Adamantine (3 entries)

There might be more, and I'll add any I find.

Torrasque666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 03, 2013, 08:58:55 am »

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but while I can get seeds for certain plants like valley herbs or cave wheat on embark, I cannot plant either. I have a farm set up with half of it exposed for the purpose of farming the now-defunct valley herbs. I know that growing valley herbs might be restricted to certain biomes but I'd think that cave wheat can grow anywhere below ground.
BOOM FOR THE BOOM GOD!
LOOT FOR THE LOOT THRONE!

You seem to be under the impression that we're playing some game other than dwarf fortress. It doesn't matter how powerful you make a creature, we will find a way to destroy it. God is dead, and Urist killed him.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 03, 2013, 09:08:59 am »

Duplicate materials:

• Bituminous coal
  • lignite
  • Anthracite
  • Living stone
  • Adamantine (3 entries)

Not having played the last version: Are you sure those are just not the secret bad tiles?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »

Duplicate materials:

• Bituminous coal
  • lignite
  • Anthracite
  • Living stone
  • Adamantine (3 entries)

Not having played the last version: Are you sure those are just not the secret bad tiles?
I had reported the same back on this post:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125628.msg4519316#msg4519316

The response was that nothing had changed on them (1 is the actual stone, the other is the resulting dust).

I then loaded up 3f and tested and it didn't have the dual entries.

Used Total Commander's 'Compare by Content' to compare those raws. [MATERIAL_VALUE:0] was added on the 3g
version. Yet, removing the tag just results in two entries still, but now they have the same value.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 03, 2013, 03:34:56 pm »

The issue I reported above http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125628.msg4567189#msg4567189
Could it be that I took the wrong kind of anthracite, dust instead of the real stuff?

reded88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 03, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

I'm not sure if this a bug or intentional, but a baby was born in my own fortress, and it was a warlock spy being carried by it's mother. When it revealed it's true form, it didn't use any attacks, not doing anything at all and instead it was slowly tortured to death by his mother.

windows, v3h

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 03, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »

Not much to be done about that. The chances of that are astronomically low, though.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 03, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »

The issue I reported above http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125628.msg4567189#msg4567189
Could it be that I took the wrong kind of anthracite, dust instead of the real stuff?
Yes, that would be my guess.

Keep in mind. The dusts now have 'dust' appended to their name, so you should be able to identify the real stuff. The real stuff will also cost more.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Gilith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 03, 2013, 04:06:43 pm »

The name is the same, at least on embark screen. The price is different though, so I took the cheaper one :D
Well, lesson learned

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 03, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

This is from 3g, and not really sure if it is a bug, or me somehow never noticing it before.

Whenever my military dwarves are idle or on break between training sessions they react to invaders by fleeing as opposed to the normal gung-ho charge the lines and slaughter everything like I usually expect. The "Runs for their life" report occurs at the same time as if they were a normal civ. To get them to actually do something you have to place an active kill or move order.

Just kind of odd to have a Legendary Axe Dwarf, wearing full Masterful Steel armor with named weapon and shield, flee from a kobold thief while taking a stroll between sparring sessions. Then cutting said kobold in half on the first attack after an order is set.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:07 pm »

v 3h
MATRIX

I'm getting some "drinks".  No description about them.  They are not being stockpiled in my booze and are actually being put into my Sweet Pods only and Spore-tree saplings only stockpiles.  Both stockpiles were created by blocking all food and then locating the desired plant from the list to enable that one plant.

But they are being treated as actual drinks and dwarfs swing by and have a swig when they have the Drink task.

I can only think that they are coming from milking my dewbeetles as I haven't even started using my still yet.

--Baby dewbeetles are called "Dew Beetle Nymph" instead of "Dewbeetle Nymph"
--Baby caveturles are called "Cave Turtle Hatchling" instead of "Caveturtle Hatchling"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:06:21 pm by Billy Jack »

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 04, 2013, 01:16:37 am »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TRANSMUTE_VANADIUM]
[NAME:Transmute titanium to vanadium]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMISTS_CHAMBERS:CUSTOM_V]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:CHROME]
maybe another reagent
[REAGENT:C:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:VANADIUM][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:POTASH_MAKING] 
"Transmute titanium to vanadium" should be "Transmute CHROME to vanadium".

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2013, 07:16:28 am »

This is from 3g, and not really sure if it is a bug, or me somehow never noticing it before.

Whenever my military dwarves are idle or on break between training sessions they react to invaders by fleeing as opposed to the normal gung-ho charge the lines and slaughter everything like I usually expect. The "Runs for their life" report occurs at the same time as if they were a normal civ. To get them to actually do something you have to place an active kill or move order.

Just kind of odd to have a Legendary Axe Dwarf, wearing full Masterful Steel armor with named weapon and shield, flee from a kobold thief while taking a stroll between sparring sessions. Then cutting said kobold in half on the first attack after an order is set.

This is vanilla game settings because they are civilians and not on duty as in an active patrol. Do you have him in one of the military guilds?  That may be able to fix that because they like fighting.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 04, 2013, 12:18:01 pm »

I figured as much. I usually have my training area as part of the entrance, so anyone that paths in runs straight into a bunch of sparring dwarves and is promptly dismembered in several directions. The dwarf that pulled the panic and run away move was outside the fort on his way to idle at a previous posting, so he wasn't actively training at the time. 
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 142