Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190982 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #660 on: August 18, 2013, 12:11:56 am »

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, so here's the report. I'm not able to make ink from dye. I have over 40 bags of purple dye from Plump Helmets, but I only job cancels when I try to queue any "make ink from dye" reaction. I can make it just fine from ash, it only becomes a problem when trying to do it with dye. Anyone have any idea why?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #661 on: August 18, 2013, 07:07:26 am »

Felius: Did you check the known bugs section about Burrows, and about "reagents inside bags inside barrels?"  And knowing the mod version and tileset used would help a lot. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #662 on: August 18, 2013, 10:14:29 am »

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, so here's the report. I'm not able to make ink from dye. I have over 40 bags of purple dye from Plump Helmets, but I only job cancels when I try to queue any "make ink from dye" reaction. I can make it just fine from ash, it only becomes a problem when trying to do it with dye. Anyone have any idea why?

I reported this a while ago: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127247.msg4339069#msg4339069

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_INK_DYE]
[NAME:make ink from dye]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_N]
[REAGENT:A:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:MILL][REACTION_CLASS:IS_DYE]
[REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:D:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:5:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:INK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:5:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:INK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:C]
[PRODUCT:100:5:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:INK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:D]
[SKILL:DYER]

No bag for the dye, you expect them to carry it there in their hands or something? Man, that's going to make a mess.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 18, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

Bug report v3f: tanners shop needs diplomacy for building.

Curseborn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:30 pm »

My fort with the previous post about steel bars not working when made in the blast furnace does not have any burrows, not a single one anywhere.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 18, 2013, 10:21:41 pm »

Bug report v3f: tanners shop needs diplomacy for building.

That's hard-coded, dude.  Holdover from Diplomacy being the vanilla Tanner skill.

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 19, 2013, 03:24:11 am »

V3.f

Distillery Reactions:
Make Mead
Make Mead (3)

Brewery has no make mead reaction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #667 on: August 19, 2013, 05:15:50 am »

All noted. Dye needs a bag, steel bars from blast furnace will be tested, and I should probably move that second reaction from the still to the brewery.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »

I know you've said you don't have the source for the launcher currently, but I wanted to mention something. I just had a dwarf suffocate for no discernable reason, then another. I realized... he WAS mining a coal vein... so I checked the launcher and sure enough, the button said Harder Mining was on. I didn't turn it on, and I always turn it off.

What I've noticed and might have been what happened here: changing tileset appears to reset *some* options but not all. I don't mind that you can't change tilesets within a save, but resetting some options here and there means I have to check all the settings.

It's a shame too, this embark is pretty sweet. I got lignite, hematite, kaolinite, clay, sand, peat, and a perfectly flat map with lots of feather trees.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2013, 02:03:27 pm »

What I've noticed and might have been what happened here: changing tileset appears to reset *some* options but not all. I don't mind that you can't change tilesets within a save, but resetting some options here and there means I have to check all the settings.

That is correct and I have been meaning to change this for quite a while... but its a lot of work and I never got around to it, since most people seem to play with one tileset only. They chose their tileset, then change settings around... not many people play different forts with different graphics.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:45 pm »

Yeah, the first time I noticed it was when I first started. Got all set up and then realized I really didn't like the default tileset. Just used to Phoebus, I guess. Anyway, this time it was because I was screwing around trying to find a way to make the menus use an ASCII tileset and graphics use Phoebus or something. There's an init setting that seems like it *should* do that, but it doesn't. I don't like how using a tileset screws with the punctuation and quality tokens in the interface. It took me a while to figure out that (stairs)- meant an arrow. -.-

Changing the settings back seemed to work in the existing world, so I'm happy. :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:19 am »

-shnip-
Very offtopic here, why does it say INACTIVE-DON'T PM ME under your avatar, yet I see you almost every single day when I check through the forum? ??? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #672 on: August 20, 2013, 06:37:12 am »

Because I underestimated the amount of wifi in south-east-asia? I have been here 6 years ago the last time, and I had to go to internet cafes and pay for internet. Now its free wifi everywhere, in the hotel, in cafes, in restaurants, sometimes even boat/bus. And everyone runs around with smartphones or netbooks :P

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 20, 2013, 08:01:39 am »

Because I underestimated the amount of wifi in south-east-asia? I have been here 6 years ago the last time, and I had to go to internet cafes and pay for internet. Now its free wifi everywhere, in the hotel, in cafes, in restaurants, sometimes even boat/bus. And everyone runs around with smartphones or netbooks :P
Yay for asians :) Haha sounds like just about everywhere meph :P So perhaps remove the sign under your name?

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2013, 08:22:35 am »

Um...I'm getting a weird bug while trying to build a green glass window next to a drop.  The dwarves keep cancelling saying "creature occupying site", before anyone pipes up and says it's because the dwarf is standing on it, it isn't.  I've even stepped through it and looked at the spot with k at the moment of cancellation, there is nothing there.  tried running the clean DFHack command in case but it still does it.  I've no idea what else to try.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 142