Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190790 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #900 on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:42 am »

Arkenor: I started the save, but holy frickin enter-cuss-word-here, how large is that map? When I unpause the game has 1 tick time to jump to 1 FPS and instantly freeze. I can run it at all on the netbook, sorry.

I think it was about a 10*12 or something. I like having lots of elbow room :D The result of me trying to get as many different biomes as possible and the western cave entrance on the map. I prefer to play DF at about a speed of 24 anyway, so my desktop PC can generally cope fine. But aye, I figured it'd not get along with your notebook :(

That save really was only a few ticks before the crash though, so you might be seeing exactly what you should be seeing.

Anyhows, I've started a fresh fort anyway, on a relatively modest, for me, 8*8, so there's no rush on uncovering whatever was causing the problem. I'll bother you with entirely new problems instead!

Kougarkat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:40 am »

Herbalism research seems to be broken. I have some leaves in a bag inside a barrel, and it doesn't work.
I've changed the reagents to:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:X:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_LEAF][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:Y:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:X][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:Z:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CONTAINS:Y][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
Not sure if this is correct, but worked for me
Vanilla bug with custom reactions.  By default things in bags can't be in barrels.  With your fix they have to be.  I'm not clear if you lose the rest of the contents of the barrel or not.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 08, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »

Arkenor: I started the save, but holy frickin enter-cuss-word-here, how large is that map? When I unpause the game has 1 tick time to jump to 1 FPS and instantly freeze. I can run it at all on the netbook, sorry.

I think it was about a 10*12 or something. I like having lots of elbow room :D The result of me trying to get as many different biomes as possible and the western cave entrance on the map. I prefer to play DF at about a speed of 24 anyway, so my desktop PC can generally cope fine. But aye, I figured it'd not get along with your notebook :(

That save really was only a few ticks before the crash though, so you might be seeing exactly what you should be seeing.

Anyhows, I've started a fresh fort anyway, on a relatively modest, for me, 8*8, so there's no rush on uncovering whatever was causing the problem. I'll bother you with entirely new problems instead!

Sorry, but yes. You're playing with an absolutely NUTS size fort, and as a similar nutty-sized-fort-lover, I can say the crash is very, VERY likely tied to your map size. When I played anything above 5x5, I would get very odd crashes all the time. Same setup with 5x5 or 4x4, and never happened. DF allows those huge sizes - but they are really not wise to do, as DF is wayyyy too poorly optimized to handle them properly.

I would say try a similar setup/embark in 4x4 and see if you get the crash, to try and narrow it down to a MW issue and not a 'too damn big' crash. :P (god I wish we could play reliably on such huge maps!)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 08, 2013, 06:00:27 pm »

Sorry, but yes. You're playing with an absolutely NUTS size fort, and as a similar nutty-sized-fort-lover, I can say the crash is very, VERY likely tied to your map size. When I played anything above 5x5, I would get very odd crashes all the time. Same setup with 5x5 or 4x4, and never happened. DF allows those huge sizes - but they are really not wise to do, as DF is wayyyy too poorly optimized to handle them properly.

I would say try a similar setup/embark in 4x4 and see if you get the crash, to try and narrow it down to a MW issue and not a 'too damn big' crash. :P (god I wish we could play reliably on such huge maps!)

I play with maps like that all the time with no such problems ordinarily. But if folks want to disregard crash reports because I use big maps, I can't do anything about that. Random crashes is one thing, but a crash that happens repeatably at a precise moment in time is shenanigans, and is worthy of science.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2013, 07:37:06 am »

I think this might have been mentioned before a while back, not sure, but the Fear the Night creatures/etc aren't from the latest version. From what I could tell the differences are pretty minor but maybe something to add to the list for when you have nothing else.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 09, 2013, 09:25:12 am »

I just have to mention that Ironhand version is totally underdeveloped:( Some parts of the mod missing and some are outdated then trying to use with Ironhand tileset. I honestly tried new MW tileset... but its jsut too different for me:( I guess it will not be developed until you are back to Germany? Or it will not be developed at all?......
Most of my issues with new tileset are concerning stone tiles - they are too unrealisitc (yeah that sound funny if related to originally ASCII game). But thsoe dots inside every stone tile are really unsettling. Those tiles aren't used anywhere right? I can just try to put ironhand stone tiles to those tiles and see what happens... gonna report then i try it:)

Etarip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Found something digging through the raws:

Dire Lions have the [TRAINABLE_WAR] tag but not the [PET] or [PET EXOTIC] tags to make them usable, is a bug or on purpose? You can't imagine my disappointment after catching a breeding pair on not being able to tame them.  :-[

Etarip

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 09, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

Possible oddness in the Rusty -> Pure metals:

DensityValue
Rusty Iron4.854
Iron7.858
Rusty Steel7.8524
Steel7.8524

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

Yeah, rusty iron density should be 5700 instead of 4850 as it is. Same with rusty steel.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #909 on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »

All noted down.

But thsoe dots inside every stone tile are really unsettling. => Thats actually Phoebus, same tiles. ;) I kept those. But I updated all the ironhand, phoebus and ascii sets in my dev-version, next version should have everything in every tileset. I can only add new ones when I am in germany, correct.

Arkenor, I will test this save again in Germany, but that has to wait till then. I dont disregard it because of size, I really want to know why it crashes.

Erapip, thanks will be fixed.

Gilith:  :o  ???  :o => You just fixed a bug I deemed unfixable. Amazing work, and a very simple and logical solution. I will make sure to pass this around to other mods that have the same problem. Much appreciated.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 10, 2013, 08:08:31 am »

Possible bug: can't war train the earth familiar.

Also "The Engineer it surrounded by a barrier of rock that protects him from harm!" is instead of it maybe?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 10, 2013, 08:51:32 am »

I'm not entirely certain moleweasels should have tattoos.

On a lesser note, you probably intended "burrowing" instead of "borrowing".
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 10, 2013, 10:07:16 am »

Well, they do borrow things from all the vermin. It's not really their fault they can't give the body parts and organs back to them after they die.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:56 am »

Gilith:  :o  ???  :o => You just fixed a bug I deemed unfixable. Amazing work, and a very simple and logical solution. I will make sure to pass this around to other mods that have the same problem. Much appreciated.
Before you go to far on incorporating this, consider the issue that I now need to make sure that I store said item in a bag that is in a barrel.  If I don't have enough barrels or have a custom stockpile to hold the bags of stuff, but has no barrels assigned to it, the reaction won't work.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 11:33:11 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 10, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

I'm not entirely certain moleweasels should have tattoos.

On a lesser note, you probably intended "burrowing" instead of "borrowing".

I don't know about the tattoo.  My horse has a tattoo of my ex-wife on his butt.   :P
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 142