Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190749 times)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2013, 03:44:45 pm »

There is a cast of deep ones called nothing.

Some of them (deep ones) drop arena rewards, some just drop corpses.

Balrogs are close to 4 times as fast as an average extremely agile dwarf.

Mycoids can paralyze stun lock.

This may be unfixable, or even intentional, but I cannot help but to think that invaders should not come riding boozebelly goats.

Human rifleguards that come with cannons seem to forget about this whole "ammo" business. (I had 3 royal ones during a siege, was quite hilarious to see the reverse of what i expected from them vs my marksdwarves.)

This is unconfirmed but I have a feeling this is true: Spawning a tradefair (or maybe even other things) leads to your fort being considered hostile by traders' civ.

As a side note: are stockpiles more buggy than i remember them being? I have 600 cave wheat thats apparently unusable, glass furnace crying for rough crystal glass even though every other workshop uses it no problem. Its just so very inconsistent.

Haven't noticed anything unusual with stockpiles. Make sure you don't have any burrow mishaps, or double check your stockpiles for any give orders that might cause issues with your workshops.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »

What i think the problem is if you change the setting when something is already stored, the dwarfs just stop caring about the content and ignore the whole bin. It just sits there, useless. No burrows and no active gives.
Even if its true then it still doesnt explain why this one workshop seems to not work, but ill stop there as this probably has more to do with toady not really caring about fixes than errors in raws.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 09, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »

If you have the workshop set up to only take from one stockpile and that stockpile is not getting the items moved into it from another stockpile that you have now set to no longer store those items, I would suggest the you go to the stocks screen and dump the items that you are trying to move.  When you then, reclaim them, they should go to the new stockpile.

I commonly run into this when trying to separate out Cloth from Thread and the various leathers that are stored all mixed together in a bin.

nvm.  I see that you have no active gives on the shop.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:01:57 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

discohorse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 10, 2013, 01:29:09 am »

hi all, my apologies if this has already been mentioned; I did do a search, turning up nothing.

I am running version 2f on OSX.

The problem is essentially, whenever I press 'b' (to open the build menu) the game will crash to desktop.

this is from terminal:
Code: [Select]
src/g_src/ttf_manager.cpp:139: failed assertion `pixel_width >= ttf_width'
/Users/discohorse/Downloads/MasterworkDF-2f_mac_fixed/Dwarf Fortress/df: line 12:  4810 Abort trap              ./dwarfort.exe
logout

[Process completed]

anybody know how I could sort this out? I'd really like to play this mod. thanks

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 10, 2013, 02:40:58 am »

hi all, my apologies if this has already been mentioned; I did do a search, turning up nothing.
I am running version 2f on OSX.
The problem is essentially, whenever I press 'b' (to open the build menu) the game will crash to desktop.
this is from terminal:
Code: [Select]
src/g_src/ttf_manager.cpp:139: failed assertion `pixel_width >= ttf_width'
/Users/discohorse/Downloads/MasterworkDF-2f_mac_fixed/Dwarf Fortress/df: line 12:  4810 Abort trap              ./dwarfort.exe
logout
[Process completed]

anybody know how I could sort this out? I'd really like to play this mod. thanks

What happens if you turn off truetype (by pressing F12. maybe Fn-F12) before pressing B? Does it still crash the game?

Edit: found a (linux) bug report with the same error message:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5819
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:52:52 am by fricy »

discohorse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2013, 03:37:18 am »

thanks fricy, turning off true type and zooming out one stage seems to work as a work around. cheers for your help!

note for this to work (on OSX at least) you must both turn off true type and zoom out at least one stage.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2013, 03:57:42 am »

What i think the problem is if you change the setting when something is already stored, the dwarfs just stop caring about the content and ignore the whole bin. It just sits there, useless. No burrows and no active gives.

That's not the case; I move items (including items in mixed bins) by changing which stockpiles will accept them all the time.  However, I have noticed that "take from" orders will never remove items from bins - they move the whole bin or nothing (although ordinary stockpiling of non-stockpiled items can take items out of bins).

As a side note: are stockpiles more buggy than i remember them being? I have 600 cave wheat thats apparently unusable, glass furnace crying for rough crystal glass even though every other workshop uses it no problem. Its just so very inconsistent.

Why would a glass furnace need rough crystal glass?  Perhaps you mean rock crystals?

There is one relatively new bug with stockpiles, and that is that dwarves stockpiling an items that can go in a bin or barrel will walk off with an entire bin or barrel, rendering everything in that bin or barrel inaccessible until they're done.  Perhaps that's what happened to your cave wheat?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:54 am »

I guess i should provide an example. I had 2 stockpiles of gems. I changed so that one is raw and the other is cut.

No, there are about 600 units that have accumulated over the span of 10 years. The barrels are not even moving anywhere, as with the buggy stockpiles i just tend to separare raw/seeds/done. Its also incredibly annoying as the same happens with some of the wheat flour. I have like 80 bags of the stuff thats, again, unusable. My imports rely on wheat flour seeing as mixing even one unit of bread skyrockets the value of the meals.
I guess mass dumping will help with this as well.

But Ive noticed something weird about mass dumping the other day. I was clearing the buggy fg stockipile, and half of the bins were not emptied. With one bin the reason was obvious, it contained artifacts which cant be dumped. But the rest of the binned was filled with the usual assortment of garbage which also wasnt dumped. The weirdest part was when half of the bins were stuck with single items (totems if it matters) that also could not be dumped. I could still dump the bins wholesale, so I just graciously applied magma. Too bad crystals are magma proof though..

Sorry for mdf unrelated chatter.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:13:06 am by Z1000000m »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 10, 2013, 12:09:29 pm »

Use the stocks menu to do the dumping instead of the d-b-d rectangle.  The bins will stay where they are and the items will be dumped, where you can reclaim them.  Put a food stockpile on the same tile that only accepts from links and give it no links so that food that is dumped doesn't spoil before you remember to go back and reclaim it.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 10, 2013, 12:49:09 pm »

Another method of emptying containers, that works on things that can't be dumped (such as liquids), is to forbid the contents and then haul the container to the trade depot.  That will cause the contents to be left behind even if they should never normally be outside the container, and it saves on dwarfpower when there's a lot of stuff in the container (i.e. I did this with a barrel of 700+ seeds for my coinstar room - it just took one dwarf to haul it to the coinstar room, then another dwarf to haul it to the trade depot).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2013, 03:06:39 pm »

Does anyone else find the sell value of blueprints a bit high? They are far too easy to produce and sell traders compared to any other trade good early in the game. Is there a way to make them sell for less than it cost to buy them? Or perhaps not be able to sell them at all?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Magrov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2013, 11:27:51 pm »

Hello folks. I think I stumbled upon a Masterwork bug. I got a pair of wraiths from mining a vein, and my dead miner generated 2 corpses: I think the 1st one when the wraiths spawned, and anothen when he was actually mauled to death.

Now I've got a coffin with a body inside, and a dwarf carrying a duplicate body stuck at the top of the coffin trying to put the 2nd corpse in the already full coffin.

I guess atom-smashing one of them will correct the issue, but still, a pair of wraiths in the 1st year is already traumatic enough without having to micromanage the disposal of the poor miner's bodies.  :P

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 11, 2013, 12:39:15 am »

For some reason I cannot use the masterwork settings at all. Whenever I try to open the "settings.exe" the game crashes without anything visibly occurring. Has anyone else experienced this?

- I tried re-downloading multiple times and the same thing always happens.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 11, 2013, 01:23:02 am »

Hello folks. I think I stumbled upon a Masterwork bug. I got a pair of wraiths from mining a vein, and my dead miner generated 2 corpses: I think the 1st one when the wraiths spawned, and anothen when he was actually mauled to death.

One of them is probably a wraith's corpse, since the wraiths count as reanimated corpses of the miner.  I recently saw a metalwraith corpse in a succession game (probably, I didn't actually see the wraith), and it didn't seem to be treated as a dwarf corpse, despite having the name of one of the fortress's dwarves.  It might be different when the dwarf dies, though.

Perhaps Meph could fix this issue by having wraiths leave an itemcorpse.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:32 pm »

The tailor is making leather gloves instead of gauntlets. Standard citizens are picking them up instead of reserving them for military.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 142