Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190764 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #930 on: September 12, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »

Yep. If the text is so long that the NON_TTF version would overwrite the (S) or (R) behind it, it will. Even if the TTF text is shorter. So if you press F12, you will see that the bitumonous line is long enough to cover the (S)(R). On my laptop I can also press F10 to fix it temporarily...

On the one hand I can use shorter reaction names, but on the other I really do appreciate the extra length to give infos with. "Make a padded armor set (rigid scale)" is so much better then "Make pdd. armorset(r.scale)"

EDIT: Been double-ninja'd. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:09 pm »

Thanks Meph, i tried pressing F10 and it made me realize that my game was still zoomed in by 1 or 2 steps for some reason. reversing that gave me some more room beofre those tiles get cut of :)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 12, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »

I converted an Apostle of Armok who turned up to a Smith's Guild member, but it appears he is still incapable of gaining xp.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #933 on: September 13, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

Arkenor: Sounds strange, because the dwarves use trueTransform from dfhack to turn into new guilds, they effectively become completely new creatures. The old nerf from the Apostle cant carry over.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 13, 2013, 03:12:03 am »

I saw it with both of the priests I converted. They would have made great smiths, but made no progress after working away for quite some time. It does not make much sense to me either, but there it is.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #935 on: September 13, 2013, 03:56:00 am »

What does the Therapist say about their skill learn rates? Because it does work correctly on guilds, it jumps from 50% to 200% when I transform a normal dwarf into a guild-member.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 13, 2013, 05:21:49 am »

What does the Therapist say about their skill learn rates? Because it does work correctly on guilds, it jumps from 50% to 200% when I transform a normal dwarf into a guild-member.

Those are te numbers?

I have to say, I though it was 50% normal , 100% guilders all along. Well shit.

(Also 10000% if you turn off slow learn, if you havent fixed the bug yet)

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 13, 2013, 05:23:30 am »

Is something wrong with the apothecary? Orderd to fill buckets with ice, the bucket was there and the dwarf delivered the ice but it turns to water and he chancels the order because of lost item. I'm doing anything wrong or is it a bug? ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #938 on: September 13, 2013, 06:08:47 am »

The ice melted, probably because the apothecary is indoors. build it outdoors, otherwise the ice melts as soon as he puts it down in the workshop.

(Also 10000% if you turn off slow learn, if you havent fixed the bug yet)(Also 10000% if you turn off slow learn, if you havent fixed the bug yet)
Wut?

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 13, 2013, 06:38:38 am »

Ok thats the problem, thanks.^^

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:28 am »

The ice melted, probably because the apothecary is indoors. build it outdoors, otherwise the ice melts as soon as he puts it down in the workshop.

(Also 10000% if you turn off slow learn, if you havent fixed the bug yet)(Also 10000% if you turn off slow learn, if you havent fixed the bug yet)
Wut?

I reported that like 2 months ago or so. If you turn slow learning off your dwarves will get ridiculous learning speed. I had my woodcutter get to accomplished from novice for cutting like 20 trees or so.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 13, 2013, 11:04:56 am »

These were dwarves who arrived as Apostles. Once converted, Therapist said they had a 200% rate for their new in-caste skills. They just never gained any xp in them. I'd turned one apostle into a smith and one into an alchemist. Same problem with both of them.

I'd had to resort to converting the apostles, because my other suitable dwarves suitable for those roles just refuse to convert. Many of my dwarves seem unconvertable, which is a bit of a trouble when I've got slow learning enabled.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:14:46 am by Arkenor »

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 13, 2013, 11:13:11 am »

Two problems:
- When I try to build a candelabra or brazier, I only get a list of plants to choose from.
- My blast furnace has exploded every single time I have used it (three times so far).  Am I just having bad luck with harder smelting, or is there some precaution I need to be taking?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 13, 2013, 11:16:31 am »

Well, it is a blast furnace..

I never had that happen to me, but i didnt use it since .d version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #944 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Might be a side-effect from the boiling rocks that trigger the announcements. They might be so harmless, that they actually do cold damage to the leather, one of the buildmats of the furnace.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 142