Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190900 times)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #210 on: June 01, 2013, 01:22:21 am »

I have a military dwarf with a nostun rune (Wolfram) who's getting stunned.  I examined the unit and syndrome with DFHack, and it looks like the creature classes don't match up:

Quote from: Dwarf creature classes
GENERAL_POISON
DWARF_INTER
PLAGUE_SUSCEPTIBLE

Quote from: Sundrome affected classes
DWARF (repeated 29 times)
ALL_CREATURES

My guess is the 29 lines of SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS can be replaced with [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:DWARF_INTER].

After fixing that, there appears to be a bug in itemsyndrome that's still keeping it from working.  I'll post about it in Putnam's thread.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: June 01, 2013, 08:19:07 am »

It is known. ;) I think classes dont work, I have to declare all creature castes one by one, which I did in my current version. But if you have improvements on the script, I will gladly add those.

BillyJack: Thanks they will be fixed. Although I think a Entomologist would be a bit over the top ;) Most people wouldnt even know what the hell that is :P

fasquardon: Your fixes dont work. They also accept the globs and make 3-4x times as many leather then. You'd get 18 leather from one horse for example. And there are only shorn leather and rigid scale, thats it. I already have fixed reactions for it here, so no worries. ;) I think I forgot to add it to the changelog?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Cavgunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 01, 2013, 09:17:12 am »

Hello,

I have a possessed dwarf that just claimed one of my forges.  However, in reloading my save a few times it is clear that he wants to use Slag, and slag only, as the base material for the artifact.  The only ingredients he is asking for are "Bars... metal" and "Tree... life," of which I have a great variety of both.  Despite this, he is completely avoiding an entire stack of Mithril bars that is much closer to the workshop.  He also isn't using any other type of bar when I forbid Slag just before he claims the workshiop.  And in addition to all this, Slag is not one of his favorite items.

What is going on here?  Why won't he pick up an alternate bar once I forbid Slag?  I assume that Slag wouldn't make a great artifact and would much rather have a Mithril or Steel artifact.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:30 am »

I'm pretty sure that once a dwarf moods, his artifact ingredients are set in stone and it is too late to try to manipulate it.  You need to have the slag forbidden ahead of time, before he moods.

On the plus side, a slag artifact is nearly worthless, and is ideal when you are still trying to avoid invasion triggers due to wealth.  A mithril artifact on the other hand...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:25:52 am by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 01, 2013, 11:35:55 am »

You can definitely get different mats set after they mood, they will go for whatever is closest to the workshop they have claimed for the most part.

Do you have the dwarf set to a burrow that doesn't have the other materials as part of it? Also might want to check to see if there are any stockpiles set to give to that workshop, although I don't know if that would cause problems during a mood.

If you put showmood into DFHack it will tell you the materials and quantities that the mood needs, as well as whatever they have/haven't gotten already. It's useful for when you can't figure out why the mood isn't continuing.

Cavgunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 01, 2013, 12:59:46 pm »

Thanks for the tip about DFhack.  I used showmood and it said that he needed 2 slag bars and 1 log of any type.  This is before he actually claimed the workshop.  So, it appears that no matter what I do he wants to use slag.  Oh well.

Any idea how good a piece of slag artifact armor is going to be?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »

No clue, I usually turn the Slag pit off, so no slag. You could always try to find a way to drop it on someone and see what happens though...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2013, 02:08:59 pm »

search [INORGANIC:SLAG]

It's bad.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2013, 02:39:34 pm »

It is known. ;) I think classes dont work, I have to declare all creature castes one by one, which I did in my current version. But if you have improvements on the script, I will gladly add those.

itemsyndrome requires that the creature have both a matching creature class and a matching caste.  [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:ALL] covers the second requirement, but for the first requirement, you need [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:DWARF_INTER], because dwarves don't have the ALL_CREATURES creature class.  (That seems strange, actually.  Shouldn't dwarves have the ALL_CREATURES creature class?)

Anyway, I changed [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:DWARF:ALL] to [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:DWARF_INTER] and updated the itemsyndrome script as I mentioned in Putnam's thread, and now my dwarves' stun immunity works properly.  It worked wonders against the antman siege.  :D

You can definitely get different mats set after they mood, they will go for whatever is closest to the workshop they have claimed for the most part.

Not always - sometimes they have a specific material in mind when the mood starts.  I've had several dwarves needing orichalcum bars specifically for their artifacts (checked with showmood).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2013, 06:40:32 pm »

Your right, now that I think about it I have had quite a few looking for Orichalcum too. Luckily I always had enough laying around. But there is still a decent amount of control as long as you can wrangle the bugger and get him the mats you want before he loses it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #220 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:55 am »

Drayath: Your proposed "mutate pet into changeling/sprite" doesnt work, because it does not use truetransform. The changeling would already be a transformed creature, and cant be targeted for the second transformation in the colosseum.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 02, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »

I was playing around with broodmothers/broodlords and noticed that "slaves" they spawn dont show up in Therapist. Is there a way to add them to Therapist? i can still manage their labors manualy.
Ah, and one more thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was that always like that? i remember welded mithril using steel+mithril bars and not titanium.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »

I was playing around with broodmothers/broodlords and noticed that "slaves" they spawn dont show up in Therapist. Is there a way to add them to Therapist? i can still manage their labors manualy.
Ah, and one more thing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was that always like that? i remember welded mithril using steel+mithril bars and not titanium.
im not sure,but look under pets in Therapist.

meph recently made welded mithril harder to produce.i think in the last update.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Mecha_Sushi_X

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2013, 01:21:37 pm »

When playing on the Mac with the V2.f, Phoebus tiles, whenever I hit "B" the game crashes. Saw the same error on your main post but no fixes. Really wish I could play Masterwork DF, it looks so much fun. Cant wait for it to get fixed. Thank you so much for making this mod.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2013, 08:59:46 pm »

It might be TTF? Press F12 once, or start the game with truetype off. That should fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 142