Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190915 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #795 on: August 30, 2013, 07:37:49 am »

Crap, you are right. I added it to the entity file, but too high. Open the entity_orc_taiga and copy the first reactions a bit downwards. just a single line. -.-
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 30, 2013, 08:00:48 am »

Think the ore processor changes have meddled with pre-embark, since it doesn't seem to recognise ore-bearing rock as metal and so there is no information about shallow/deep metals anywhere. This isn't an important issue, especially when you have plenty of metal everywhere on the world anyway but I digress.

Deep Metals is red on mine though shallow is ok.  That reminds me, do you have to have simple minerals turned on for the ore processor to work properly?

Also figured now while it's hunting for a suitable site it was a good time to dig through the research raws, is the artificer supposed to have two reagents of small gem? The comment seems to indicate it should be 1 small and 1 large gem, the lines look the same to me...I'm still struggling to understand it all *sigh*
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #797 on: August 30, 2013, 08:03:08 am »

Yeah, I changed it from large gem to small to make it easier.

The shallow metal comes from meteorite. It doesnt need the ore processor, because its no ore, but a solid chunk of metal you find.

The disabled minerals from the gui also do not need the ore processor.

But damn, I broke Orc Mode. I have to re-upload a fix for that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 30, 2013, 08:11:56 am »

I play Dwarf mode solely *grin* plus I like a large variety of things, even if it probably kills my fps *lol* so many "simple x" are turned off and more plants and trees turned on *chuckle* no duplicates found so seeing what it comes up with in the way of my preferred sites.

It lists Magnetite, Limonite, Meteorite and Horne Silver under ores on prospect all, from turning off simple minerals?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:18:45 am by ElenaRoan »
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #799 on: August 30, 2013, 08:22:58 am »

Correct. Meteorite and the three minerals I usually remove together with the other rock types.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: August 30, 2013, 08:25:20 am »

See? One playing with Simple Soil: Off. :P
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 30, 2013, 08:51:24 am »

Simple Trees, Gems, Soil, Stones, Minerals, Wood, Meat, and Gem Shapes all off *chuckle*

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 30, 2013, 09:09:56 am »

Possible 3h bug - my starting watermancer fought off the Sasquatch with cold magic, but it burned the wagon and wildfire took most of the map :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #803 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:29 am »

Frostdamage can also destroy wagons, but not start fires. Anything in the wagon that could start one if its container gets destroyed by frost damage?

Watermancers only generate:
         [CDI:MATERIAL:WATER:LIQUID_GLOB]
          [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:ICEBOLT_ORC:TRAILING_VAPOR_FLOW]

Thats it. Cant find a fault in them. No idea where that fire came from.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #804 on: August 30, 2013, 11:46:27 am »

I think the ore processor broke the embarking find tool. Used to be when I embarked on Gaia the entire outer ring would show up as Multiple Shallow and Deep Metals, but now when I use the find tool no metals pop up anywhere. At all. The processor is a GREAT idea, I love it, but I think maybe by changing the old ore to ore bearing rock, you broke the find tool by doing this.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 30, 2013, 11:54:32 am »

I think the ore processor broke the embarking find tool. Used to be when I embarked on Gaia the entire outer ring would show up as Multiple Shallow and Deep Metals, but now when I use the find tool no metals pop up anywhere. At all. The processor is a GREAT idea, I love it, but I think maybe by changing the old ore to ore bearing rock, you broke the find tool by doing this.

I already noted that :)

Edit: I reckon we should just embrace it. If your playing on a world with some scarcity, then this will make it a lot more interesting since you won't know what to expect :) Not that it bothers me, I rarely play with scarce minerals so I have metal everywhere anyway :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:56:19 am by firefly68 »

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 30, 2013, 12:15:41 pm »

V.3h

Had a lucky embark with a fire mage so i decided to bring a sprite to get him a familiar. Fire Sprite bled to death about 2 seconds after being transformed.

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #807 on: August 30, 2013, 12:59:09 pm »

How can you tell that you have a mage on embark?

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 30, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »

Using dwarf therapist. You can connect from the embark screen onwards.

ps. I hate fire mages, they're so inconsiderate with all their damn fires.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 30, 2013, 01:03:22 pm »

Using dwarf therapist. You can connect from the embark screen onwards.

I always connect therapist on embark screen, then i check what dwarf is best suited to a particular job and add skills for that job, that way you get the most out of your dwarves.

---------------

v3.h

I assume the spawn items reaction in the still is for testing and debugging.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 142