Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190928 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #765 on: August 28, 2013, 12:24:09 am »

Broseph: Ups, forgot about the pentagram, I was testing the ITEM_SYMBOL. But dirt/peat should work, I have used both successfully. I even embarked with 100 dirt once (because its free) to build a quick dirt-wall around me.
Clean install, touched no settings, embarked with 20 dirt, attempted to construct wall, "Needs Building Material Non-Economic Item"

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 28, 2013, 12:49:59 am »

are the Chemist and Alchemist supposed to not require a blueprint?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #767 on: August 28, 2013, 01:10:18 am »

Yes, chemist and alchemist are workshops, not in the furnace menu.

Broseph Stalin: Mh... I just embarked with dirt and it works. But you are right that it does not show up in the stone menu... but I can make constrctions from it, both with peat and dirt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 28, 2013, 03:54:51 am »

Fire from embark, with odd barrel materials = That sounds like duplicate raws. What did you do? Please check your errorlog for the word "DUPLICATE"

Errorlog: nothing with duplicate. I've turned off all "harder XXX" and all "more XXX" in settings, that's all I've done before embark.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #769 on: August 28, 2013, 05:28:01 am »

Could you post the errorlog please? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 28, 2013, 08:31:32 am »

Broseph Stalin: Mh... I just embarked with dirt and it works. But you are right that it does not show up in the stone menu... but I can make constrctions from it, both with peat and dirt.

I just made a new embark on the same exact world in the same exact clean install, now I can build with dirt and peat but not with clay.

I'm positive this isn't just me mistaking one for the other because I had to modify Burn Fine Black Bricks to accept peat, it was being treated as economic and the reaction wouldn't take them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #771 on: August 28, 2013, 08:36:47 am »

Thats odd. I know that something is economic as soon as I have a rection that specifically asks for that stone... there is none for dirt. There are some for clay and peat, which means that they should be economic, both of them.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:08 am »

Thats odd. I know that something is economic as soon as I have a rection that specifically asks for that stone... there is none for dirt. There are some for clay and peat, which means that they should be economic, both of them.
In my current fortress (Not Clean) I can build with clay but not with peat and not with dirt. I remember having used CHANGELAYER in my dirty world but testing in my clean world can't replicate a create a situation where clay is used but peat and dirt are not through DFhack.

Edit:  Okay so I found an embark in my clean world where I can build with clay/fireclay but not with peat/dirt. I'm going to copy the save and start a new embark in the same world where I can build with peat/dirt but not clay/fireclay. Even if it doesn't help you it will prove that the giraffe is wrong and I'm not going crazy.

Double Edit: I found a second embark in the same world where peat/clay/fireclay are used but not dirt. Uploading to DFFD
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:51:21 am by Broseph Stalin »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #773 on: August 28, 2013, 08:52:23 am »

No, you are not crazy, it appears to be random. Apani, who mods the soils atm, did check. Same problem.

I can try adding IS_STONE to them, hopefully they appear in the list and you can toggle the economic/non-economic.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 28, 2013, 08:56:10 am »

No, you are not crazy, it appears to be random. Apani, who mods the soils atm, did check. Same problem.

I can try adding IS_STONE to them, hopefully they appear in the list and you can toggle the economic/non-economic.

That's fortunate because the sun would have burned out before my campus internet connection finished uploading a few thousand kb.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 28, 2013, 08:58:14 am »

Also, does it mean anything if an item is between parenthesis or not?
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #776 on: August 28, 2013, 09:52:17 am »

Usually this means forbidden.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 28, 2013, 09:53:45 am »

Usually this means forbidden.

Brackets are forbidden, parentheses means it wasn't produced in the fortress.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:00 am »

Make Wicker Table is missing a reagent.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #779 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:38 am »

Fixed, thanks. That bug must have been in there for almost a year... and no one mentioned free tables? ^^
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 142