Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190798 times)

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #345 on: June 23, 2013, 10:47:11 pm »

@CheeseHolePete: It uses dfhacks autosyndrome, so it should work 100% of the time. Only explanation is that the dwarves doing the job already have the training/guild, for example a legionnaire that tries to do the legionnaire training. Otherwise no idea what could be wrong.

Or a cursed/diseased dwarf?  Or is that no longer true in the latest version?

Ok, thanks Meph. Maybe I will try to have them leave a guild even though it says neither of them are in any guild...

It's very odd. If that doesn't work, I will tear down the guilds and rebuild, and if that doesn't work, well, I'll just abandon fort  :P

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2013, 10:00:50 am »

This may have already been discussed, sorry I couldn't find anything, but I have a minor issue... It may be a "bug", I don't know.

I have built a Guild and agarrison, and up until this point, they worked fine. I have a manager choosing only one worker at a time
to use the guild or garrison, and they do the training (become "tame" etc). The last few times though, every time I send a non guilded Dwarf into
either building to train to become whatever, they just bring in a gold cooin, you see the "poof" graphic and then they just walk out with no change.

This uses a coin every time and nothing happens. I am 100% sure the dwarfs I am trying to train are not in any guild, so I am not sure what to do.

Should I deconstruct the buildings and build new ones just to try to erase the issue?

Hey Pete, I've seen this.  Do the 'immune' dwarves have babies?  I think I've seen this most often when the dwarf is carrying a baby, somehow the baby takes the 'guilding' bullet instead of the mom.  If I call the dwarf back in and try again, usually nothing happens.  I've been able to guild these dwarves later, I assume after the baby had grown.

I've also seen the guilding 'hit' the wrong dwarf.  I think what happened is I had queued a long list of dwarves to be guilded, one after another, and I happened to have a new trainee queued up and grabbing his coin, when one of my dwarves had finished guild training and re-appeared at the hall.  That dwarf immediately became a trainee for the new guild, and the real trainee got nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph, is the problem basically the presence of multiple dwarves in the workshop, and the syndrome only picks one and not necessarily the one doing the 'job'? 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:07:22 am by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2013, 11:02:44 am »

I've seen similar issues when trying to get dwarves to transform.  I haven't had very good luck with the Military Garrison. The few times I've used it, I've seen at least two dwarves take the money and run.

I have had a lot more trouble trying to make more than one Lifemancer. The first one I sent in had no problem. The next one spent a season trying and got his skill up to 3 before I gave up on him. I then sent in another dwarf and he also wouldn't change, but ended up training his skill despite.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »

This may have already been discussed, sorry I couldn't find anything, but I have a minor issue... It may be a "bug", I don't know.

I have built a Guild and agarrison, and up until this point, they worked fine. I have a manager choosing only one worker at a time
to use the guild or garrison, and they do the training (become "tame" etc). The last few times though, every time I send a non guilded Dwarf into
either building to train to become whatever, they just bring in a gold cooin, you see the "poof" graphic and then they just walk out with no change.

This uses a coin every time and nothing happens. I am 100% sure the dwarfs I am trying to train are not in any guild, so I am not sure what to do.

Should I deconstruct the buildings and build new ones just to try to erase the issue?

Hey Pete, I've seen this.  Do the 'immune' dwarves have babies?  I think I've seen this most often when the dwarf is carrying a baby, somehow the baby takes the 'guilding' bullet instead of the mom.  If I call the dwarf back in and try again, usually nothing happens.  I've been able to guild these dwarves later, I assume after the baby had grown.

I've also seen the guilding 'hit' the wrong dwarf.  I think what happened is I had queued a long list of dwarves to be guilded, one after another, and I happened to have a new trainee queued up and grabbing his coin, when one of my dwarves had finished guild training and re-appeared at the hall.  That dwarf immediately became a trainee for the new guild, and the real trainee got nothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph, is the problem basically the presence of multiple dwarves in the workshop, and the syndrome only picks one and not necessarily the one doing the 'job'?

I thought this was fixed in 3b.  Are you on an earlier version?

Here's the relevant fix:

- Replaced 800 occurences of SYN_CLASS:/ with SYN_CLASS:\, which should result in all autosyndrome tags triggering correctly.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2013, 05:34:10 pm »

I forgot about that fix.  I'm using 3b for this fort, and I am definitely still seeing some failures.  I'll watch for it a bit more carefully and see if I can get a savegame with it.  I know I already have one Carpenter Guild child from it (hey, no pressure kid, you can be whatever ya want when you grow up, just as long as it involves wood!).  I'll doublecheck my raws as well.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 24, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »

Checked, raws in data/save have the fix.

As an experiment, I placed a meeting hall on top of the guild hall.  It happens pretty consistently when you have dwarves packed into the space.  In 5/6 tries, the wrong dwarf got guilded.

In three experiments with mothers+babe (no meeting hall this time; its empty), I replicated three scenarios in three tries - one mother did the reaction and nothing happened at all, another mother's baby got guilded but not her, and the third had both baby and mother transformed.

Edit:  Also tried Warbeast Kennels to heal a raptor that had a run-in with a warlock, every limb was yellow and rotting.  Heal pet failed in two attempts to heal it (no other pets in the kennel).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:21:59 pm by Werdna »

Tyrael15

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »

Apologies if this has come up already/I'm being a stupid newb, but I don't seem to have any of the "boiling leather" reactions appearing anywhere. I checked the tanner as well as the manage work orders list, but there's only the three usual tan a hide, tan a sheared hide and make 3 vellum reactions. There is a separate section heading under the tanner reactions list, however, so it looks like this:

===SKILL LEATHERWORK===
====SKILL LEATHERWORKER====
Tan any hide
Make vellum (3) from leather
Tan any sheared hide

I assume the upgrade leather reactions are supposed to be under that first section heading.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 25, 2013, 12:37:25 am »

possible bug with the tallow to oil reaction... in my last world i noticed that when i begin refining tallow to oil my stock pile fills up with barrels rather quickly, i checked the counts and i had a single piece of fatty oil per barrel, i was wondering is this intended or is it acting the same as single stacks of tallow

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 25, 2013, 12:44:47 am »

I forgot about that fix.  I'm using 3b for this fort, and I am definitely still seeing some failures.  I'll watch for it a bit more carefully and see if I can get a savegame with it.  I know I already have one Carpenter Guild child from it (hey, no pressure kid, you can be whatever ya want when you grow up, just as long as it involves wood!).  I'll doublecheck my raws as well.

Thanks for the input on this.

I actually just ended up starting a new fort with 3C...  I'm hoping it's fixed now, and it seems to be. I know my dwarves were not in any guilds and actually two of them I tried didn't have children either.
I HAD seen the dwarven babies get guilded, lol. (love your remark on that one hehe)

Also I had also seen dwarves "jump ahead" and take the training I intended for another dwarf, but I rectified that by only permitting one dwarf at a time at my guild...

It's all a bit of a pain, but you know, I've learned by this point that DF isn't perfect. I just accept it and keep moving forward.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 25, 2013, 04:05:22 am »

I didnt see that fixed in 3c, as Im using b now.

In stockpile menu, lamellar leather is mentioned twice, but unlike other options that are repeated for whatever reason (tough leather has 3 duplicates) they are like 4 pages apart from each other.

It was quite a wth moment when i finally found out why my armor grade leather stockpile was empty.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 25, 2013, 04:38:21 am »

Metalsmiths seems to ALWAYS choose slag to create artifacts. It's infuriating.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 25, 2013, 04:54:30 am »

Put forges away from the smelters, or closer to bar stockpile of your choosing.
You can also forbid every slag bar when you get a moody metalworker.

EDIT:

Unmemoriable ghosts are fun.
So, apparently your ghosts are still targetable by the guild reactions...
While the rules of transformations still applying.

I now have a corporeal ghost guard that follows my military commander around.
There is some story potential there.
Can't wait to see if he will spawn a ghost as well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:31:49 am by Z1000000m »

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:06 am »

Created a new cursed uborg world (i think thats what it is called) and when i tried to create an arcane dwarf in adventurer mode it crashed. Any reason why?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2013, 01:20:25 pm »

Not sure if this is really a bug, but it seems that the "Sky Dragons" prefer to wrestle rather than attack in any other way. Lots of grabbing toes and then releasing them (on Goblins), but very little besides grapples and the occasional neck break.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 25, 2013, 06:20:46 pm »

Not sure if this is really a bug, but it seems that the "Sky Dragons" prefer to wrestle rather than attack in any other way. Lots of grabbing toes and then releasing them (on Goblins), but very little besides grapples and the occasional neck break.

Thats just vanilla AI not being able to tell that even if some limbs have graps, they shouldnt really use that. See swallows using wings to grab things.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 142