Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190727 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2013, 03:22:11 am »

The tailor is making leather gloves instead of gauntlets. Standard citizens are picking them up instead of reserving them for military.
Gauntlets are bugged and can't be assigned left or right values, so they're useless. That's why Meph uses gloves

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2013, 06:26:03 am »

Isn't the DFHack fix for that already in?

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2013, 07:19:23 am »

didn't know it was fixed. Maybe that is a bug then :-X Haha my bad

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2013, 11:00:41 am »

Right, the reaction RAW is using ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES instead of ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS_D.

This can be changed in existing saves by doing a find/replace on the ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES as it is only listed in the Tailor's leather armor reaction.  File to change is reaction_masterwork.txt
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2013, 09:58:00 pm »

A few issues:

In the masterwork tileset Warlock Spearman have some kind of missing tileset, sometimes they are shown using the same image as other warlocks, but occasionally they will just be a blank, black square.

Recently I was sieged by Orcs, it was a long siege right up until all of the Orcs decided to kill each other. This may have been caused by the war pets they brought with the having children. The Orcs then aggroed on the children, and I think caused some type of loyalty cascade. The beast were war barghest.

My poisoner keeps coating things in "honey bee honey"... perhaps she is hoping they will be allergic? Same problem with "beetle honeydew."

No library books for researching/inventing, or sorcery, no guilds either, as far as I can tell. Think poisoner may not have been there either, can't check right now.

Swimming in the fountain had no effect on someone who was rotting (not important since magic is replacing this building?)

Slade ballista bolts were not effective. I think this may be due to poor cutting properties, though I've not looked at the raws. It did push people around but did very little actual damage, not enough force from the push from the looks of things.

Had a titian discover a frost giant ambush and after the frost giants killed it (breathing fire doesn't really help if you choose to fight under water) the giants just stood around doing nothing, even though my gate was wide open, may be a vanilla issue.

Cannot choose volcanic at a material type for weapons/armor at the uniform menu.

Request/Suggestions:
Removing rust is too inefficient compared to smelting steel or iron from bars/ore.  Suggest increasing to number of bars per batch to 6 in crucible and adding remove rust reactions for a single bar to the smelter.

Poison and acid based catapult ammo, getting tired of burning all of my trees down. Specifically a delivery method that produces a vapor form of some of the crafted poisons. Not sure if the syndrome could be modified to work both as a vapor and injected liquid, not familiar enough with the game files. For the acid based ammo, any non-flammable effective AoE ammo would do, however historically lye was used in early mortars and such as a crude chemical weapon.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 02:10:10 am by silentdeth »
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2013, 11:58:12 pm »

There are a group of dwarfs just standing outside by a pile of stuff left by the last warlock invasion. I assume that they were going to pick the stuff up because some of them have weapon and armor bins.

They won't move despite most of them being hungry, tired and thirsty. I even activated a military alert to try and get them to move with no luck.

I'm using a previous version of masterwork but I'm not sure how to find out which one.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 13, 2013, 12:22:17 am »

I've run into the same thing and they will move again once they get hungry/thirsty enough. At least, that's been my experience.

Regarding the leather gauntlets:
   While changing the tailor's reactions will generate the gauntlets, you won't be able to specify them as the material for gauntlets when trying to designate them as the material in the military uniform screen. I'd guess that the [LEATHER] tag would need to be added to the [ITEM_GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS_D] in the item_gloves.txt file.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Umbra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 13, 2013, 05:11:13 am »

Hello Meph, for some reason it is constantly raining different kinds of blood in evil biomes, to the point where i have to use the clear command every few minutes http://i.imgur.com/hzYmXE5.png

I have weather and regional weather off in the settings  http://i.imgur.com/DK4NSTP.png

It is becomming really annoying and i tired everything to stop it but it just will not. I created a world trough advanced world gen and even there i put weather effects to none to no use. What can i doo to stop this?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #443 on: July 13, 2013, 05:58:36 am »

Hello Umbra,

thats because the Setting.exe only changes the new one I did mod in. What you see is a normal, vanilla DF feature. You can control it youself, by setting EVIL_RAINS in the adv. worldgen settings to 0 before generating a new world.

@alltherest: You probably noticed that I havent been here the last week... some might even remember that I said: A new release with kobold fixes and animal parts is almost finished... so... yeah,... I feel like shit. First we were stolen from (1300 Euro worth of stuff), then we got Dengue fever... also known as breakbone fever, and there is no medication against it. The last week was pretty much pain. We are both (girlfriend and me) getting better, but dont expect anything anytime soon. I even have to countercheck all the stuff I wrote last, because I did it while having fever, no idea what mistakes I wrote into the raws...

currently we are stuck in goddamn indonesia and cant get out... tomorrow 15h bus, then 2-3days boat, then bus, then boat, and so forth, and in 2 weeks we have a flight out of here. sorry, I know RL-rants are usually not my style, but I am just so sick of this place, you guys cant imagine.

On the other hand, the last part I did write was exploding trap-parts, so that was fun.

cu I dont know when.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 13, 2013, 06:16:07 am »

Is slag supposed to be a material for moods?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 13, 2013, 06:27:00 am »

You can't make anything not a material for moods, so yes :P

Feyd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 13, 2013, 06:58:13 am »

Dwarf dont move food to stockpile! Only Chub and Nase!!

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 13, 2013, 10:47:05 am »

Any problem you are having with that wouldn't be MW related.

Be sure to check the settings on the stockpile, including number of barrels (I have had them not move what I want to where I want due to it being in a barrel/bin and I don't want a barrel/bin in my new stockpile)

Check burrow settings as well.  Items should be in the same burrow.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 13, 2013, 11:10:28 am »

Guys please, some of the things you post here have nothing to do with mdf, they are obviously df limitations.
Unless our dfhack friends do anymore magic, Meph cant do much to help with that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 13, 2013, 11:12:31 am »

Oh, an Adventure mod bug; it seems frogmen cannot be conversed with. I'm gonna bet it's the same for the rest of the Fortress Defense races.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 142