Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190990 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #645 on: August 11, 2013, 10:22:55 pm »

They dont randomly start fires. Pets dont, either, except some special warbeasts. Firemages can... but really, I cant tell you what happened in your fort. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 12, 2013, 05:13:59 am »

*blink*

Huh.

So I've been dealing with the Cult of the Carp God in my fort.  And I have an Acolyte of the Carp God who is still... friendly.  As in, the guy transformed, he's registered as an Acolyte, changed sprite and everything... but he's just hanging around, not attacking anyone, and registers on my screen as still a member of my fortress.  Is that supposed to happen?

Also, where is the Spawn Location?  I'm trying to set up a Ward and am having trouble figuring it out - I have a Changeling Breeder and I tried making a Ward (Changeling), but there was no outcome from the Temple.

Anyways, give me a bit and I'll be trying out the magic system - I deliberately embarked on a zone that's both good and evil and has both requisite woods.  Just need to paint a pentagram and I'll be ready to make my first dwarf (who will likely be a healer - constant attacks by evil wildlife, titans, giants, sieges, and the occasional cult uprising has taken its toll).

Edit:

Upon further play, the Acolytes can be assigned to a pasture... note I say Acolytes! now - for some reason now when they convert they are all like this instead of immediately hostile like they were before.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:45:41 am by Ruan »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 12, 2013, 10:53:40 am »

Bladed composite bows only have blunt attacks.

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 12, 2013, 05:13:37 pm »

Were good lands supposed to kill undead? Just had a fort over run by about 30 undead in 101 winter in a good biome... so much FUN, forest fires and undead and magma and uh... minecarts - don't ask.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #649 on: August 13, 2013, 11:47:41 am »

Have a dwarf wearing platemail that has a steel, titanium, and wolfram rune on it. He fell asleep and never woke up, eventually dying of thirst/hunger.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 13, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »

Bug: No reaction to become a legendary rirfledwarf from platinum soul.

Flavio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 14, 2013, 08:18:35 pm »

Don't know if is WAD, but I've got a migration wave and one of the migrants had a pyromancer next to her name, suddenly she sets fire to the map killing herself and another migrant that had just arrived, only the application of rain from DFhack saved the rest of the map from the fiery destiny. This is WAD or a bug?

Curseborn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 15, 2013, 01:34:06 am »

Ive noticed that my hunters refuse to use ammo made in the fletchers the only ammo they will use are metal one i make in the forge. ive tried assigning just bolts with no material specification and also wood bolts and bone bolts but they wont use those.  As soon as i craft metal bolts in the forge and assign them to only use metal bolts they will go pick them up though.  The marksdwarves in squads wont equip any ammo from the fletcher either

edit: have not tried ammo caster or any other building that makes ammo yet
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:35:19 am by Curseborn »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:50 pm »

Turning off harder mining doesn't turn off the reaction for selling warpstone so if you give Teduk a lump of clay he'll give you 2500 shillings.

edit: Selling booze doesn't consume the booze and gives a single "silver coins"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:10:13 pm by Broseph Stalin »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 16, 2013, 08:38:43 am »

Ive noticed that my hunters refuse to use ammo made in the fletchers the only ammo they will use are metal one i make in the forge. ive tried assigning just bolts with no material specification and also wood bolts and bone bolts but they wont use those.  As soon as i craft metal bolts in the forge and assign them to only use metal bolts they will go pick them up though.  The marksdwarves in squads wont equip any ammo from the fletcher either

edit: have not tried ammo caster or any other building that makes ammo yet

Fletcher ammo is piercing, broadhead, and hammer head. Those must be assigned as a seperate type of bolt/arrow/jav.  IE "wooden broadhead bolts (Foreign)" vs "bolts"
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2013, 01:16:05 pm »

- during reload of a save i had frequently crahes
also after a reinstall. But now a bit later in the game it disappeared so far.

- the elfes behave always as if offered wood. also when just one granite craft is traded.

masterdiscord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »

This is quite minor but deprives me of a feature: I can't get any of the caravans to bring me marble in boulder or block form, and I don't have a marble layer. Thus, it's impossible to build the structures that require marble. Might I suggest a crate of marble blocks? It could be expensive, for all I care. :)

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BUY_MARBLE_D]
[NAME:Buy marble(5) for 1000 shillings]
[BUILDING:BASIC_MERCHANTS_STALL:CUSTOM_NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1000:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:SILVER]
[PRODUCT:100:5:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:MARBLE][SKILL:TANNER]

Curseborn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 17, 2013, 11:08:31 am »

thanks for the help with masterwork ammo maybe you can help me with the next thing that seems like a bug. When i use the magma blast furnace to create steel bars no reactions seem to recognize them as steel bars, if i make steel in vanilla buildings the steel is recognized.  So i made steel in the magma blast so i could make steel mechanisms in gunsmith (i tried both normal and magma gunsmith) but when i went to the gunsmith and queued up make steel mechanism it was red and i couldnt make it, so i queued it in the job manager and i got messages saying i needed steel bars so i made some in the magma smelter instead and those worked.  The steel bars in the magma blast furnace also will not go into a stockpile limited to steel bars. 

Pretty long explanation but i wanted it to be reproducible if it is a bug.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
My
« Reply #659 on: August 17, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »

My best guess: Burrows Bug. Check the known bugs section in the manual.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 142