Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190843 times)

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2013, 11:14:01 am »

The "Box of ..." items could use some price tuning to keep them in line with their contents.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but offhand IIRC Boxs of Steel Bars and Mithril Bars work out to something like 2x the price of 10 individual bars; while Boxes of Wool Clothing are incredibly cheap (110 dwarfbux?) and could conceivably be opened and the contents sold back for a profit.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2013, 11:24:45 am »

The "Box of ..." items could use some price tuning to keep them in line with their contents.  I don't have the numbers in front of me but offhand IIRC Boxs of Steel Bars and Mithril Bars work out to something like 2x the price of 10 individual bars; while Boxes of Wool Clothing are incredibly cheap (110 dwarfbux?) and could conceivably be opened and the contents sold back for a profit.
They're alot lighter though, so a caravan can carry lots of them.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2013, 03:57:50 pm »

They're alot lighter though, so a caravan can carry lots of them.

So amend my statement to say they need both price and weight tuning then.  :)  Am I really that far out there in expecting a box of ten bars to roughly weigh as much as ten bars and roughly cost as much as ten bars? 

If its for balance reasons, I'd rather see a caravan carry fewer boxes at a normal price and weight, than carry more 'Boxes of Holding' at an inflated price.  Primarily because "dwarf bux" is a ridiculously easy resource to abuse and acquire.  If one really wants to buy out a caravan, no amount of balancing is going to prevent us from doing so.  We all know the little tricks whether we choose to pursue them or not.  I'd rather see the caravan resources limited.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2013, 04:29:34 am »

The thing is: Caravans bring X bars if you order them. I think the max is 4. I already raise the capacity of this to 44, by allowing x bars and x crates. This allows you to import more steel. This means your demand of steel is higher, which means that the price for the material should be higher. If you want cheap steel, order 4 bars. If you want a lot of steel, the traders know you are desperate for it, and they sell it overpriced.

Clothing comes, when ordered, in bins, so you can order 4x10 cloth anyway, so these clothing sets are cheaper. They are also way less usefull then 40 steel bars.

If you want to exactly match the prices of traded crates and the goods that they contain (which is impossible in some cases, because the outcome is a bit randomised on some, like engineer supplies) then go ahead. Creature_Masterwork.txt is the file you want, search for the long list of creatures with CRATE in their names. If you present me a list, I will add it. But I personally think my reasoning is quite ok for the different prices. I could make a poll (or even you could make a new thread and a poll) about it, to see what the majority of people thinks. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:53 am »

Interesting, thanks for the explanation.  I didn't know about those '4' limits, where does that value come from?  Fair enough re: bars, I can see what you are aiming for there.  I just feel that 44 bars per caravan (+anvils) is a bit of overkill, at least for steel and mithril, since you can achieve this by 2nd Autumn (and then even more after that via the other caravans) which is far faster accumulation than possible in vanilla DF.  I'd suggest 24 bars max and at normal prices just for consistency, but that's just MHO. 

Definitely not looking for an exact match on prices, just something in the ballpark.  The Wool clothing box was the one that stood out the most, at only ~110 or so for a crate.  You can't buy a bin of wool for that little, much less clothing.  I'm not suggesting this is abusable, even if I opened 4 crates and sold it all back for a profit, we're only talking a pittance.  The real reason I mention Wool clothing is that I admit I am lazy - I feel like I cheat by nearly completely ignoring my fort's clothing industry.  I just order the cheap crates of clothes and feel a little guilty doing it... I feel like I should be at least punished in some way for importing clothes, and the low price makes me wonder if there's squalid goblin sweatshops out there pumping out cheap clothing for lazy overseers like me.  :)   I'll take a look at the raws and make some suggestions.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2013, 11:43:02 am »

Bug? At my magma smelter, I've got casserite, tetrahedrite and coke(even though it's a magma smelter, got coke just to be sure) and I can't use the smelt 2 bronze bars reaction??

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:12 pm »

After searching the forums a bit I haven't found anything answering my question, so I figured I'd ask here.

Is Masterwork DF also effected by the growth bug? I'd assume there'd be a fix already in DFHack that's packaged with it, but I'm completely inexperienced with that and dunno how to check.

Such a big would really effect balance for Kobold Camp, where one of the strengths of kobolds is breeding replacements quickly. The growth bug would make these breed-ins inferior to migrants, since the migrants would be fully grown and at their usual size (1/3 of a dwarf) as opposed to the breedins who would remain the size of the child. Of course, all other playable races would be effected as well.

If there isn't a fix in DFHack already, could I get some info on how to fix it?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2013, 12:13:28 pm »

After searching the forums a bit I haven't found anything answering my question, so I figured I'd ask here.

Is Masterwork DF also effected by the growth bug? I'd assume there'd be a fix already in DFHack that's packaged with it, but I'm completely inexperienced with that and dunno how to check.

Such a big would really effect balance for Kobold Camp, where one of the strengths of kobolds is breeding replacements quickly. The growth bug would make these breed-ins inferior to migrants, since the migrants would be fully grown and at their usual size (1/3 of a dwarf) as opposed to the breedins who would remain the size of the child. Of course, all other playable races would be effected as well.

If there isn't a fix in DFHack already, could I get some info on how to fix it?

In the V.3b changlog...
- Added growthbug fix, to fix the vanilla bodysize bug. Done by Kurik Amudnil.

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2013, 11:59:51 pm »

theres a possible bug in the sawmill, the option for turning regular wooden logs into scrapwood is not available

nevermind i was reading the forum wrong, i thought it said sawmill but it was the lumber yard, problem fixed
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:00:47 am by kreepergrimms »

mkmr

• Bay Watcher
  • [INCOMPETENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2013, 09:21:04 am »

A little typo w/ the magic system. Familiars.png should be familiar.png

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »

I have a dwarf who likes to consume "Dwarf Frozen by terror". How horrifying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »

That would be a natural result of some things.

nug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2013, 03:50:19 pm »

For some reason I cannot find plump helmets on he embark screen

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

Gen a new world or play as a different dwarf civ.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »

For some reason I cannot find plump helmets on he embark screen
Same problem but didn't think anything of it. Very surprised to find a drink named "pigtail nothing" and the prices of underground seeds are ridiculous. 15 embark points for one sweetpod spawn??
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 142