Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190904 times)

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »

its not burrows, havent set up any yet
and in a quick test jellsprouts fix did work for me, so...

(not sure if relevant: the slag was also used for the 'make metal anvil' reaction)
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2013, 12:47:18 pm »

Tried again in case there was something different specifically about the no-product reaction "throw slag in slagpit"

Spoiler:  slag test 2 (click to show/hide)

The whole bar still got used up
 ???
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:49:11 pm by smakemupagus »

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2013, 01:25:48 pm »

could it be a difference between linux and win dfhack?
or are there any special patches applied to the win exe?
</randomGuess>

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2013, 01:41:43 pm »

It worked for me fine in your save too, leafar.    Built the slagpit right next to your smelters, queue'd up some "throw slag in slagpit," each reaction destroyed a full bar.  Using Meph's original reaction.

I don't have any experience with OS other than windows, so I can't speculate on that.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »

I see the problem. In Leafar's save the item is called "slag bar" while the tool is called "slag bar (massive)". So for some reason in this save slag gets produced as bars instead of as tools. Further analysis shows that the anvil is also made from slag, so there is definitely something wrong here.
Leafar, you said you assembled the 3a version yourself. How exactly did you do this? And did you generate this world in that version or did you copy over an old save?

Edit: I've made a screenshot of the smelter's items to show what I mean:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These bars are clearly different from the ones in Smake's screenshot.

Edit2: I generated a new world in my own build Linux DF and smelting hematite gives ordinary slag bars. Not the massive tool items.
After looking at the raws, I think that only the batch smelting jobs give massive bars. The ordinary smelter jobs give metal slag bars. Did you use some DFHack magic to change them that I need to change or was this simply an oversight?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:40:21 pm by jellsprout »
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »

Library system
 - no training for Wax working/poison making
 - Runesmithing book/masterwork in differrent workshops (and use farming tomes rather than smithing ones)
 - (suggest) Getting rid of read essay xxx would reduce the size of the lists in the workshops. Not sure there is any reason to use it over makeing a book from the essay and reading that.

dagger upgrade 2 is named superior instead of legendary

Sprite/Changlings do not breed (from wiki anything with the [IMMOBILE] tag can't breed)

Archology - All the identify XXX reactions could do with being made [AUTOMATIC]

Process plants to bag converts shadowleaf bushes to shadowleaf leaves. The poison making reactions use the bushes. Could do with chaning poison making to use the leaves or remove the process plant to leaf for shadowleaves.

May be intented: If you make steelclad mastiffs, they die and are butchered, and use the reclaim armour plating in the War Kennel you get back copper bars not steel bars.

observation: The option to have special effects (e.g. sparks etc) when performing jobs at workshops probably signifficantly increases the xp gained (due to doubling number of output product) for many reactions.

---Suggestions---

poison making
If you want to use stockpile give links to control what stuff is used in the posion reactions you seem to need all the required ingredients for a job on a single stockpile. For the posion coating reaction the use of tallow makes this aqward, you can easy control the number of barrels of poison, and use stockpile setting/links to heavly restrict the weapon/ammo types and thus numbers. But if you have any sort of meat industry the input stockpile quickly gets filled with tallow preventling anything else from being added.
Could i suggest either remove the tallow requirements, or change it to requiring Binding Agent instead (new item that can be stockpile controlled), and add a new reaction Tallow -> Binding agent. Can then have a stockpile with a controlled ammount of poison, weapons/ammo & binding agent.

Runesmith
Simular to the poison stuff, need an input stockpile with all required bars, and the items to runify. Hard to manage the number of bars on the stockpile, having an intermedite step of bar to rune (tool of <metaltype>) and then having the enchanting use the rune + item instead of bar + item.
Could also make multi-enchanting items easier, e.g. rune of copper, silver, gold -> precious rune (add all 3 effects), all runes -> rune of armok (adds all effects)
For a future magic system, could also make magic building/training require one or more of these runes.

P.S. Please don't think i am denigrating your work, i am am enjoying playing the mod. Keeping an issues log is my way of attempting to contribute.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2013, 09:35:56 pm »

Jellysprout: There are two types of slag bars. One is a bar, the other is a tool. I cant access the vanilla smelter reactions, so I couldnt give them slag, the only workaround was to make all ores an ore of slag. Thats where the bars come from. All custom reactions of mine use the slag tool, which is even heavier and closer to what I wanted, because you cant use it to build stuff. The raws and reactions are the same in all three OS versions, so I dont know what might cause the problem. Its the first time I hear about it too.

Drayath: You have no idea how helpful your reports are. Unbeknown to most, I dont really play DF. Maybe I can find the time for some succession forts, but usually when I take time for DF I enjoy modding more then playing. That means inbalances and problems like the stockpiling you mention are hard for me to see, since I only look at the code. Not the finished product. All your bugfixes and proposed changes are really helping. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 02:27:32 am »

Leafar, you said you assembled the 3a version yourself. How exactly did you do this? And did you generate this world in that version or did you copy over an old save?

i took the win download replaced dfhack with the latest linux version(keeping plugins where possible) and put in a fresh df-executable
also i removed some .exe and .batch files

the world was newly genned(nothing in the errorlog, except a few pathfinding errors by now)

btw: is the tool with which the skillnames where changed available for linux? i tried doing it manually, but it made dfhack crash (when loading autfixhandedness, i think)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 12:33:24 pm »

i couldnt help but notice that the concubine option has been removed in the settings menu, i know it was one of those controversial addons but i liked being able to have the extra haulers at embark

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2013, 12:51:33 pm »

i couldnt help but notice that the concubine option has been removed in the settings menu, i know it was one of those controversial addons but i liked being able to have the extra haulers at embark
It's been noted. See mephs ama for more details.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »

Battle-cries give away all thieves and ambushes. Once they get relatively close to a dwarf they yell something that gives away their position if you use the "zoom to location" from the combat logs. Additionally, if the dwarf in question is an apostle of Armok, afterwards when they are praying they spam: "The Apostle of Armok is caught in a burst of prayer!"

westamastaflash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »

Not sure if this was reported yet, I searched the thread for "Milling".

It appears when I enable "Milling" in Therapist that comes with Masterwork, the dwarves don't have milling enabled. I need to enable "Archeology" in order for them to mill plants.

On version 3a

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »

Elves cant currently acces mithril due to the fact that it has [SPECIAL] in its definition tokens. This causes their warriors and merchants to spawn with weapons, armors and crafts made of random materials like: gypsum plaster, small acid gems, dragonfire, etc.

Also it seems that moody smiths may  demand slag bars for their artifacts, not sure why though.

Version 3a.

Chaz8591

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:58 pm »

Hey Meph. I searched through the known issues and didn't see this one.

It seems that Carrot Wine, Tea, and Spearmint Tea aren't classified as drinks. I have a stockpile set up with everything allowed (except refuse and corpses) with max barrels allowed and room to put them in. However my dwarves (with hauling enabled and no jobs) will only idle. I also checked in both drink subcategories and didn't see them.

On v.3a

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:34 am »

Anyone else getting Batmen sieges where the Batmen hang out at the edge of the map and will not path to the fort, forcing you to search the cavern edges to clear the hidden siege?  I'm wondering if its the same buggy (=vanilla) 'flying invaders' problem that Dark Flagrance ran into with Harpies.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 142