Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190846 times)

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #855 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:18 pm »

Repseki, why did you have a legendary axe dwarf in a part time squad anyway? He's a professional soldier and doesn't mind being active permanently. I think it is only recruits that get negative thoughts from long patrol duty. I actually have all my squads full time, since my soldiers are selected solely for a military role. The recruits might complain about it a little until they become soldiers, but it's easy enough to ignore or offset with positive thoughts.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:58 pm »

At time time he was in a five man squad, with four on, one off, while some new recruits were getting brought up to speed. Otherwise he would have been training or stationed whenever not sleeping, eating, or drinking. Which is how I usually have my military, and probably the only reason I hadn't noticed them acting this way when not actively training.

Raven3113

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 04, 2013, 06:10:31 pm »

Just grabbed MW and before I could have any in game bugs Ive come across the problem of all generated maps not including any metals. Soil, loam, sand, even flux. No shallow or deep metals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »

"Metals" just means "minerals". Embark, then "prospect all" in DFHack.

Raven3113

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:51 pm »

To clarify, I'm hitting F in the embark screen and selecting yes on shallow, deep metals and im getting nothing back.

Raven3113

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 04, 2013, 06:40:37 pm »

Another issue is that Im missing quite a few animals in my embark screen. Dont even have dogs and cats.

Edit: Figured it out.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:10:26 pm by Raven3113 »

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 04, 2013, 07:14:36 pm »

Raven, in a recent update, Meph changed the ways metals behave. As of .3h, all ores must be processed through a building called the "Ore Processor" which is listed under {b}uild -> furnac{e}s. Processing ores uses the Masonry labor.

There also was an overhaul with the embark creatures in Masterwork some time ago, changing all the default animals to more "dorfy" equivalents. "Dogs" and "Cats" have been replaced by their "Badgerdog" and "Moleweasel" counterparts. "Cavernkeets" are also a typical replacement for chickens. The "Mountain Tuskox" is also a popular choice.

I'm sorry but there isn't really a descriptive list of these creatures as of yet, but a few awesome people here have been working to improve the Masterwork wiki page by adding content.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 04, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »

I'm sorry but there isn't really a descriptive list of these creatures as of yet, but a few awesome people here have been working to improve the Masterwork wiki page by adding content.

There is from the original author. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123155.msg4047611#msg4047611

Doesn't include Mephs original additions but those a described the various version announcements.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 05, 2013, 02:32:17 am »

Raven, with the way Meph changed minerals in the most recent update they don't show up on the find any more.  They are there but you'll need to go over to the DFHack window and type in "prospect all" to see what ones are there.  If you prefer not to know specifically what is there then as long as you have mineral scarcity at 100 there will be plenty available. Beware of warpstone and other mining dangers if you've left "harder mining" switched on, dwarves of the mason's guild are immune to those dangers.

Also some quick info for you as you're new to the mod: vermin hunters - moleweasles (fast), frill lizards (egg layers), and leatherwing bats (can be sheared for leather). 
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #864 on: September 05, 2013, 03:35:57 am »

Next update will have metals in the embark finder and ore stockpiles again, but still will have the ore processor. I will put both in.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:52 am »

I was looking at the raws, and I noticed that some creatures and monsters have their Frequency as 100 and their Population_Number in the thousands, while other creatures (such as the warklin mauler) have theirs unchanged. Is this intended, or...?

Can someone please answer this? I don't know if this is intended, but I noticed that since some creatures still have a low frequency and pop. number, they never show up.
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:18 am »

I was looking at the raws, and I noticed that some creatures and monsters have their Frequency as 100 and their Population_Number in the thousands, while other creatures (such as the warklin mauler) have theirs unchanged. Is this intended, or...?

Can someone please answer this? I don't know if this is intended, but I noticed that since some creatures still have a low frequency and pop. number, they never show up.
You probably need to be more specific, because as of now, I read your question to be about wanting rare creatures to be less rare.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:29:28 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 05, 2013, 10:54:00 am »

I'm having an issue where magic migrants would come and transform a Sprite into their familiar, only to have it bleed to death the very next tick. It's happened twice thus far, both times the sprite transforming into a fire sprite.

Basically it's annoying, not troubling. Can I hide my sprites in a back room somewhere so mages can't transform them?

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 05, 2013, 10:56:00 am »

Getting a CTD in 3h. Distressingly repeatable, happening roughly the same time each time I go back to the saved version. However, there's nothing in the logs at that time, so that's almost entirely useless I would imagine, but is rather a show stopper. One little dwarf, somewhere, is doing something he ought not. I will try to figure out which one.

In the meantime, I've had some other issues. Trying the caste building for the first time, I put a chap into the Garrison for 2500 gold, got a message that he'd become a military dwarf, and then he ran out again, entirely unchanged.

In a similarly frustrating vein, I've had dwarfs giving speeches. There has been plenty of report spam about the listeners being affected, but their stats aren't actually changing so far as I can tell, even over the course of several months of speechifying.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #869 on: September 05, 2013, 11:03:59 am »

Arkenor, could you please give me the tileset info, which OS (assume windows) and the save? I will look at the speech interactions, is added to my list.

Lottanubs: That might be because fireimps are hot, but the sprite base creature is not fireproof. Its probably a quirck of df, carrying this over (?)

MadeOfStarDust: I often add creatures from other mods and might not have updated the numbers. Its so many creatures its hard to tell. Some others are rare on purpose... but if the frequency is missing it defaults to 50, so they do appear.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 142