Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186155 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »

I left on embark with a pile of "Tree Acorns", but they aren't getting planted.  I'm assuming the problem lies in the fact that the farm plot allows specification of "Tree Sapling" as a crop?  Not sure though, and after searching for acorn and sapling in the raws, it isn't clear to me where to change it either :)  Thank you for any suggestions.

I don't think this is a raws bug, it works OK in past versions & I don't think Meph changed it recently.
Some things come to mind,

(1) part of your plot is in a mountain / freezing biome?
(2) there is a vanilla issue where foreign plants need to be "discovered" (e.g., brewed, cooked, processed) before they can be planted.  I don't think this applies to anything you bring on embark or buy from the home caravan, but I'm not 100% sure?
(3) part of the plot is underground?

Slag bars can be pitted
Slag bars can be used for constructions.
Slag bars can be used to make anvils.

As is, I don't have to use the slag pit for anything

Yeah, but they're still super heavy and you have to haul them around anyway without a wheelbarrow to do those things.  Using the slag pit is probably easier, and gives you blocks/potash.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 03:02:11 pm »

Few bits i have noted down.

church buildings materials list missing leading [ for the books to build them (meaning books not required)

Iron weapons building requirement for the hall of a mountain king are a pain in the arse. If you use a good weaponsmith to make them, your army (individual choice weapons) keeps picking them up to replace there existing weapons, so until you make a large number never any in the stockpile to build the Hall with.

sprites/changlings dont seem to be breeding

How do you use spitting orchid and treant seeds now?

armoks mushroom (and probably  afew other things) can't be brewed in the brewery. If dont want to add all possible items, could a generic brew job be added.

new bard system can cause issues: If you set a profile and auto repeat the job. When the bard transforms they get removed from the profile list, which switchs back to allowing everyone, then the next person starts the job.

FAQ note:(from experience) dont use auto-repeat and a profile with the Sacrifice life job. Once they dwarves in the profile are dead the profile list is cleared and the rest of the fort joins in the sacrificing!!!

Various tranformations in particular seems to be applied to units twice, may double up the effects of things like material force multipliers (e.g. [INORGANIC:HOLY_STONE]). Should the transformation syndromes have (untested) [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:TargetRace:TargetCaste]

Butcher a mountain goat. Can't spin the wool you get.

Is it possible to have a single fat and an single tallow instead of one for each creature (simular to what was done for meat). As it stands at the moment having a tallow or fat only stockpile to feed a workshop is painful.

Is it possible to make the various custom tools out of custom stone type (e.g. paper, parchement, velum, book, tomes made from a new inorganic stone called Library materials). Could then make a stockpile in near the workshop with its supplies (E.g. The library with stockpile: Finishedgoods, type=tools, Stone/Clay=Library materials)

dfhack thread has a copy of the showunitsyndromes script with a basic readme if you want it.

Are the "===Skillname===" jobs in a workshop meant to train the skill, as they don't do so if intended.

With ironhand tileset Microline stone shows up as crates?

With ironhand tileset left<->right tracks show as a black square, crossroad track also shows as something wierd.

Brick oven appears not to use fuel, intended?

Has something changed on the skill level of immigrants. ~100 dwarves and the highest skills has been level 4, and only a couple of them. - Newly generated world, got a couple of higher level immigrants.

Suggestion for allowing breeding of toolkit: Give them an rarish (~10%) automoton caste that can breed, 'This clockwork construct scavenges discarded materials and builds toolkits and even complete automoton's from them.' Could give it a cleaning interaction, and butcherable for clockwork parts also to make it more intresting.
This is what i am presently using and it appears to work [TODO: needs new/reused tile for clockwork scavenger caste]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dwarf forts can't refine cromite (orc forts only), however crome bars are used in the rune forges.

grind rocks and grind rocks to sand reactions seem to require a lot of boulders with the new fixed 25% mining drop rate. I reduced grind to sand to 1 boulder (from 2) and grind rocks to 3 (from 10) which seemed a bit more reasonable to me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:51:19 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

Manual stuff
Firstpage links to the old thread

Rest from buildings page:
  • Archeologist(Only link at top)/Archeologist's Study
  • Wrong order of Temples at the top
  • Boneyard still says Music Stage instead of Tavern.
  • Rockforge says that the decoy has to be set up in a Spawn Location.
  • Tailor still says 5 leather for 2 boots, 1 trouser, 1 armor and 1 helm but also gives 2 gloves now.
  • Trap engineer says that you can build a dart thrower.
  • Toxicist is under Farming and ingame under Misc / Boneyard - Workshops, ingame - Farming / Warbeast Kennels - Misc, ingame - Farming / Glassforge - Misc Furn, ingame - Smithing
  • Inconsistent Names
    • Still/Distillery
    • Apothecarius/Apothecary's Study
    • Research Study/Researcher's Study
    • Trade Storage/Trade Storehouse
    • Tailor/Tailor's Workshop
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:07:22 pm by Puddingkuchen »

Asva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 06:37:06 pm »

Guildhall, military garnison related.

1) While dwarf carries coins, cancelling job makes him instantly transform into apprentice.
2) Childs do tranform with their parents, which is ok, I think.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:58:05 pm by Asva »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 07:34:52 pm »

various creature skins are showing up in my food stockpiles

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2013, 07:57:52 pm »

various creature skins are showing up in my food stockpiles

It's showing up in your *glob* stockpiles probably -- this is how the More Leather Mod works.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2013, 09:42:50 pm »

is it usable?  Either for food or as a tan_mat?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2013, 10:53:06 pm »

is it usable?  Either for food or as a tan_mat?

Yes, it gets tanned.  Was waiting until I saw it in action so I could answer for sure :)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2013, 12:02:13 am »

Is this a typo?
YESLEARNING[SKILL_RATES:50:50:6:60] 50% xp

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

What part do you think is a typo? 

The skill_rates:50 agrees with the comment 50%xp. 
The YESLEARNING is the loader script thing that keeps track of the fact that you have the "Harder Learning" option activated in the settings GUI.
The other three numbers have something to do with rust rates.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2013, 01:51:27 am »

ah ok. I thought the 6 all alone was a typo and possibly way supposed to be a 60.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2013, 09:13:09 am »

An interesting note on the slower learning is that I believe it keeps successful moods from turning your dwarves insta-Legendary, because it halves the artifact experience.  More of an FYI than a bug,  it's still a major skill boost.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »

Non unique reagent ids (both "A")

Product dimensions on a boulder?

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:13 pm »

Not sure if this has anything to do with this mod but i noticed that whenever i embark on top of a demonic fortress i notice a huge fps drop. I disabled temperature, weather etc and my fps drops down to below 100 with just 7 dwarves. I have not noticed anything like this before. I tried 3 different sites and every time the same thing happened. It is fine when i embark anywhere else thats not on a demonic fort. I am not using any other mods. Can anyone confirm this? I have tried genning a new world, no luck. I also embarked on a demonic fortress in vanilla DF, and normal embark both times i experienced the same FPS
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:02:25 pm by atazs »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

Yes, not mod related.

Well, for me it happens once I know about the fortress.  I don't know what tricks you use to know about it, but perhaps it wakes them up?  I dunno about that part.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 142