Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190805 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #870 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:36 am »

I'll try to get a save closer to the time of crash. It was annoyingly close to a new season and fresh autosave. I'm using Windows 7 and your own tile set.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #871 on: September 05, 2013, 11:28:52 am »

Thanks. And remember that Quicksave does exist.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:37 am »

@MEPH,
I smell a new release coming and would ask that you modify the KILN reactions by specifically specifying the product material.

For example - Change the existing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using INORGANIC:CERAMIC_STONEWARE for the fireclay reactions and INORGANIC:CERAMIC_POERCELAIN for the Kaolinite reactions.

Some of us have a stick farther up there then most and the above changes make it easier to use workflow to manage our stocks of stoneware beds, tables, etc.

Armor
in the 3g notes you mention additional chain mail items added to allow them to be worn under armor.  The mail hood doesn't appear to be sized correctly (LAYER_SIZE:30, LAYER_PERMIT:20) to a helm to be worn with it.  The mail greaves are LAYER:ARMOR and SHAPED so can't be worn with regular greaves.

I'm working on a table to add to the WIKI regarding all of the armors available in MW as I haven't seen one there yet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:39:31 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #873 on: September 05, 2013, 01:05:12 pm »

Billy Jack: I am luckily way ahead of your thought concerning clay items. Thanks to Apanis work, which I modified.

- Stonecrafters are now called: Stonecrafter & Potter
 - Clay items are not made from clay directly, but need an intermediate step at the Pottery.
 - You can shape items from clay, fire clay or kaolinite. This first step is called "greenware", which is fresh pottery.
 - Drying greenware results in leather-hard clay, drying leather-hard clay results in bone-dry clay. The reactions are done automatically.
 - Bone-dry items can finally be fired into stoneware, earthenware or porcelain at the clay oven.
 - Each reaction has a 5% to fail, simulating failed attempts at shaping or bursting/shattering clay from the firing process.
 - I know this sounds unecessarily complex, but it comes down to: "Shape clay item", wait, wait, "Fire clay item".
 - Reasons, if you want to know: The Oven Operator does a lot of quality items and it was easy to level up and abuse this skill. So I moved it to Stonecrafter. The reason for the 3 extra steps, shaping, drying (leather-hard), drying (bone-dry) is simple. Clay is unlimited and free and there is barely any reason to use rock anymore. Now I hope it is more balanced.

So yeah, the reactions work with workflow.

A table about the armors would help a lot. :) I myself am horrible when it comes to the layer sizes and layer permits, I never quite grasped the thought behind it... if you have corrections, feel free to modify the sizes. It should work like this: Padded OR Chain underneath the Metal Armor. And I need some space on the torso and hands for Rings and Amulets, of which a dwarf can only wear ONE (rings two) at a time, together with his gloves and armor. No idea if that is possible. Ring would be a glove item, and the Amulat an armor item.

Really, if you, or anyone else, could figure this out, I'd owe you big time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 05, 2013, 01:31:33 pm »

The armor layer size stuff is mostly gibberish to me as well.

What I was envisioning was Padded (UNDER layer) + Mail (OVER layer) + the Armor (ARMOR layer).  I'd like to figure out the layering so that you only get one of them

Rings and Amulets would be on the COVER layer.  Don't really have an idea how to size them.  The Wiki says that backpacks and quivers are also part of the layer sizing limits, so they need to be considered as well.

Considering everything, the torso section would need to accommodate, Padded shirt, Mail Shirt, Breastplate, quiver, backpack, cloak/cape, and amulet all together.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 05, 2013, 02:16:09 pm »

As of right now, the upper body can support all those things, as far as I know. Plus another mail shirt, if I recall correctly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 05, 2013, 02:23:48 pm »

btw if you haven't already here's a hotfix for soundsense-season.lua (so it doesn't come up with those annoying errors)

Code: [Select]
-- On map load writes the current season to gamelog.txt

local seasons = {
    [0] = 'Spring',
    [1] = 'Summer',
    [2] = 'Autumn',
    [3] = 'Winter',
}

local args = {...}

local function write_gamelog(msg)
    local log = io.open('gamelog.txt', 'a')
    log:write(msg.."\n")
    log:close()
end

if args[1] == 'disable' then
    dfhack.onStateChange[_ENV] = nil
else
    dfhack.onStateChange[_ENV] = function(op)
        if op == SC_WORLD_LOADED then
            if df.global.cur_season and df.global.cur_season>-1 then
                write_gamelog(seasons[df.global.cur_season]..' has arrived on the calendar.')
            end
        end
    end
end

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 05, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

An example of inappropriate layering.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4IZ0Flh3M

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 05, 2013, 02:41:31 pm »

After all that work, Randy is still going to get one-shotted by llama buck to the face,
shattering the outer skill and jamming it through the brain, tearing the brain.

Reminds me of that one time I made adamantine armor in a fort just so my adventurer could claim it, only to realize too late that I either forgot to make, or misplaced, a second boot. :(

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:07 pm »

btw if you haven't already here's a hotfix for soundsense-season.lua (so it doesn't come up with those annoying errors)

Any idea why I get this error on mac?

Code: [Select]
...newbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/soundsense-season.lua:23: Cannot read field global.cur_season: global address not known.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
...newbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/soundsense-season.lua:23: in function <...newbie/Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/soundsense-season.lua:21>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:14 pm »

Huh. That's a bit of a different error message than usual. Try using that hotfixed version I posted just a few posts earlier.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2013, 09:17:59 pm »

By chance, I managed to get a save mere seconds before the crash.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sk6t3q1hle9uwzy/Arkenor%27s%20World%20of%20Crashing.zip

I've heard you say you use a notebook, so the vast size of my map might cause you some difficulties. It's not the cause of my crashing though.

Some background to the game for anyone interested. It took a whole lot of worldgenning, but I managed to get a map where most of the races I use had an acceptable population. 122 Dark Stranglers is rather rubbish, but it might have taken many more hours for anything better. Keeping the Stranglers, Blendecs, Beak Wolves, AND Automatons alive through worldgen is a bit of a mission.

Civilized World Population

11499 Nagas
   655 Putrid blendecs
   122 Dark stranglers
   5285 Frogmen
   19473 White tigermen
   28151 Beak wolves
   27339 Raptor men
   17651 Gnomes
   9076 Orcs
   16538 Automatons
   20467 Drows
   22960 Frost giant
   17314 Warlocks
   10051 Chaos dwarves
   15033 Human bandits
   14030 The Mighty Dwarven Legion
   16838 Dwarves
   10258 Humans
   22350 Elves
   6719 Goblins
   554 Kobolds

Total: 292363

It's been a pretty tough game up to this point. My embark has a cave site, with the wonders and weirdness that can bring. You'll also notice some Shoggoths walled away, who caused me a great deal of trouble. I've only lost two folks. The third dwarf in my graveyard was an unfortunate trader guard who assisted us with a fleeing Warlock abductor after it chopped my miller in half on the way out after having it's buttocks removed by a trap. Got hit by the paralysing gas when he killed it, and promptly suffocated, poor lad.

I'm also in range of a Necromancer Tower. They've only sent a probing force so far, though they accounted for my other death.

Dark Stranglers (their cow mounts were delicious) and Beak Wolves have sieged. Had a very early orc abduction attempt and a couple of warlocks abductors. No sign of the kobolds or goblins as yet. Frogs turned up to siege but decided to ignore me and march down into the cave, where I expect they met a very unpleasant fate. I should try to get a door on it, but I'm running with a very small military by necessity, and don't really fancy getting too close to it, given the nasty things that sometimes come out for a look around. I believe some ambush squads may also have wandered down there, as I had ambush messages, though that might have been cave races for all I know. Uncertain how those work.

No sign of the elves, probably due to inconvenient sieges. The humans turned up for the first time last season, but sadly at the exact same moment cow-mounted Dark Stranglers came in at the same spot on the southern edge of the map. Very poor showing by the guards who were wiped out, though at least the merchants and their cargo managed to escape off the map.

My main problem is that I've been thoroughly undermanned throughout. Which is a result of trading poorly in my first year (most of which was spent relocating to the less freezing part of the map), which was mostly spent not being devoured, and then, foolishly, annoying the dwarven merchant on his second visit (Proper Trader decided to go on break, so was running rather blind with a skillless stand-in. I should probably bring two traders with me. So I've been stuck on about 14 folks for two years. Not had the manpower for mining a nice looking place yet. The design is horrid, but in the process of being fixed.

However, trading was rather more successful on the last merchant visit, I am hopeful that, were the crash to find a solution, I'll be getting reinforcements soon.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:33:37 pm by Arkenor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #882 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:48 pm »

Arkenor, thank you. The Internet here is too crappy to download the save though, but I saved the link to it in my todo list. I will have a look first thing when I am back in Bangkok, with good wifi. What you can try is replacing the DwarfFortress.exe with the one from vanilla DF, try the save again.

Second test is to type "unload all" into the dfhack console, it stops all plugins.

Third test is to make a mini-burrow, assign all dwarves to it. This shows if the crash happens because of a faulty product that is produced in a reaction.

These are the normal things I do. See if its the patched exe, see if its dfhack, see if its raws... then go from there. I hope one of the three helps. Let me know how it goes.

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:28 pm »

Just tried all three ideas. No joy. I wasn't, I don't think, crafting anything I hadn't previously crafted.

Do you have a way of getting proper information on why it's crashing?

All my error log has is :

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt"
GOAT Color Mod Ending With (ECRU,1) Was Not Used
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: GIANT_KEA:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: GIANT_KEA:MALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: KEA_MAN:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: KEA_MAN:MALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER, GIANT:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER, GIANT:MALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER MAN:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER MAN:MALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: GIANT_KEA:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: GIANT_KEA:MALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER, GIANT:FEMALE
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: HONEY BADGER, GIANT:MALE
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction SPIRIT_BEAR_KOBOLD
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: SPIRIT_BEAR_KOBOLD:MALE

But it has always had those, so I don't imagine that's the problem.

I was wondering if a migrant wave was trying to arrive, but there's something awry.

Have folks tested much with cave site embarks? They can be a bit strange, with a large area filled with activity while being invisible to me. There's probably quite a lot going on down below that I can't see. With ambushers and siegers heading down through the cave site entrance into the caverns proper, one of them might be doing whatever's causing the crash.

Edit: Did a Reveal so I could see what's going on. I can now see there's a squad of batmen standing over a pile of dead Dark Stranglers and Frogmen. Is that an ambush squad, or do they just wander around down there?  The Batmen are the only living civ members on the map right now. I'm a little offended that the stanglers and frogs would rather fight them than me. At any rate, there's no fighting going on at the moment, which was what I wanted to check.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:39:58 pm by Arkenor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #884 on: September 06, 2013, 01:30:25 am »

Try renamding the SDL.dll in the dwarf fortress folder to SDLx.dll and the SDL_real.dll to SDL.dll. (Essentially, replace the big sdl with the smaller sdl_real) It will completely disable dfhack for good.

The errorlog has nothing to do with it, it only concerns kobold mode and the skin color of goats is missing, because they have furry_skin since a few versions.

Well... dont know what else could cause a crash. I will try to download it, but dont get your hopes up (on the internet here finishing the download)  Edit: Nope, doesnt work... 58mb is way too overkill for here.

Do you have any hives/bees? If yes, maybe run "crashfix1" in the dfhack console. But it only fixes a very odd crash from empty hives.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:59:47 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 142