Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190733 times)

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2013, 11:53:47 am »

Oh, an Adventure mod bug; it seems frogmen cannot be conversed with. I'm gonna bet it's the same for the rest of the Fortress Defense races.

Wouldnt be a suprise considering this is a fort mode mod.

jacketgun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2013, 02:20:34 pm »

i have a bug where my trade depot constantly designated every item i have for trade despite me only wanting to trade 2 bins, as a result every dwarf tries to stock everything in the trade depot....
this never happend to me in vanilla df so i assume posting it here is the right thing to do.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 13, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

i have a bug where my trade depot constantly designated every item i have for trade despite me only wanting to trade 2 bins, as a result every dwarf tries to stock everything in the trade depot....
this never happend to me in vanilla df so i assume posting it here is the right thing to do.

There's a DFhack plugin for marking stockpiles for auto-trade. I think it's accessed with the (q)uery tool, and there should be an auto trade option. My bet is that you accidentally turned it on for all your stockpiles, resulting in the above behavior.
(Please, when making a bug report please include what version of Masterwork you are playing with, it helps finding the right answer.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:55:52 pm by fricy »

jacketgun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 13, 2013, 04:10:33 pm »

There's a DFhack plugin for marking stockpiles for auto-trade. I think it's accessed with the (q)uery tool, and there should be an auto trade option. My bet is that you accidentally turned it on for all your stockpiles, resulting in the above behavior.
(Please, when making a bug report please include what version of Masterwork you are playing with, it helps finding the right answer.)

thanks, that fixed it.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »

Dang Meph, I lived in a dengue fever area for a few years and counted myself lucky to escape it.  Take care of yourself, your health comes first.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »

Good to know Billy Jack. I ended up just saving and quitting for the night out of frustration. When I reloaded the save today, the dwarfs immediately left to seek food/booze/sleep. This might be useful to know if this happens to anyone else and until the bug can be tracked and squished.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 16, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

disabling the slow learning option leads not to vanilla ssettings, but something akin to 1000% skill boost. I just embarked and was clearing the ground for the fort, when I noticed that the guys are working somewhat too fast. they were already 5 to 6 levels higher then they started with.

This is going to be a pain to fix.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 16, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »

I have quite a few gold bags of loot from unlucky kobolds building up but the reaction in the research lab doesnt seem to recognise them. Anyone have a fix for that?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 16, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »

I can't get the music to play (not soundsense, just the generic DF music).  I have the sound button in the MW settings set to "yes." The init file also says the music is on.  In the game, the volume is set to maximum.  Other programs have normal sound.  Is anyone else having this problem? Thoughts on how to solve it?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 16, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »

I can't get the music to play (not soundsense, just the generic DF music).  I have the sound button in the MW settings set to "yes." The init file also says the music is on.  In the game, the volume is set to maximum.  Other programs have normal sound.  Is anyone else having this problem? Thoughts on how to solve it?
Masterwork is based on the no sound branch if dwarf fortress. Most people find the DF music repetitive and annoying after a while so meph based his masterwork mod around it. Im not gonna recommend a fix because youd have to patch the music enabled .exe with all the dfhack binary patches yourself and its an awful lot of trouble

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2013, 05:57:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's just a change in the init file and having the music files removed, not an entirely different compile. That'd be a waste of time.

You have to copy+paste the music from a normal install.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2013, 06:00:29 pm »

Masterwork is based on the no sound branch if dwarf fortress. Most people find the DF music repetitive and annoying after a while so meph based his masterwork mod around it. Im not gonna recommend a fix because youd have to patch the music enabled .exe with all the dfhack binary patches yourself and its an awful lot of trouble

Well that's interesting - so why is there a sound button in the settings program at all?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »

Because it's in the init.txt.

Like I said, all you need to do is add in music (as long as they're song_game.ogg and dwarf_title.ogg and both ogg files, it can be anything) and turn sound on.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 17, 2013, 07:23:45 am »

What Putnam said. Hehe I thought it was a seperate compile. My bad

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #464 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

My weaponsmith is pretty awesome, he has joined the smiths guild and spent some time in the library getting all the way up to legendary. Naturally when I need some weapons made he promptly goes and gets hurt. Fine, I say, off to swim in the fountain, and promptly forget about it. Fastforward a couple of years and Mr. Weaponsmith transforms in to a lifemage. Well fine, I say, you can heal and make weapons too, I certainly don't see any conflict of interest here. And you are the 4th lifemage, I thought I could only have 3, oh well back to work.  Fastforward a couple more years and I have a golem forge. It says activate a golem, so that must mean I craft it and activate it later right? Makes perfect sense to me. The raws say it uses weaponsmithing, O.K. on the off chance quality matters let's put Mr. Awesome Weaponsmith on the job. Oh look some Orcs to distract me for a few minutes, you stay busy Mr. Weaponsmith this wont take but a minute. While reading the combat logs during the battle I notice "Lifemage Weaponsmith Hammergolem is caught it a cloud of..." blah blah blah golem vapor. Wait, What? Mr Weaponsmith? Are you OK? Your not missing; your not in the unit list; but you are still spamming the combat log with healing and according to the A next to the reaction in the workshop, still making weapons.  ??? I am very confused... I guess that means I don't have to worry about you getting hurt again?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 142