Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190977 times)

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #675 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:20 am »

I believe it's a common vanilla bug atm. Urist can't stand where he'd prefer to, so he tries to stand in the place where the construction will be. When he realizes that won't work, cancels the job. I know you said there actually isn't someone there, but it could still be the same bug. I have it happen all the time with walls, it usually takes cancelling the construction and building it again, they'll invariably stand somewhere else on the second try.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 20, 2013, 02:01:06 pm »

Cut farmed spore tree is broken, it's accepting regular saplings so I'd wager something's off about the plant.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #677 on: August 20, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »

There is nothing wrong with the plant, besides that it does not exist.  :-\ (I redid all of the saplings at some point, must have overlooked the spore-tree sapling)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:50 pm »

Maybe that is the reason why I have masses of "seeds" (sic) in my stockpile? No idea where they come from or what they are for, but I have 280 of them.

Edit: Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/xTtjrEZ.png
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:17:46 pm by mglarev »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 20, 2013, 03:21:10 pm »

Are we supposed to have access to CRATE's? It looks like a test item.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #680 on: August 20, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »

Yeah, I already noticed the TOOL:TESTME AWESOME CRATE ^^ It is a leftover from testing. I think I'll whip up a bugfix release shortly, because I did miss a few things when I decided to release this version without finishing everything first.

Just make a steel kiteshield in the greatforge, and you'll know what I mean.

And the rockforge requires glassforge-research. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 20, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

Turning off harder mining doesn't turn off the reaction for selling warpstone so if you give Teduk a lump of clay he'll give you 2500 shillings.

Same basic problem but with warpstone research.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #682 on: August 20, 2013, 04:39:58 pm »

I know. Cant change it atm, have to wait till I am back in Germany. Its a GUI problem.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 20, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »

What exactly is the point of the Rockforge? I played around with it but I didn't see any real utility. Perhaps some of the stones with more oblique attributes would be interesting to make weapons or armor out of? Things like homemade slade, cobalt, and so on? I tried the rock bolts and they were awful, but that might have been my dorfs. In the arena, even the cheapest bolts *seemed* to outshine the rock tip bolts. Maybe, once again, I missed something.

There's not as much recorded !SCIENCE! from Masterwork as there has been in Vanilla. Where are all the min-maxers? :)

I also ran into a little problem, which DFHack happily rectified but it could still have caused a bit of FUN. I had water troughs across the entrance of the fort, and when the Human caravan went through this time, it left a pool of Bitterroot poison behind. That can't be right?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:52:12 pm by masterdiscord »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 20, 2013, 09:37:34 pm »

Hey, for some reason I can't use kaolinite to make porcelain stuff at the clay oven. I have fuel, I have fuck-tons of kaolinite, but it keeps saying there is none. The job to make the stuff is available, but whenever I task it, the dwarves say there is no 'fired-mat kaolinite'.

Darulio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 20, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »

Not sure if this is supposed to go here, but I was unable to find my problem by googling it or searching the forums. Masterwork worked fine for me before, but eventually started crashing whenever I picked the game mode I wanted to play, on the screen where it shows Dwarf Fortress, Adventurer, and Legends. This started happening in the v.3e, and I hoped installing .3f would fix it :I
It didn't start happening after a crash or anything and I have tried reinstalling both versions. The game also crashes after saving sometimes 0-0

Edit: The save crash happens with the manual save, not the autosaves

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #686 on: August 20, 2013, 09:57:32 pm »

Hey, for some reason I can't use kaolinite to make porcelain stuff at the clay oven. I have fuel, I have fuck-tons of kaolinite, but it keeps saying there is none. The job to make the stuff is available, but whenever I task it, the dwarves say there is no 'fired-mat kaolinite'.

Try Changing FIRED_MAT_PORCELAIN in inorganic_mineral.txt to FIRED_MAT.

Noticed another bug when looking at this, several reactions have the requirement FIRED_MAT_EARTH which nothing has.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 20, 2013, 11:47:49 pm »

I believe it's a common vanilla bug atm. Urist can't stand where he'd prefer to, so he tries to stand in the place where the construction will be. When he realizes that won't work, cancels the job. I know you said there actually isn't someone there, but it could still be the same bug. I have it happen all the time with walls, it usually takes cancelling the construction and building it again, they'll invariably stand somewhere else on the second try.

It's definitely not that.  I have cancelled and reissued the order half a dozen times, I have tried doing a spot clean, I have tried putting in "clean all", tried putting a wall and removing that then trying again.  NOTHING has worked.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #688 on: August 21, 2013, 04:01:57 am »

ElenaRoan: Thats weird, but I cant affect dwarven AI. It must be some vanilla problem

Silentdeth: The fired_mat_porcelain is fine. The leftover fired_mat_earth are a problem though, I fixed it in my dev version already. The fired mat porcelain doesnt matter, because kaolinite is a stone, you are not supposed to collect it anyway, you simply mine it, just like before.

Darulio: Try deleting add-spatter.plug.dll in the dwarffortress/hack/plugins folder. And if you have a save that crashes, please upload it so I can have a look :)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:19 am »

ElenaRoan: Thats weird, but I cant affect dwarven AI. It must be some vanilla problem

I see.  I'll head over to the main forums and see if I can find somewhere to ask about it.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 142