Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190970 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #690 on: August 21, 2013, 05:37:47 am »

It's definitely not that.  I have cancelled and reissued the order half a dozen times, I have tried doing a spot clean, I have tried putting in "clean all", tried putting a wall and removing that then trying again.  NOTHING has worked.

Could it be something wrong with the tile the dwarf wants to stand on while building, rather than the tile the construction is on? Perhaps check every adjacent tile since you can't tell which one he wants to stand on?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Darulio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 21, 2013, 07:02:26 am »

Darulio: Try deleting add-spatter.plug.dll in the dwarffortress/hack/plugins folder. And if you have a save that crashes, please upload it so I can have a look :)

That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:31 am »

version 3f
complete default settings on a fresh download of the code.

at embark item selection screen:
Anthracite, Bituminous coal, and lignite all have multiple entries. for example: there is an Anthracite value 9 and an Anthracite value 3.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #693 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:35 am »

That would be the 3 coal dusts. I did not change anything on them, so I can only assume that they have been in the embark selection all that time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:44 pm »

Hello everybody,

I notify a bug :

When you disable "simple Meat" in setting.exe ("No" selected), it don't change anything (anyway, on my game...).
All meat, fat etc... are simply named "meat", "fat" etc... instead of "dog meat", "leazard meat" etc...

Thank's for your amazing work !

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #695 on: August 21, 2013, 02:02:07 pm »

requires a new world to take effect.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 21, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »

This parameters were the same since my world gen. So ....

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #697 on: August 21, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

So... what? What parameters? The settings dont change anything in the adv world gen, but in the raw-files that the worldgen bases its world on.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 21, 2013, 02:52:43 pm »

.... yes, I know, I just say that my settings defined in setting.exe was defined BEFORE MY WORLD GENERATION. And i don't touch it after. So it's not a "you change the setting.exe/rax files after the world gen" because i changed it before.
So i think it's a bug ^^. (the others settings works fine, for example, when i change "simple meat" to NO (before my world gen i repeat ^^) i change "simple wood" to NO too, and.... it works very well)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #699 on: August 21, 2013, 03:03:52 pm »

Ah, now I understand.

Simple meat on = Meat. (and heart, stomach, intenstine)
Simple meat off = Meat. eye. lung. cartilage. liver. kidney. (and heart, stomach, intenstine)

Thats the difference you should see. It still wont get any "dog meat" or "cat meat", thats not an part of the GUI.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2013, 03:10:50 pm »

Ha... are there any means to reactivate these vanilla feature ?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #701 on: August 21, 2013, 03:16:41 pm »

Nope, with good reason. It would break... all 1300 creatures and several hundret reactions that are based on the basic creature materials, like most of the reactions that need leather, scale, shell, chitin, glue, bone, food and so on.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 21, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

Small one. The bone ammo reactions in the fletcher try to get material from reagent A but the bones are Reagent C.

Still the case in version E

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 21, 2013, 04:56:43 pm »

Nope, with good reason. It would break... all 1300 creatures and several hundret reactions that are based on the basic creature materials, like most of the reactions that need leather, scale, shell, chitin, glue, bone, food and so on.
Ok, but if i just don't want to use these reactions. Currently, i don't care about new buildings, so i don't need the new reactions. But i love the GUI for the new races, civilisation, misc feature, new creatures etc...

I think the name in meat etc... was an important part in the "FUN", considering it's always more fun to cook a dragon meat thing instead of cooking the same standart meat.

So, if i want to mod it to reactivate this vanilla feature (in price to theses breaking reactions). How can i do that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

You dont understand. You cant use animal parts anymore if you do this. No tanning. No leather. No leather bags, no leather armor. You would have to rewrite ALL the reactions that use parts from animals.

If you want to give it a try, get notepad++, open all creature files, and replace COMMON_ANIMAL_MATERIAL and COMMON_ANIMAL_TISSUE with STANDARD_MATERIAL and STANDARD_TISSUE. Then gen a now world. I predict that nothing pretty will come of it, but this is the basis of it.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 142