Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191000 times)

Atomic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #585 on: August 04, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »

don't know if this is with just masterwork, but i just get a completely spontaneous crash for no apparent reason while DF is running. Not a memory issue, this is a young fort on a 3x3 embark in gardens of gaia. the gamelog reports something different happening every time it crashes, no consistency there.

errorlog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2013, 12:00:49 am »

Thistleknot: Whats wrong with having default physical/mental attributes?

would it throw the game off if I modded in vanilla ranges?  I looked at all the castes for dwarf's, and there generally uber powerful (like low end of 1250), so I thought I'd mod in vanilla ranges at no loss in gameplay

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »

ok maybe its just me but this version is completely unstable on my computer. Version C worked a dream, this version will not even get past world gen  :(

I have downloaded it 3 times and update .net framework but it still just crashes every time.

Can i still get version c anywhere pls??

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2013, 12:47:46 pm »

sorry for double post... found out if I deleted the add-spatter plug in every is now fine?!?! odd

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2013, 02:09:10 pm »

I can't seem to mill most plants. I made a test fort and I have sugar beets, Wild Blackberries, Mulberries, Cave Barley, and Hideroot. All of them should be millable according to the plant guide but I can only mill hideroot and only by the specific reaction.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2013, 03:10:28 pm »

See if the problem is not with stocks.

I had 600 cave wheat that was not registered by the z menu, and i couldnt do anything with them. I had to dump them from eveery barrel onto a separate no barrel stockpile. Only then were they usable. Still not counted by the z menu curiously.

the other problem might be that there is a bag sink somewhere. I had some bags stuck inside barrels and had to dump them as well.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2013, 03:32:59 pm »

ok maybe its just me but this version is completely unstable on my computer. Version C worked a dream, this version will not even get past world gen  :(

I have downloaded it 3 times and update .net framework but it still just crashes every time.

Can i still get version c anywhere pls??

Same here - I can generate world, but every time I try to play (dwarf or adventure mode, doesn't matter) all I get is crash. Creating new world doesn't help. :(

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 05, 2013, 04:48:49 pm »

See if the problem is not with stocks.

I had 600 cave wheat that was not registered by the z menu, and i couldnt do anything with them. I had to dump them from eveery barrel onto a separate no barrel stockpile. Only then were they usable. Still not counted by the z menu curiously.

the other problem might be that there is a bag sink somewhere. I had some bags stuck inside barrels and had to dump them as well.
Tried it. No bags, no barrels, not forbidden, no stockpile links, no burrows. I embarked with a bunch of bags gathered plants, made a quern, and attempted to mill them. The specific mill reactions are available but the option to "Mill Plants" remains red.

Tabris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 05, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »

Maybe Diplomacy occupies the slot tanning used to occupy?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:55 pm »

Correct.  Vanilla Tanning skill is Diplomacy in MW.

Tanner and Leatherworks are hardcoded to require the vanilla skill to build, but all reactions are based on the MW Leatherworking.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #595 on: August 05, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

Thats true.

I also noticed the milling reaction, but I havent found a mistake in the reaction itself. Please note that the "====MILLING/PRESSING====" title is actually the vanilla "mill plants" reaction. It uses another skill, so I had to do some tricks... but you can use it to mill these blade wheats. I'll have a look at how to fix it though...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 05, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »

Thats true.

I also noticed the milling reaction, but I havent found a mistake in the reaction itself. Please note that the "====MILLING/PRESSING====" title is actually the vanilla "mill plants" reaction. It uses another skill, so I had to do some tricks... but you can use it to mill these blade wheats. I'll have a look at how to fix it though...
Thanks Meph. I also noticed that dwarves have the reactions to make and smoke pipes but not to make tobacco.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #597 on: August 05, 2013, 08:10:28 pm »

Its in the Kiln. I remember seeing it ingame. Tested and works. At least in my dev version. ^^ Are you sure its not there?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 05, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

Its in the Kiln. I remember seeing it ingame. Tested and works. At least in my dev version. ^^ Are you sure its not there?

Your kung fu is stronger than mine but it may have something to do with that kiln/clay oven business. Looking closer I noticed that I couldn't make pearlash either. In the raws Pearlash making and Tobacco drying both reference KILN_MASTERWORK as their relevant building. A reaction that I can do, Make Clay Bed, just references KILN.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #599 on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:32 pm »

Yes... Clay stuff goes to the clay oven, all other kiln-business goes into the kiln. I added so many clay reaction (and will fit twice more, for earthenware and porcelain) into the clay oven, that it will get too full. Thats why I splitted it. The kiln will do all the driyng, ovening and glazing, while the clay oven will create items, earthenware, stoneware and porcelain. Thats the idea. :)
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 142