Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190806 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:40 am »

changed several reaction to only effect one unit rather than all in location (e.g. warbeast armoring)
What did you add ?

Hauler caste I had previously, but they were too good in combat, because of their speed. I decided to scrap it, guild-less peons/peasants can now be used as haulers, no need for a special guild.
#copy blueprint missing (reations missing from entity file)
On purpose, its removed, not missing.

CONSIDER: changing castes completely resets attributes (e.g. i got 2500 of 2500 strength to 200 of 4000 when becoming a legionair)
Impossible. Legionnaires have [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:1250:1500:1750:2000:2300:3000:4000] , with 1250 strength as a minimum.

# Add dfhack scripts
# dumpusedammo.rb
# showunitsyndromes.rb
# medic.rb
# marriage.rb (complete testing)
Could you post a link to these? I saw mentions of the showunitsyndrome, but never saw a download for the script, and I have never heard about the others.

# Is it intended that only a couple of metals are strandable
Yes that is intended, because they should be for flavor, silver and gold is only for role-play purpose, adamtantine is vanilla (but not many people use it for clothing), and mithril is the one good metal for protective use. Steel clothing would be too heavy for example, and mithril clothing is canon.

Btw: You could make the breedable pets like this:
Female, mobile, pop_ratio:1 and male, immobile, pop_ratio:10000. Name the first one "Clockwork Toolmaker" and the second one "Toolkit". Clockwork Toolmakers, which can move and be bought can run around and create/give birth to toolkits, which cant move. Description could say: "The clockwork toolmaker needs at least one toolkit available to make a copy, otherwise he has no clue how to make toolkits", to explain why the player needs both castes (male/female).

The toolkits could stay cheap, the Toolmakers would be expensive, and the reactions would only target the toolkits.

Same could be done with sprites and changelings. ;) Sprites create immobile "soul crystals" or whatever to animate objects, and Changelings can lay immobile "eggs" that hatch/transform into the monsters in the colosseum. :)

This way players can freely choose between moving, breeding and a bit of FPS hurt, and immobile, cheap, but non-breeding, but without any FPS-effect.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:55:31 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2013, 10:54:51 am »

From my changelog. Is there anything that has been reported that I missed?

Bugfixes and Balancing
 - Females can now join the Jewelers Guild. (was wrongly added to crafters guild)
 - Battlecries now trigger on range 2, instead of 5. This means less hidden thieves/ambushes are prematurely noticed.
 - Tanner Workshop now shows ingame that it uses Leatherworking skill for reactions.
 - Changelongs, Sprites and Toolkits now cost 5 at embark, 10 from caravans (was 1 before, leftover from testing)
 - Fixed gem cage reaction, was missing a building ID.
 - Added flavor reaction to decorational buildings, have no function.
 - Fixed "Mill plants" reaction using wrong skill. Now correctly uses milling/pressing.
 - Renamed made-up Toxicist to the correct Toxicologist.
 - Removed SPECIAL tag from mithril, elves are now fully geared in mithril again. (this also means its tradeable again)
 - Added blackpowder reagent to cannon-ball making.
 - Fixed steampunk items/gnomish artificer items not applying their syndrome correctly to all castes.
 - Replaced 800 occurences of SYN_CLASS:/ with SYN_CLASS:\, which should result in all autosyndrome tags triggering correctly.
 - Fixed Rock Decoy reaction, had two reagents with ID:A
 - Fixed "glass cofferes", is no "glass boxes" again.
 - Fixed needed books and libraries for runesmithing, writing, praying, diplomancy and archeology.
 - Fixed Dagger upgrade 2, is now correctly called "legendary", not "superior"
 - Added missing "Study Wax/Poison Working" to the libary.
 - Removed all essay reaction from the libary. Now you only make books and notebooks.
 - Fixed typo in "lignite to coke" reaction. Said it produces (4) bars, but actually makes (5).
 - Fixed "english dwarves" button in UI. Was kinda backwards.
 - Fixed Bifrost, now available in all forges for weapons, armor and furniture/items.
 - Fixed "tan skin to tough leather" reaction, now pekyt skin is correctly tanned into "tough leather".
 - Fixed rock grinding product IDs. Minor stuff.
 - Added Colors_Masterwork.xml for Stonesense, done by Asva.
 - Added [NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6][NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6][NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:6] to all colossi.
 - Fixed musket two-handedness. Dwarves could wield them with one hand, now only with multigrasp.
 - Bayonetted muskets and pistols now use the metal of the bayonet (since it is important for melee combat calculations)
 - Dwarves can no longer butcher and eat sapient beings. Done for balancing reasons, one invasion = lots of food
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2013, 11:07:45 am »

- Removed SPECIAL tag from mithril, elves are now fully geared in mithril again. (this also means its tradeable again)

I haven't a chance to check yet because my DF computer has been broken :( but I think that frost giants used to equip only Wolfram, which has become special too... What are they equipping now?  or perhaps I am remembering wrongly.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

From my changelog. Is there anything that has been reported that I missed?

entity_default.txt

##################################################################
##################    CRUCIBLE          ##########################
##################################################################

[PERMITTED_REACTION:OBSIDIAN_BOULDER2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:SLADE_BOULDER2]
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:CHROMITE_CHROMIUM]-
-[PERMITTED_REACTION:COBALTITE_COBALT]-

hyphens should be removed.

And I remember something about reducing the capacity of magmatankers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2013, 11:17:17 am »

the reactions work. No need to removed the -- outside of them.

Magmatanker capacity removal can be done. Its just a bit of math, havent done it yet. 3 times less should be fine.

Thanks smake, I completely forgot about that. What happened to your PC? :( Is your epic-Orc-Tutorial Fort still there?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:19:07 am by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2013, 11:25:19 am »

Magmatanker capacity removal can be done. Its just a bit of math, havent done it yet. 3 times less should be fine.

Thanks smake, I completely forgot about that. What happened to your PC? :( Is your epic-Orc-Tutorial Fort still there?

Yes it's fine, just the power supply, I was slow to fix it because i was busy with other things, but just replaced it now and all is good :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »

I have not tested it, but there was a report that the reaction is missing from the crucible.

Testing it now...yeah, it works. sorry to bother you.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2013, 12:32:12 pm »

Not really a bug, but maybe you could add a material type to the special tools Warlocks drop to make them easier to stockpile near the temple. Something like what you did with the library supplies. I don't believe they have a material type atm.

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2013, 08:46:16 pm »

I just had a fort end due my military and tame animals turning on me.  I was using v3.0 and the default tileset on windows 7.

The background, I only ever received three tiny waves of immigrants (total of 5 and 1 child) in over 5 years.  That meant that I could really only spare one dwarf for my militia, and geared him up incredibly well: volcanic armor  and a superior battle pick with almost every rune inscribed on the breastplate and weapon.  When a goblin ambush sneaked through my defenses, I sent him and a similarly geared recruit out to stop them, along with about a dozen war beasts.  That is when the veteran killed the recruit along with several warbeasts and then ran around killing other dwarves and ignoring all of the mastiffs attacking him until he bled to death. 

The first combat message about a friendly-on-friendly attack was when the recruit attacked a war drake without provocation.  This sounds like a loyalty cascade, except there were no merchants involved; only my units and goblins.  Could the runes somehow have caused them to go berserk and trigger it? 

Another bug I noticed was that the nosleep rune doesn't actually stop dwarves from sleeping.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 08:56:20 pm by Impedocles »

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »

Dwarves can no longer butcher and eat sapient beings. Done for balancing reasons, one invasion = lots of food

I see the reason for this and Im glad for it but the leather from these beings has been an invaluable trade good. The positive side of it though is that now Ill have to trade for at least part of my leather working. Trade has been one of the things that to me has only been slightly necessary but this should give me something to trade for besides the blueprints. 

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »

The reaction at the altar of Armok produces stacks of about 50 to 150 items with the 'offer meat to Armok' option. The stacks can't be dumped, moved or stored. I figure the stacks are way to big for the container so it never gets used or stored. The 'offer totem to Armok' seems to work fine, I haven't tested the other reactions.

Leather padded shirts, gloves, hoods and trousers are being stockpiled as armor and non-military dwarves wont wear them. Non-military dwarves will wear padded boots, however. On a related note, the 'make a set of armor' option at the Tailor produces trousers instead of greaves; is this intended?

What is "Essence Residue Essence"? I found about 1000 of them (not a stack of 1000 either) in just one essence container in the finished goods stockpile. Possibly a bug?

Impedocles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2013, 01:11:00 am »

What is "Essence Residue Essence"? I found about 1000 of them (not a stack of 1000 either) in just one essence container in the finished goods stockpile. Possibly a bug?

My inference is that those are the things that the reaction makes that give the imbuer experience.  30 experience per item times 5000 essence residues gives them the 15k xp.

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2013, 08:52:51 am »

Btw: You could make the breedable pets like this:
Female, mobile, pop_ratio:1 and male, immobile, pop_ratio:10000. Name the first one "Clockwork Toolmaker" and the second one "Toolkit". Clockwork Toolmakers, which can move and be bought can run around and create/give birth to toolkits, which cant move. Description could say: "The clockwork toolmaker needs at least one toolkit available to make a copy, otherwise he has no clue how to make toolkits", to explain why the player needs both castes (male/female).

The toolkits could stay cheap, the Toolmakers would be expensive, and the reactions would only target the toolkits.

Same could be done with sprites and changelings. ;) Sprites create immobile "soul crystals" or whatever to animate objects, and Changelings can lay immobile "eggs" that hatch/transform into the monsters in the colosseum. :)

This way players can freely choose between moving, breeding and a bit of FPS hurt, and immobile, cheap, but non-breeding, but without any FPS-effect.

This sounds very cool.

And another thing for the changelog:

I started an Orc fort with 3a and orc fort 1.321, Phoebus tileset.  Leatherwing bat sheared leather, sheared drakescale and fish chitin and shell wasn't useable by anything.  Reading the raws, I think it is a problem in the base Masterwork mod.  From the looks of it, all the reactions target globs, and the fish and shearing products aren't globs.

To fix the problem, I just added some new reactions to the tanner:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which worked great, at the cost of making the tanner menu a bit longer.

fasquardon

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:39 am »

There is a reaction in the Researcher's Study called "Clear experiment leftovers" that is supposed to be automatic and clear it out, but I haven't seen it work automatically. (only experience with it on v2g, haven't used on 3 yet).
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 01, 2013, 12:42:22 am »

Mostly Fix Report (w/one actual bug):  Version 3.0a

I realize that some of this is very nitpicky, but what the hell.

• creature_standard.txt
    • CARPENTER description: "... but the factor that the elves ..." should be "... but the fact that the elves ..."
    • BEAST_WARDEN description: "hivestock" is not a word. Perhaps "colonies" would be a better fit. Also, "... real guild be dwarven ..." should be "... real guild by dwarven ..."
    • CRAFTDWARF description: liberal usage of "craftsman". Should be "craftsdwarf".
    • FISHERMAN description: for emersion, probably should be "fisherdwarf" instead of "fisherman".
    • PRIEST description: "The Apostles as they are called run ..." should have commas after Apostles and called.
    • SORCERER description: Female description, last sentence "He can learn ..." should be "She can learn ..."
    • MARKSMAN description: Same stuff as before regarding "man" vs. "dwarf", down in the profession properties you use the "dwarf" form.
    • CARPENTER skill bonuses: All of the skills are listed twice. Not a factor in game, but just being nitpicky.
    • BEAST_WARDEN profession name for BEEKEEPER: instead of "Hivekeeper", would Entomologist be more appropriate? Would apply to standard PROFESSION_NAME as well.
    • SMITH profession doesn't receive a bonus to SOAP_MAKER for Runesmith. **BUG**
    • FISTERMAN FISHERMAN profession, caste name for FISHERMAN skill - "Fisherdwarf"
    • LEGIONNAIRE profession - "Hammerdwarf", "Speardwarf", etc. Non-guild members do use Hammerdwarf, Speardwarf, etc.

• reaction_masterwork.txt
    • GUILDHALL reactions: Fishermen --> Fisherdwarves; Marksman --> Marksdwarf; "Join the apostles of armok" --> "Join the Apostles of Armok"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:21:48 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 142