Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190978 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #615 on: August 07, 2013, 06:47:54 am »

Not 100% sure this is a bug, and if it is it probably isn't because of MDF, but.

For some reason my Forge dwarves have been trying to melt 3 Gold Chests for at least 3 years, possible up to 5. I only just figured out that this is why nothing ever seemed to be getting melted. I'm going to see if it was just a fluke, or if these chests refuse to melt, but it was very odd.

I think that's a vanilla bug.
EDIT: Yeah,back from 40d:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=46988.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31660.0

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 07, 2013, 11:10:46 am »

Mortimer & Szarrukin: Try the LAA-patcher I include.

Still nothing. OK, something has changed - now I can generate world almost every time, but still cannot play. :( It's sad, I'd really wanted to try lobotomizing my dwarfs...

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #617 on: August 07, 2013, 03:47:17 pm »

Why? Just Why?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 07, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »

Sandstone furniture does not get hauled to any stockpiles. Its as if the it doesn't recognise sandstone as a building material

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #619 on: August 07, 2013, 04:38:02 pm »

are you playing with temerature off? or "less solid sones:no"?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 08, 2013, 01:34:13 am »

Temperature is off correct. But I didnt enable less solid stones.

How would the temp affect sandstone? When I went through teh stone list (from the stock menu) sandstone doesnt even appear on it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #621 on: August 08, 2013, 01:38:01 am »

Thats intended. And you need TEMP:ON to play the mod, otherwise you will get bacteria, stench, smoke and spark boulders and half of the advanced reactions wont work.

6 types of stone leave no boulder when you play with "less solid rock", its an option to decrease the amount of items and therefore increase FPS. Sandstone is one of them, it just evaporates into a cload of sand. Once you turn temperature on, all sandstone will be gone. It doesnt count as stone, because it shouldnt even exist with the settings you use. If you disable "less solid rock" then it will be counted as stone again.

In short: No bug, simply a misunderstanding. You need temperature to play the mod as intended.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dogfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 08, 2013, 07:24:57 am »

awesome! then I shall play again with it on. thanks for teh help

Purgatory

• Bay Watcher
  • Many Questions Asked
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:31 am »

While I was playing dwarf mode, for no obvious reason, the game suddenly crashes/"This program has stopped working". This has happened twice in different worlds. Each time I reload from a save the crash happens again, at the same/similar time. I have the 2 saves if you want to examine them. I haven't experienced this in Orc mode.
Signature Is Here.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 08, 2013, 03:01:55 pm »

Tiny one. The adjective "childish" in the dwarf language file has an open bracket where there should be a close bracket. No apparent impact on gameplay except reading as "childish[" in game. 

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 08, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Is there any reason that whenever I open settings.exe, some of the settings stay around but some don't?

I didn't change all of them, but of the ones I did change, the three magic workshops that are off by default keep switching off even when I turn them on. And English Dwarves is also off everytime I start up the settings program. As well as the kiln/quern added reactions. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #626 on: August 08, 2013, 04:02:03 pm »

Yep, because I changed the raws but cant change the button atm. Its mostly just a display error

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 08, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »

So do I need to flip them back on every time I start up settings? Or will they stick around even if they display incorrectly?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #628 on: August 08, 2013, 04:37:51 pm »

Just keep them like they are. Nothing flips back to anything, except the ON/OFF-text on the button.

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 09, 2013, 11:38:54 am »

After creating a character in Adventure Mode in v.3e, I press Enter to 'Go!' and then DF stops responding. This occurs in several large worlds built in Perfect World and a Standard generated pocket world; each race, including all 'outsider' races; each skillset, 'Peasant,' 'Hero,' and 'Demigod,'; and the freezing persists after re-extracting v.3e and re-genning both a Vanilla and Perfect World region with the default settings.

I'll try re-downloading the pack all-together.
Adventure Mode worked on v.3c, and works on the Lazy Newb Pack v15.

Edit: Spelling.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:23:15 pm by Lottanubs »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 142