Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190916 times)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2013, 06:32:49 am »

Wow, the solution to my problem was as simple as typing "fix/growthbug" rather than just "growthbug"...

Thank you very much for your assistance, sir! :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:35:16 am by misiekm »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »

I've got a dwarf who I converted to  a Lifemancer and he is level 10 in his Sorcerer skill, but he is still classified as a Peasant. All other skills are 1. I don't know why his profession hasn't changed since it is listed in the creature_standard.txt file for non-caste dwarfs.

It looks like most/all of the magical castes don't have any [CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:::] tags. I'm not sure how the precedence works on Profession names.  Does the [PROFESSION_NAME:::] tag take precedence if there is not a defined [CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:::] tag?

YESCASTE[CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME:STANDARD:Lifemancer:Lifemancers]

I wouldn't put the *'s in, since the caste name implies that they are special.

I've got another dwarf who has been trying to become another Lifemancer, but the reaction isn't working for him.  He is level 3 in Sorcerer but also shows as a peasant.  All other skills are level 1.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:05:13 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2013, 10:40:47 pm »

PROFESSION_NAME always takes precedence even if there exists a CASTE_PROFESSION_NAME, so long as the PROFESSION_NAME comes after.

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2013, 06:41:08 pm »

not really a bug, but with the drowspiders you have the cat-sized regular drowspiders as wagonpullers and trade-hauling beasts of burden instead of the larger giant version. noticed that while changing their names to 'umbragen spiders' since 'drowspider' just seems so...bleh

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2013, 03:36:24 am »

The exploding cannonballs don't work as expected, and generate an error in the DFHack window...
Also, Iridium still seems to exist in a couple of smelting reactions:
CASSITERITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
GALENA: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
HEMATITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
MALACHITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
TETRAHEDRITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
NATIVE_ALUMINUM: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
NATIVE_COPPER: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
NATIVE_GOLD: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
NATIVE_PLATINUM: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
NATIVE_SILVER: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
SPHALERITE: Smelt Ore Not Found, Token - IRIDIUM
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:38:26 am by RickRollYou2 »

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2013, 12:32:49 pm »

The exploding cannonballs don't work as expected, and generate an error in the DFHack window...

What's the error?  Also, do you have the latest version of itemsyndrome, or the latest version of Masterwork (which includes the latest version of itemsyndrome)?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2013, 03:42:06 pm »

It's more likely an issue with projectileExpansion.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2013, 09:21:40 pm »

in 3b (windows 7, phoebus) starting a new game there were several items listed as being made out of "unknown frozen plant substance". I have buckets, splints, crutches and a wheelbarrow listed as being made out of it.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

AirPhforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2013, 09:27:51 pm »

Some livestock is listed as having "incredible muscles tattoed with pictures of skulls."

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »

Also with grazing off boozebelly goats, horses, and wooly mountain goats still require grazing. Just confirmed in 3b (windows 7, phoebus) and saw it in previous versions also.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

mkmr

• Bay Watcher
  • [INCOMPETENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2013, 01:20:29 am »

Manuals button in the launcher has not yet been fixed for the new Manual file names.

Renaming the manuals kinda fixes it.

"Manual", "Orc Fortress Manual" and "Kobold Camp Manual" for dwarf, orc and kobold manuals respectively.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2013, 01:49:40 am »

Yeah, the error mentions projectileExpansion iirc, is there an errorlog for DFHack I can reference to type it out, or do I have to copy the entire error message out?

And yes, it is the latest version of Masterwork, I believe v3b is the only version in which such ammunition is actually available for play.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2013, 04:36:18 am »

first caravan in this 3b fort and I noticed some item stacks without names in the plants. Going through the order page with the liason has 5 spots without names in the plant section.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2013, 05:55:55 am »

first caravan in this 3b fort and I noticed some item stacks without names in the plants. Going through the order page with the liason has 5 spots without names in the plant section.
Found this too on embark. Plants without names, just a black empty place with a price tag

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2013, 06:00:49 am »

Interesting. Maybe the tea/juices from kobold camp, they should be fake plants, but maybe they do appear in the worldgen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 142