Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190968 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #630 on: August 09, 2013, 11:43:25 am »

This is troubling, to say the least. While testing I had 2 crashes at embark as well, both times it loaded the map and insantly froze. Both times I was already pressing keys while it loaded. When I loaded the same worlds and emarked again, it worked.

I also excluded dwarfnamesadvanced from the list of suspects, so either its the god-scripts, or something I did with raws, an item or material of some sort...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 09, 2013, 12:58:56 pm »

After a total re-install, I'm going to try different combinations of settings to see which one induces the same freeze as before. I've left all mod settings and map parameters as default, generated a Diverse (Garden of Gaia) world with 100 year history, and created a Human Hero with no skills or attributes. She spawned in without a hitch.

I'm going to tweak settings one-by-one to see which induces the same freeze as before.
Here's my science:

Control: All settings as detailed above. Spawn successful.
Control +100 Random Creatures: Same control, only with 100 randomly generated creatures. One semimegabeast; no extra civs. Spawn successful.
Control +200 Random Creatures: Same as control, only with 200 randomly generated creatures. One semimegabeast; one extra civ which survived worldgen. Spawn successful.
Control +Item Types: Same as control, only switching on the extra trees, plant types, instruments, and toys as well as switching off simple toys and gemshapes. No random creatures this time. Freezing occurs.
Control +Extra Tree & Plant Types: This time I'm switching everything back to default except Tree & Plants, which I've switched on. Freezing occurs. Getting warmer.
Control +Extra Tree Types: Switched off extra plants, just to see which one screws stuff up. Spawn successful.
Control +Extra Plant Types: Switched off extra trees and on extra plants. Freezing occurs. (I finished my drink just in case it needed more time than usual. But nope. Freeze.)

I hope that helps. I'll try more combinations of things if you want. I've got a free weekend ;)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:15 pm »

Small one. The bone ammo reactions in the fletcher try to get material from reagent A but the bones are Reagent C.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #633 on: August 09, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »

Broseph: Keep them coming. :)

lottanubs: Yeah, I think the curren version has duplicate herbs, if you play with MORE PLANTS. I knew this (has been reported once) but I didnt know it causes crashes. It certainly messes things up, so please look at your errorlog and see if you have DUPLICATE and HERB in it. (it was from some groundwork I did for the herb garden, a workshop I planned... the flora&fauna mod I include already had those, I didnt knew)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

Dwarves take multiple stacks of ammunition to the toxicologist if they have less than 25 in a stack but they only coat the first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #635 on: August 09, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »

Thats nothing I can affect, just like the bone or meat stacks that are completely consumed. I could only reduce the amount of ammo needed, but then it might happen that they coat only a very small stack.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 09, 2013, 05:38:54 pm »

It sounds like he's saying multiple stacks, of which only the first stack is used.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #637 on: August 09, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

Yes, I did understand that. :P

The reaction says 25 ammo. If the first stack is 50, all is ok. If its 25, all is ok. If you take 5x5 bone bolts, then only the first stack gets coated. But the only thing I can change it saying either more or less ammo.

The biggest problem is single bolts, which count as stack as well. Players just have to use stockpile-feeding for this.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #638 on: August 10, 2013, 02:22:49 pm »

[v3c]
I mentioned earlier I was having problems with the temple reactions affecting everyone. Recently, I had earthbound die, then get back up, not be resurrected, they can't be resurrected by a lifemancer (how can I change that?), but get back up and die again, repeat 5x. Thus all his friends and family were not in a good mood, in desperation I tried the temple reaction, and as normal nothing happened, I also used the bard which was working when they would get in line of sight. After all of that, I ran into a CTD bug. To try to get around it I used 'unload all' and then burrowed my entire population around the tavern playing the no emotion song. Well as soon as I did that, everyone got infected by armok's wrath, in less than 2 game days everything that was still the default dwarf caste was infected. Thus there seems to be something with dfhack blocking the normal temple reactions. I might try it with the blessing soon and see if that works the same way. Not now, I have other things to worry about, as I mentioned in the other thread.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #639 on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »

Weird, but dont concern yourself with it. The blessings get deleted for the religion update, when I use priests for everything. You know, priest caste gets a real use. ;)

The old mages cant get resurrected because their transformations-system was done before trueTransform existed, so they cant be transformed again (to heal them), resulting in them getting animated instead, but then they die from their wounds again.  Again, the new mages fix that, I just assume your Earthbound is from an older version, because they dont exist in 3d or 3e.

Oh man, I have so much to do, dont even know where to start. ^^ Which is a good thing, its fun and I have plenty of ideas atm.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #640 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:50 am »

Religion update? What? Spill it mister.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #641 on: August 11, 2013, 03:17:20 am »

My mouth is sealed and my todo list is eternal. :P

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 11, 2013, 04:12:24 pm »

Having a problem; I've downloaded the 25 minute long fantasy music replacement, because I've gotten bored of soundsense, and installed it into my files correctly. However, it crashes my game upon trying to load the "explore the world and embark" screen.. Any fix, or am I just going to have to use soundsense?

Le edit; And now I add in the rest of the missing default sounds like the song for the intro and it works. Bloody. Computers.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:14:24 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 11, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »

Is it a known issue that farms will randomly cancel all their jobs? So my dwarves won't plant for a whole season or more even though we have seeds and space in the farmplot, and it's set to that plant?

Seems to happen most above ground. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:13:06 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

westamastaflash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2013, 07:37:51 pm »

Do built Illuminations have a chance of spreading fire? Because my dining room just had a crazy fire (many dwarves "bled to death. unable deliver oxygen to the brain due to blood loss"

I cannot for the life of me figure out the fire got started... Do any of the pets that migrants bring with them have the ability to start fires?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 142