Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190730 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2013, 08:20:20 am »

Bug report;
3E meph tileset (matrix)

Turning simple meats off in the settings and I can embark with hair chop, cartilage chop, chitin chop, and armoured raptor (male) chop.
Mmm. Hair chops 8)
//edit
Umm... I'm also finding rough hewn fireball walls. Oh lord.
Could you check your errorlog for duplicate entries? Because that sounds like one.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2013, 10:15:17 am »

ElenaRoan: The Embark section is one thing I check very carefully before I upload something. Check your errorlog for DUPLICATE, I guess you have some raw entries double. Must be an installation error, did you maybe copy something over an old version?

If not, and you just unpacked, and do find DUPLICATE_ entries in your errorlog, please let me know which tileset you use.

dang, guess I'd better delete this fort and the folder *sigh* had a bit of trouble with the initial download, not all of it downloaded and I got an "unexpected end of archive" error, redownloaded and this one unzipped fine.  I thought it would just copy over anything there from the failed unzip *sigh* obviously a stupid thought...oh well.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2013, 12:11:32 pm »

Yup it was a duplicate. It was an Inorganic I made myself. (Shadow_template) Didn't realise you'd one too so they were clashing. My bad :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2013, 12:16:40 pm »

ElenaRoan & Godlysockpuppet: So both of you modified the raws (in different ways), broke them and then ask me about bugs? What is the world coming to.  :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:17 pm »

ElenaRoan & Godlysockpuppet: So both of you modified the raws (in different ways), broke them and then ask me about bugs? What is the world coming to.  :P
I'm so sorryyy :'(
please don't beat me

Also don't forget zombies use battlecries :) Fix eet
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:25:13 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

I'm so sorryyy :'(
please don't beat me
COME HERE BOY WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO LEARN YA SOME COMMON SENSE.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #561 on: August 02, 2013, 12:28:08 pm »

Mh... you say that undeads of the sentient species use battlecries? Damn... that will be something hard to fix, because it works on creature-basis, but undeads are still the same creatures, just with some other tags.

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

Hi all.... Just downloaded the latest version 3e (twice) and the game crashes every time I try and select "dwarf Fortress" to play. When it imports the map (it never gets this far) I get the "dwarf fortress has encountered a problem" guff....  the error points to "add-spatter dll" but I have tried to delete this and still the game crashed at the same point every time. V3c worked fine for me?!?!? confused

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2013, 11:26:50 pm »

Well actually it looks like that isn't what was the problem.  Deleted the folder unzipped again and:

"Duplicate Object: plant HERB_CINNAMON
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_PARSLEY
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_OREGANO
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_MINT
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_FENNEL
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_THYME
Duplicate Object: plant HERB_BASIL"

I'm using the Masterwork tileset.  I turn off simple trees and simple wood and turn on more plants.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 03, 2013, 12:38:43 am »

I'm using the Masterwork tileset.  I turn off simple trees and simple wood and turn on more plants.
Well it looks like you found the problem.  Turn off more plants.

As has been stated in the past, more plants isn't modified from its original form to be fully compatible with MW.

If you still want to use more plants, edit the plant_florafauna_ff.txt file to no longer have tokens for those duplicates.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 03, 2013, 01:38:39 am »

Where?  Because it's not in the main download thread, it's not in the manual, there isn't a warning attached to the button and I've never seen it stated before.  I do rtfm, I'm not a complete idiot (though I feel like one when I make a stupid mistake like assume a computer is going to do something logical).  I've tracked down the duplicates and removed them so I can play but I thought Meph actually wanted to know when there was a problem.  If that isn't the case my apologies and I'll shut up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #566 on: August 03, 2013, 03:00:33 am »

It seems that Flora&Fauna does include the same herbs (with the same IDs, curiously enough) then the ones I wrote for the herb garden. I planned herb garden and culinary kitchen, and added these 10 fake herbs for it. The "MorePlants" button adds different version of them on top, causing the issue. I only playtest the default setting, thats why I didnt notice. I'll fix it next release.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2013, 08:00:24 am »

The changes to the season message breaks soundsense. A fixed season.xml:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Suggest including it in the mod download and making it read only so it will not get overwritten when someone updates the sound files.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #568 on: August 03, 2013, 08:09:34 am »

Awesome, thank you :)

vaderflag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 03, 2013, 11:41:41 am »

A bug observed under v.3d (and previously under v3b? when the old magic system was in):

Dwarves who are resurrected by the lifemancer cannot be appointed to noble/administrator roles.

They can be added to squads just fine, but are not on the list of names for any of the noble positions. Will update if any action changes this.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 142