Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190954 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #720 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:33 pm »

Make Fishing Poles and Fishing Nets able to be stockpiled separately:

Add to inorganic_zmasterwork.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Modify reactions in reaction_masterwork.txt

Replace:

with:

Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 22, 2013, 11:21:44 pm »

Peat collection:

Only peat that is a soil layer is actually collectable.  Peat that is part of a "vein" in a dirt layer is not collectable as it is treated as stone instead of soil.

To fix:
Remove the line [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:DIRT:CLUSTER:100] from the [INORGANIC:PEAT_SOIL] definition in inorganic_stone_soil.txt. This will stop peat from showing up as a vein in dirt layers, thereby eliminating the possible confusion on which peat is collectable and which is not.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:26:01 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #722 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:06 am »

Thanks Billy Jack, I applied both patches. Just as background info: I added the peat into dirt, because I wanted to raise the chance of finding it, because one more soil layer (dirt) makes all other soils layers more rare... seemed it didnt work out.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 23, 2013, 03:12:16 pm »

So as I'm testing out the fishing changes, I discovered that the Turtle reactions don't work because their product is TURTLE_CAVE, a creature which does not exist.

Changing to POND_TURTLE

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #724 on: August 23, 2013, 04:27:48 pm »

What do you think of producing the items as buildmats, ordering a specialized "bag of fish eggs" as buildmat to make it somehow reasonable that you can start a fishfarm, and then... use disposable "fish food" you make in the kitchen to actually farm fish?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 23, 2013, 05:09:14 pm »

With the change to make the items (fishing supplies), I think they are fine not being buildmats. But I do think it would be good to order the fish eggs as well.  It just seems too easy that you can cut 15 blocks, make a couple of buckets, and then have an endless supply of food.  At least the fish eggs will slow that down for a year. (but it also makes sense that you would be able to embark with them. :)  )

As far as bait, I like the idea.  Restrict the possible bait to meat/vermin/other body parts/etc. if possible.  Don't know of many fish that are caught for food, that actually eat plants.

and another bug/fix:

Remove the FIRED_MAT token from the end of the product output for all of the BUILDING:KILN reactions.
Change GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:NONE.

This change allows workflow to predict the output and manage the number.

Also, I notice workflow isn't able to control fishing output (other than the net and pole). Don't know how it could be fixed, unless you fish for some fish_tool that is processed at the Fishery into the raw fish to be cleaned.  That may help with the balancing as you could leave it at having a 4% chance of catching the one fish_tool, which would be then processed into the random fish type. (of course they could process the fish_tool at the Fishpond as well).

Further balancing: reactions to specify what you are fishing for. One for Trout, one for Lungfish, etc. Each still having a low chance of success. As I understand the probabilities on the reactions, its a dice roll for each one, meaning if you were lucky, you could currently catch all five of the possible fish with the pole in one reaction.  Different bait for each as well.

And as long as you are listening.  :)   I find it odd that dwarfs, a race born from the stone and genetically designed to live underground, can get black lung from coal dust.  I turn off harder mining, but then have to go turn warpstones back on in the RAWS.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:16:46 pm by Billy Jack »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #726 on: August 23, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

I never used workflow, so I have no idea.

I would like to use water as a buildmat, which is somewhat possible... but dwarves are too stupid to fill buckets. They just check for "the item = water", ignoring all wells and ponds and rivers....

Remove the FIRED_MAT token from the end of the product output for all of the BUILDING:KILN reactions. Change GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:NONE. This change allows workflow to predict the output and manage the number.
I'll probably add this then, if it helps workflow. :)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 23, 2013, 05:24:20 pm »

The FIRED_MAT change helps me from having diarrhea of fire clay beds.

hmmm.... would that burn the sphincter??

I've also fished the hell out of my underground water cistern, so truly balancing fishing is something Toady will need to do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:27:17 pm by Billy Jack »

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #728 on: August 23, 2013, 05:28:32 pm »

Remove the FIRED_MAT token from the end of the product output for all of the BUILDING:KILN reactions. Change GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT to GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:NONE. This change allows workflow to predict the output and manage the number.

Then they would be clay and fireclay beds instead of earthenware and stoneware.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 23, 2013, 06:39:38 pm »

Incorrect.  GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REGEANT:clay.  The reagent for the reactions specify that it is Fire Clay.  [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:FIRE_CLAY]

Since it is just a reaction, feel free to test it on a fort where you have Fire Clay or Kaolinite.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:43:18 pm by Billy Jack »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 23, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »

Probably mentioned already given its apparent severity, but I'll post it here just in case. I came across a crash bug when I set up a world. I disabled frost giants and warlocks, and enabled dark elves and dwarves. I also enabled the additional kiln reactions and disabled harder farming. The world genned just fine but when I tried to start either fort or adventure mode the game crashed. This happened all three times I tried. Removing the elves fixed adventure mode, oddly, but not fort mode. Removing the dark dwarves fixed fort mode. Each time I genned a small world with a short history to expedite the testing process.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 24, 2013, 08:56:23 am »

Small issue: Lots of reactions have "seperate", the correct spelling is "separate"  ;) just a heads up, not sure if anyone's mentioned it

Bigger issue: I may be misunderstanding how this works because I don't use it in-game, but wouldn't
this be exploitable by repeatedly buying and selling it? Or is this meant to be a joke, since the BoA should vapourise immediately?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 24, 2013, 08:57:50 am »

It vapourises iirc

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #733 on: August 24, 2013, 09:19:07 am »

Incorrect.  GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REGEANT:clay.  The reagent for the reactions specify that it is Fire Clay.  [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:FIRE_CLAY]

Since it is just a reaction, feel free to test it on a fort where you have Fire Clay or Kaolinite.

Actually, he is right. You collect INORGANIC:CLAY, then make an item with get-material-from-reagent. The reagent is INORGANIC:CLAY, the product will be INORGANIC:CLAY as well. I used material-reaction-product before, to link to stoneware, earthenware and porcelain.

@Rickroll: Yep, I wondered till somebody noticed that. You cant sell it, its gas. ;) and thanks for the typo-find.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 24, 2013, 12:35:47 pm »

Ooops!  My bad for being cocky. :o    -- Sorry, Silentdeath.

But, how about this:

PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_BRAZIER:INORGANIC:CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE
... etc.

Since each material has its own reaction, just specify what the outcome material should be.

After changing the reactions to having a product material of INORGANIC:CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE, INORGANIC:CERAMIC_STONEWARE, and INORGANIC:CERAMIC_PORCELAIN, I am now producing actual "stoneware" items instead of the "fire clay" items.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 142