Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190969 times)

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »

Ok, thanks for your answers, i will see if i swant to do it ^^.

Just a question : Why the choice to use standart material? It's necessary for one feature or ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2013, 05:31:39 pm »

I dont understand what you mean. STANDARD_TISSUE/MATERIAL is the vanilla version.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »

Any chance the Screw Press glue reactions using Bloated Tubers can have the material type changed for the created pot of glue?

As it is right now they can't be stockpiled, as they are bloated tuber material. I assume the glue made from horns/hoofs probably has the same issue. The glue made from spore tress works as you can stockpile tools made of Wood.

I'm still on v 3e, so sorry if you already caught this, I hadn't seen anything about it.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2013, 06:04:40 pm »

That would be the 3 coal dusts. I did not change anything on them, so I can only assume that they have been in the embark selection all that time.
I just checked back in 3c and they don't show up during embark.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2013, 06:18:10 pm »

I dont understand what you mean. STANDARD_TISSUE/MATERIAL is the vanilla version.

No, by standard material i mean "material with no specific name before", the COMMON thing you have changed. Why this choice to not use the "STANDARD_TISSUE" etc... and use specific "standard" item for animals and reactions.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »

It's definitely not that.  I have cancelled and reissued the order half a dozen times, I have tried doing a spot clean, I have tried putting in "clean all", tried putting a wall and removing that then trying again.  NOTHING has worked.

Could it be something wrong with the tile the dwarf wants to stand on while building, rather than the tile the construction is on? Perhaps check every adjacent tile since you can't tell which one he wants to stand on?

There was only one tile available, did try a couple of others.  spawning a wall just south and digging it out to have a floor then them letting them try building from there instead of the one just north.  No dice.  Removed it again and dug out just to the west and let them try building from there.  Again no dice.  Can build 1 square just north but not on THAT spot.  Frustrating *lol* oh well, I don't usually end up filling the bedrooms on that level anyway, I can live with it until fps death *chuckle*
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Dragoon_103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:43 am »

not sure if i should post this under [DWARF] because its more adventure mode.

and advfort there are alot of custom reactions and workshops missing, such as not able to make an anvil in the smelter because i dont have the option. and the clotheir and letherworker cant make any armor or clothes. theres also a ton more crafting reactions missing with the advfort adventure mode.

i think there is a way for us to just go and add in more reactions but i dont know where to find the file to do this, a location would be much appreciated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #712 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:23 am »

Nilsou: I am sorry to say this, but before we can continue this sort of discussion, you would have to learn more about modding. The tissue and material templates have nothing to do with the reactions, they are lines in the creatures. The reactions work differently. For exmaple you could add a correct reaction-class to leather, then have dog leather be "boiled in oil" and the resulst would still be "tough leather" and not "tough dog leather", regardless of what the material templates and tissues say. Thats what I mean with rewriting the reactions completely.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 22, 2013, 02:40:33 am »

Uhm... is it right that Duck's can not be butchered? ??? My Hunter has brought 2 Duck's but my butcher dont butcher them and say there are no butcherable animals.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 22, 2013, 04:27:46 am »

error with researching "minting metals" saw this error in DFHack

"...rworkDF v3f\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/announcement.lua:312: attempt to call global 'announcement_cointmint' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...rworkDH v3f\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/announcement.lua:312: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)"

I'm guessing it was supposed to be "coinmint" not "cointmint"
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:14 pm »

Nilsou: I am sorry to say this, but before we can continue this sort of discussion, you would have to learn more about modding. The tissue and material templates have nothing to do with the reactions, they are lines in the creatures. The reactions work differently. For exmaple you could add a correct reaction-class to leather, then have dog leather be "boiled in oil" and the resulst would still be "tough leather" and not "tough dog leather", regardless of what the material templates and tissues say. Thats what I mean with rewriting the reactions completely.
Hum sorry, but i have modded a few little thing. I'm not a native english speaker, so maybe i have some dificulties to exprime myself.
I rewrite that questions by an other way :
In vanilla DF when you butcher a Dog, you have some "Dog meat" witch can be cook in "dog biscuit", for example etc...
In MasterWork it's just "Meat". To avoid mis-understanding call this "standard" ^^
I understand that you have to delete that feature for some specific reason. Well, my question is, by curiosity, for what reason/feature you had to use "standard" materials...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #716 on: August 22, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

ElenaRoan: Thanks, is fixed.

Nilsou: What is your language of choice? English is not my first language either.

Anyway, nothing FORCED me to use them. I wanted to, to make lists of reagents shorter and to improve FPS. Stockpiling also gets a lot easier. Upgrade systems get easier. New players can learn the game more easily. Its also a big part that these things serve no purpose. Elephant leather is the same size and thickness and value as dog leather. And a floodgate of giant sandworm bone works just as well as from kitten bone.

But MasterworkDF? Has 5 skin types, 3bone types... enemies are tougher or weaker depending on the creature, a dragon has dragonscales that are actually different from "skin". A vanilla dragon has the same "skin", just renamed to scale as a kitten. Its ridiculous. And a kitten gives as much leather as an elephant. I changed all that.

For which reactionsI wanted to standardize these things? For everything that uses animal parts, mostly the tanner/leather upgrade system.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 22, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

Quick bug; beetle mead (drink) can be used to coat weapons at the toxicist wih the coat with imported venoms reaction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #718 on: August 22, 2013, 04:53:51 pm »

Yeah, thats because I use all creature_extracts for that... honeybee honey would probably work as well. ^^

AJC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »

is it just me or are adamantine carving/boning/slicing knifes hilariously sharper than their vanilla versions because i'm easily getting them to cleave torsos and remove heads almost all the time on civ race size creatures at least in arena mode with knife user and fighter maxed if i can get a hit in even on a maxed out skills dwarf in the nude although armor at least bronze grade stops this and even with max armor skill nude civ races still tend to get decapped almost all the time if it hits.

at best in Vanilla i get deep cuts that get internal organs under the same situation and maybe head removal 15% of the time although most of the time i just hit the skull and tear the brain with the same stuff and same stats although other limbs still fly off very easy unless armored.

nothing more funny than to hit a orc/goblin/elf with one and it's torso flies off.

it's more amusing than anything else.

also i just had a dwarf bite kobold had it shake after latching on and it ripped the torso in two and on another kobold it ripped it's head off legendary wrestlers are hilariously fun the 3rd i didn't need to bother the bite caved it's skull in for a kill stuff like this is why DF is hilarious regardless of what's done to it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:44:50 pm by AJC »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 142