Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190953 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #735 on: August 25, 2013, 05:33:12 pm »

Gargoyles have no tile in ASCII version, they're just a blank space.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:31 pm »

Am quite stoked to start a new fort! =)

But... How exactly would we go about disabling the Mighty Dwarven Legion? When I just move creature_mercs.txt and entity_dwarf_m.txt DF crashes on load after worldgen!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 26, 2013, 12:12:19 am »

Ok, well, as weird as it may be to have the Mighty Dwarven Legion kicking ass in worldgen, it doesn't seem to necessarily hurt anything... I have to say, though, I like the older cavern and surface look-and-feel a bit better - everything just seems too homogeneously green now =P I'll see what I can do about this...
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #738 on: August 26, 2013, 03:39:33 am »

You only delete the entity. And I didnt change the caverns... at all. Its probably tileset and colorscheme that you mean, the plants and grasses I didnt touch.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 26, 2013, 04:42:08 am »

I am trying to conduct research on herbalism for ages now (v3f). It just does not seem to work. I have added it as a job, that i can see what item is missing in the announcements. Apparently I need an item with IS_LEAF.
I have placed quarry bushes (with and without barrels) next to the researchers study, also processed leaves. It is not the burrows bug.
According to the raws, it should work.

Maybe a reaction with 5 or six different items is a bit much, given DFs fragile system for locating items.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #740 on: August 26, 2013, 05:07:34 am »

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PAPYRUS:INORGANIC:BLANK_LIBRARY]
[REAGENT:B:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
 [REAGENT:drink:150:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]           
   [REAGENT:drink container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:drink]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_LEAF]
[REAGENT:A:1:SEEDS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

I know whats wrong. It needs a leaf, yes. But leaves are processed into bags. It cant use the leaf, because the reagent should be "leaf" and "leaf-container".  Also, seed and leaf both have reagent_id A.

Fix: Replace the leaf reagent with:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:X:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_LEAF][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:Z:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:X][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 26, 2013, 05:23:04 am »

Wow, fast fix! Thanks!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 26, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

Is there a problem with seasonal freezing/thawing?

So far I've created several "Gardens of Gaia (diverse biomes)" worlds, I've embarked in a variety of Temperate/Cold biomes and in the temperate ones water never freezes, in the cold ones water never thaws.

Interestingly in the embark where the river started frozen and never thawed, around late spring/summer the overall environment changed from snow covered to green plains, but the river and pools remained frozen...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #743 on: August 26, 2013, 01:25:12 pm »

That sounds perfectly normal to be honest.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 26, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

That sounds perfectly normal to be honest.
In vanilla if you embark on a biome with "temperate" temperature you start off in spring with everything covered in snow and water frozen, when you get to late spring/summer it thaws (ice becomes water and snow goes away) and in winter it freezes  again and starts snowing.

The biomes with "cold" temperature may stay frozen until summer/autumn and freezes again in autumn/winter, in some cases you only get a few weeks of flowing water before it freezes back again.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:46:57 pm by Kaos »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 26, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

In vanilla if you embark on a biome with "temperate" temperature you start off in spring with everything covered in snow and water frozen, when you get to late spring/summer it thaws (ice becomes water and snow goes away) and in winter it freezes  again and starts snowing.

The biomes with "cold" temperature may stay frozen until summer/autumn and freezes again in autumn/winter, in some cases you only get a few weeks of flowing water before it freezes back again.

That's how it's supposed to work it's just not how things often go. I often find when playing vanilla that I just can't get a biome that freezes and thaws reliably.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 26, 2013, 08:35:39 pm »

That's how it's supposed to work it's just not how things often go. I often find when playing vanilla that I just can't get a biome that freezes and thaws reliably.
that's weird I usually don't have a problem finding a real temperate biome (thaws in spring, freezes in winter) when playing vanilla... I'm aware that it doesn't function like clockwork, but still I'm yet to find one single embark in MW that actually has thawing water...

If anyone has a site in the pre-set MW "Gaia" world with seasonal thawing I'd like to see it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:37:41 pm by Kaos »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 27, 2013, 12:13:05 pm »

Dirt and Peat are treated as economic and don't show up in the stone list. Since dirt's main purpose is a cheap building material it's sort of useless.

This applies to all collected soils. Also Clay is a pentagram.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:53:14 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

Ok, so, I've embarked (with 10 dwarves) on cold area, and right after unpausing my wagon literally exploded - great fire started spreading and consumed all my dwarves. All I had was swamp whiskey, meat and picks. No charcoal, no wood, nothing flammable (except wagon itself). What the HFS happened?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 27, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »

Ok, so, I've embarked (with 10 dwarves) on cold area, and right after unpausing my wagon literally exploded - great fire started spreading and consumed all my dwarves. All I had was swamp whiskey, meat and picks. No charcoal, no wood, nothing flammable (except wagon itself). What the HFS happened?
Possibly related, I unpacked a kobold loot bag and got several trinkents and two "magma" which degraded the wooden planks of the trade storehouse until it was destroyed.

Didn't report earlier because I fiddled with the raws.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 142