Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190993 times)

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #600 on: August 05, 2013, 08:44:33 pm »

I found a bug earlier with the Temple Of Armok, basically when sacrificing a life I was able to run the reaction three times before the reaction killed the Dwarf resulting in three armour sets, seemed the first two only made him dizzy.
I also wonder if its intentional for coal dust to be more or less instant death while weak warp stone is comparatively mild.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 05, 2013, 08:53:18 pm »

Yes... Clay stuff goes to the clay oven, all other kiln-business goes into the kiln. I added so many clay reaction (and will fit twice more, for earthenware and porcelain) into the clay oven, that it will get too full. Thats why I splitted it. The kiln will do all the driyng, ovening and glazing, while the clay oven will create items, earthenware, stoneware and porcelain. Thats the idea. :)

I searched several times through the list and actually wrote down every building in the workshops, furnaces, and even the default build menu to confirm but there doesn't appear to be a "Kiln" anywhere.

Mortimer1066

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:13 pm »

I just downloaded version 3e about 24 hours ago and have been trying to get a new world created.  After a lot of testing and working on it it seems to crash about 90% of the time during the world creation and the 10% that made it through creation crashed when I tried to start the game.  I can never get past the game mode selection screen.  I tried a modified large region, and many different of the standard starts that you are supposed to use.  They all crash,  I have completely reinstalled the mod 3 times and ran on the default settings every time I get a crash before getting to the embark screen.

The error log did have a lot "Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect:" in it about 30 I would guess in my last try, I did see a few other errors from other logs but I reinstalled and do not remember those. I am not sure if that is the cause or if it is something else.

I have not seen others having the issue on the last few pages here, but I have no idea what I have done to break it.  I am going to go back to 3d and see if I can break that while waiting on a reply...it had been working though before I upgraded.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 06, 2013, 10:05:33 am »

I have not seen others having the issue on the last few pages here, but I have no idea what I have done to break it.  I am going to go back to 3d and see if I can break that while waiting on a reply...it had been working though before I upgraded.

I have exactly the same problem... :/

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #604 on: August 06, 2013, 10:28:32 am »

Mortimer & Szarrukin: Try the LAA-patcher I include. It can be found in the settings.exe, on the lower right. Run it on the DwarfFortress.exe, once with the checkbox, then try the worldgen, then again with the checkbox, then try the worldgen. Thats about all I can do... worldgen sometimes exceeds your memory, this patcher should help.

If the game crashes for other reasons, I cant help. Depending on their system some people get odd worldgen crashes, but no one ever found out why. My system for example never crashed at worldgen with any mod-version I release.

@broseph: On V.3e, Furnace Menu, at the top?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 06, 2013, 11:12:33 am »

Mortimer & Szarrukin: Try the LAA-patcher I include. It can be found in the settings.exe, on the lower right. Run it on the DwarfFortress.exe, once with the checkbox, then try the worldgen, then again with the checkbox, then try the worldgen. Thats about all I can do... worldgen sometimes exceeds your memory, this patcher should help.

If the game crashes for other reasons, I cant help. Depending on their system some people get odd worldgen crashes, but no one ever found out why. My system for example never crashed at worldgen with any mod-version I release.

@broseph: On V.3e, Furnace Menu, at the top?

Couldn't find it. Did a new install and found it immediately. The Building_Furnaces_Masterwork is completely different. No idea what the hell happened but problem resolved.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #606 on: August 06, 2013, 11:18:12 am »

I think I know. Switching tilesets deletes it. DAMN these building files in the seperate tilesets. They are a curse on me.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2013, 11:21:33 am »

I think I know. Switching tilesets deletes it. DAMN these building files in the seperate tilesets. They are a curse on me.
There's the rub.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2013, 11:26:31 am »

Well, thanks for the report then. I know where to find and how to fix it, although I am short of just deleting the different building versions. This is the third time something is off.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2013, 02:46:12 pm »

Looks like you're aware of this one.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:47:46 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Mortimer1066

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 06, 2013, 03:23:38 pm »

Meph,  I thought i was using the LAA patcher, but I ran it again just to make sure, and was able to get a world created.  But I still get a crash anytime I try to play the game.  I click on play dwarf fortress it hangs up a bit then crashes. 

I was able to get a few world gen crashes last night trying 3d.  So far they were all worlds with dwarf castes enabled that crashed.  But I have not been able to get 3d to crash while trying to start a game after it created a world successfully.   I am not sure why, but 3e just does not like my pc or something. :/

Varyag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:30 pm »

I know it is not a particularly useful report as i managed to lose the save containing the error but dwarf fortress would crash on a particular date. I fixed it by using slayrace to kill everything not dwarf. Tried killing off creatures one race at a time to try and narrow it down but couldn't fix it just by getting rid of one, it only worked by mass slaying almost everything on the map.

Maybe someone else has noticed this problem and have more information about why it occurs or how to fix it.

*EDIT* I did search the issue first but couldn't find anything on it.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 06, 2013, 10:45:33 pm »

"Mill Plants" works on lentil but the reaction returns generic seeds. Not sure if that will help pinpoint the problem.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 07, 2013, 02:12:07 am »

The creatures that grazing doesn't get turned off for are all in "creature_a_pet_dwarffort.txt"
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2013, 06:40:00 am »

Not 100% sure this is a bug, and if it is it probably isn't because of MDF, but.

For some reason my Forge dwarves have been trying to melt 3 Gold Chests for at least 3 years, possible up to 5. I only just figured out that this is why nothing ever seemed to be getting melted. I'm going to see if it was just a fluke, or if these chests refuse to melt, but it was very odd.

EDIT: Also, making ammo at the Magma Ammo Caster seems to uses the Furnace Operator skill instead of Weaponsmith, not sure if that is something that can be adjusted.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:46:28 am by Repseki »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 142