Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190800 times)

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #315 on: June 22, 2013, 04:31:53 pm »

Gen a new world or play as a different dwarf civ.

I am and did, there aren't anvils either, will try again and edit this post

Nope, still none
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:30:31 pm by nug »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:35 pm »

Gen a new world or play as a different dpositives

I am and did, there aren't anvils either, will try again and edit this post

Nope, still none
I've genned 4 worlds now and I'm having the same results... The 3c version is horribly buggy, and mephs magic beta won't even allow the game to start due to a misnamed graphic file. the only 2 positives i have about it is the new dfhack startdwarf script and the new tileset. The rest seems horribly broken

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:58 pm »

Excuse me, but when ever I try to generate a world in the latest version of dwarf fortress, it'll generate a bit and then it'll say an unknown error has occurred and make me close the program. if someone could please help me out, that would be very nice. :<

mercRaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 22, 2013, 06:28:16 pm »

I like the new graphics, can't play the game because my dwarves don't like to eat food anymore and starve to death.

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 22, 2013, 07:45:32 pm »

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:12:59 pm by nug »

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 23, 2013, 01:02:00 am »

This may have already been discussed, sorry I couldn't find anything, but I have a minor issue... It may be a "bug", I don't know.

I have built a Guild and agarrison, and up until this point, they worked fine. I have a manager choosing only one worker at a time
to use the guild or garrison, and they do the training (become "tame" etc). The last few times though, every time I send a non guilded Dwarf into
either building to train to become whatever, they just bring in a gold cooin, you see the "poof" graphic and then they just walk out with no change.

This uses a coin every time and nothing happens. I am 100% sure the dwarfs I am trying to train are not in any guild, so I am not sure what to do.

Should I deconstruct the buildings and build new ones just to try to erase the issue?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #321 on: June 23, 2013, 02:00:17 am »

Wow, what? No anvils, crashes, weird embark lists? All dwarves starve?

I will make some tests, but seriously, I had none of that. If I see any of this while testing, I'll fix it instantly.

Can I get more infos? Who is playing what race with which tileset on which version, magic system yes or no. That would help.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:08 am »

Meph, I don't want to seem like a jerk, but can you answer my orc thread question?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #323 on: June 23, 2013, 02:54:27 am »

Gamerlord, I already did answer it, in the orc thread, which is... well, the thread to ask about orc stuff. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2013, 02:58:23 am »

Well... it didn't get fixed.
EDIT: NONE of the tilesets have the furnaces.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2013, 03:15:23 am »

Thanks for pointing that out in the dwarf thread, just after I mentioned the orc thread.  ::)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2013, 03:47:02 am »

@godlysockpuppet, nug and mercRaven: Ok, here we go. Tested with V.3c. Phoebus Tileset. Matrix/Masterwork Tileset. Dwarf Mode.

Plump Helmets at embark. Anvils at embark. Seeds have normal prices. Dwarves eat and drink. No worldgen crashes.

I also know that Kobold Mode works the same, since I played a year yesterday. Orc Mode has a problem with missing buildings, IF the tilesets have been changed. Could you three guys please give me more info about what you did, which tileset was used, which version? Because I have none of the things that you metioned, I dont know where a "horribly buggy" could come from, besides the clearly labeled beta-magic system.

@CheeseHolePete: It uses dfhacks autosyndrome, so it should work 100% of the time. Only explanation is that the dwarves doing the job already have the training/guild, for example a legionnaire that tries to do the legionnaire training. Otherwise no idea what could be wrong.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 23, 2013, 04:18:41 am »

@CheeseHolePete: It uses dfhacks autosyndrome, so it should work 100% of the time. Only explanation is that the dwarves doing the job already have the training/guild, for example a legionnaire that tries to do the legionnaire training. Otherwise no idea what could be wrong.

Or a cursed/diseased dwarf?  Or is that no longer true in the latest version?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

mercRaven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 23, 2013, 05:44:11 am »

I'm going to reinstall right now and see if it works.
all dwarves no longer like food and rather hunt vermin.
i'm using the latest v3c with new magic system and the matrix tileset.
my last embark list didn't have any plump helmets either.

EDIT:Fresh install still has my dwarves starving after a season even if i butcher all my animals and cook them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:31:48 am by mercRaven »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 23, 2013, 06:38:33 am »

Wow, what? No anvils, crashes, weird embark lists? All dwarves starve?

I will make some tests, but seriously, I had none of that. If I see any of this while testing, I'll fix it instantly.

Can I get more infos? Who is playing what race with which tileset on which version, magic system yes or no. That would help.
magic system ON here. Also you've misnamed the familars.txt (under graphics). Had to rename it just so I could start the game :P Dwarves on, new tileset on, and genned under that desert-volcano world.
Here's my errolog, it includes alot of broken interactions!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 142