Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190908 times)

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #810 on: August 30, 2013, 01:10:09 pm »

I always connect therapist on embark screen, then i check what dwarf is best suited to a particular job and add skills for that job, that way you get the most out of your dwarves.

This doesn't actually matter. I discovered quite recently that a dwarf becomes well suited to whatever jobs you give him/her at embark. The only reason I use it is to check castes and, if I plan to take a soldier with me, see which dwarf has the best attributes for it.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #811 on: August 30, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »

How can you tell that you have a mage on embark?

Using dwarf therapist. You can connect from the embark screen onwards.

I already knew this, but specifically how? Is it under their traits tooltip, or is sorcery auto-enabled, or what?

EDIT: Oh god, sorry, just noticed this was the bug reporting thread, not Discussion. On a more on-topic note, when I'm looked down through the list of stones you can embark with, I noticed that Living Stone is listed twice, one right after the other, at two different prices.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:34:47 pm by Linkeron »

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 30, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

I already knew this, but specifically how? Is it under their traits tooltip, or is sorcery auto-enabled, or what?

Easiest way to see is to group by caste, but you can also see the caste when hovering over them at the top.

EDIT: Oh god, sorry, just noticed this was the bug reporting thread, not Discussion. On a more on-topic note, when I'm looked down through the list of stones you can embark with, I noticed that Living Stone is listed twice, one right after the other, at two different prices.

I noticed a few double entries, I'd list them all, but I'm heading afk for a bit.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #813 on: August 30, 2013, 03:34:07 pm »

Ore bearing rocks are listed under Economic Stones when designating stockpiles. I'm not really sure if this is a true bug or not, but it's going to be tedious for everyone to have to go through the list and disable the stones themselves.

In the meantime, simply searching for the keyword 'bearing' while making said stockpiles will make this go by as fast as possible, imo.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 30, 2013, 03:48:31 pm »

Ore bearing rocks are listed under Economic Stones when designating stockpiles. I'm not really sure if this is a true bug or not, but it's going to be tedious for everyone to have to go through the list and disable the stones themselves.

In the meantime, simply searching for the keyword 'bearing' while making said stockpiles will make this go by as fast as possible, imo.

I think it's intentional, since if they were classed as metals they wouldn't be ore-bearing, but raw ores. You're suggested technique is probably the best one for it though. Search bearing and hit p :)

The metal ores themselves are in there as well, presumably because they'll show in place of/in addition to the ore-bearing if they were still classed as metal. They're all one after another in the stockpile list though, so it's not too difficult to scroll down to them and just spam enter as you go through them. Although, if you're lazy, you could record a macro to do it for you in future forts and ore stockpiles.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 30, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

I think it's intentional, since if they were classed as metals they wouldn't be ore-bearing, but raw ores. You're suggested technique is probably the best one for it though. Search bearing and hit p :)

The metal ores themselves are in there as well, presumably because they'll show in place of/in addition to the ore-bearing if they were still classed as metal. They're all one after another in the stockpile list though, so it's not too difficult to scroll down to them and just spam enter as you go through them. Although, if you're lazy, you could record a macro to do it for you in future forts and ore stockpiles.

Zoop!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #816 on: August 30, 2013, 11:53:01 pm »

Damn. I didnt think about the stockpiling. The new "ore" you get is actually no ore... I had to do that to fix the slag-bar issue. Maybe I can do a workaround... not sure.

In the end it appears that the ore processor causes some issues I did not anticipate, like the embark finder not recognizing them as metals, or the stockpiling of ore... I either have to find a way to fix that, or I might go back and remove it. I liked the idea, but if the DF mechanics cant handle non-ore ore, then there is nothing I can do about it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #817 on: August 31, 2013, 04:28:52 am »

Shame. It's pretty cool though. I think I'm gonna stick with 3h for the moment anyway.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 31, 2013, 06:37:35 am »

Once it can be made optional it won't be a big issue, put a note on the button saying that you won't be able to search for the presence of ore and to use DFHack's prospect command if you want to make sure there's ore available.

I'm liking the new reaction names, no more guessing what each ore produces.

*chuckle* just started mining operations to locate platinum...kinda think the conversation would have gone like this:

Miner: we just struck native gold!
Mining Overseer: You mean gold bearing rock?
Miner: No, native gold.
Mining Overseer: Ah.  I think we'll just leave that where it is.

Much as I appreciate being able to leave around 5 metalwraith's in the walls I don't think you intended that *grin*
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:21:17 am by ElenaRoan »
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2013, 08:27:27 am »

I was looking at the raws, and I noticed that some creatures and monsters have their Frequency as 100 and their Population_Number in the thousands, while other creatures (such as the warklin mauler) have theirs unchanged. Is this intended, or...?
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2013, 11:13:26 am »

Quick question / possible bug report.  I searched but couldn't find anywhere this is discussed.

In V.3g you posted this in the changelog

Oh, and a rather big balancing impact is done by a small change. Guild-members and mages will appear naturally now. At embark and as migrants, with a rate of ~2/3 normal dwarves, ~1/3 guild members and a few singular mages.

I was super excited for this change because I am having a ton of trouble getting a guildhall to work (making coins is a pain and I'm not even close to figuring out how to get a coin mint created yet).  I enjoyed the randomness of guilded dwarves showing up in V.2.   

I've had a V.3g for up to about 70 dwarves before 3h came out, only 1 showed up with a caste.  And in my current 3h fort I'm up to 25 dwarves and none of them have shown up with a caste yet.

I suppose it could be just a case of really bad luck, but I'm thinking 1/3 of my dwarves aren't coming with a caste.  Is there a way in the raws I can turn that on?

Thanks much, love Masterwork.  It makes DF fun for me.

-Srial

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2013, 11:58:47 am »

Srial: It might be that I only changed the pop-ratio in the raw set of the default tileset. I think I forgot to do it for ascii, ironhand and phoebus as well. My guess is that you play one of those tilesets.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 31, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

You're correct, I was using Phoebus.  So I might be able to dig around the raws in the default for this ratio and find that and move it to my set.  I'll give it a whirl, thanks. 

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 31, 2013, 01:42:41 pm »

I think you left REACTION:CHEAT in the permitted reactions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #824 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:10 pm »

Yep, I noticed.  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 142