Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186156 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:27 pm »

@Navatar: Yep, 2 bars of ash are not much... its 150 to one bar, so it should have been 300. My bad.

I already fixed the leatherwing skin and drakescale tanning bug :) Next version will have it. Had to do some creative problemsolving, but it works now.

@leafar: I hate linux for being case sensitive. Will be fixed.
So if I understand everything correctly, the reaction for slag + ash concrete should be:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CONCRETE_SLAG_ASH]
[NAME:Make concrete from slag and ash(8)]
[BUILDING:SLAG_PIT:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:2:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SLAG] [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:B:300:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:8:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]
[SKILL:SMELT]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:12:14 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2013, 01:13:01 pm »

I was just looking at that and just about to post that myself. Good catch Billy Jack. Also its the same for all the "Extract from X" in the crucible.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:17:53 pm by Hefateus »

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 02:15:17 pm »

just started a new embark in a sandbox world and for some reason i have 8700 pts to spend on supplies and crap 0_o

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:44 pm »

Thats because its a sand box world. Its for newbies to get their feet wet with water and not so much blood. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »

BillyJack, you did not check the entity file nor the actual finishing forge ingame.

Code: [Select]
##################################################################
##################   FINISHING FORGE    ##########################
##################################################################

[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_COPPER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_TIN]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_ZINC]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_BISMUTH]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_BRONZE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_SILVER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_GOLD]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_IRON]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_ALUMINUM]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_PLATINUM]
PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_TITANIUM
PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_COBALT
PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_CHROME
PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_WOLFRAM
PERMITTED_REACTION:COLD_MITHRIL

The new metals dont have brackets around them, the reaction exists, but is not enabled for dwarves. They cant do it.

The ash number would be correct, if it needs 2 bars. I looked up the reaction here, it says 1 bar of ash, so I just raised it to 150, and added does not determine product amount just for safety as well. ;)

And yes, a sausage is from 2 ground meat and 1 vermin remain. Its like a McDonalds hamburger.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 03:27:28 pm »

Cool.  Forgot to check that bit.  I did look in there to make sure that the Finishing Forge to make sure the was not on the chopping block, just forgot to check the reactions.

I was basing the 300 off of the previous post you made, validating the issue with the use of ash in the reaction.

BTW.  Any chance you could share the fix for Leatherwing and Drakes?  I like my vermin catching, flying, leather producing leatherwings :)
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Spray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »

edit*

nvm found it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 03:32:52 pm »

Spray, its there, its called "forge". Maybe you overlooked it, because the name is shorter. Hotkey is still 'f'.

Billyjack: It inclued a new reaction, 2 new materials templates, 2 new tissue templates and I edited both creatures, it wont work on a running fort. It will be included in the next release though, which will pretty much be bugfix only.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »

Activating golems gives me a brass golem, but their tile is just a "G". This is in Ironhand, not sure about Phoebus.

This happened to me in Phoebus, too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 06:47:20 pm »

Creature sprites have nothing to do with the tilesets... I said its noted and fixed. Its was simply the fact that its two creatures now, not one.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:06:43 am by Meph »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:52 am »

And yes, a sausage is from 2 ground meat and 1 vermin remain. Its like a McDonalds hamburger.

Thanks Meph and Navatar! I'm playing MWDF—Shipwreck Edition (on the coast, with zero item embark), and vermin remains would be a luxury! Chances are I've always been swimming in the past and never realised they were going into the tasty, tasty sausages. :)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 09:19:12 am »

Cold hammering anvils - docs vs raws

The docs (buildings.html) says that:

Form a metal anvil takes any three metal bars and makes one anvil from it. You no longer need to bring one at embark.

However, if I'm reading things correctly, the raws seem to think five bars are needed (one bar = 150 units):

[NAME:make metal anvil]
        [BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_A]
        [REAGENT:A:750:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:NONE]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:ANVIL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 03:11:05 am »

v3 , phoebus. Guilds report:

*Harder learning - ON*

tested smithing - therapist tells me this dwarf is 99.62% for weaponsmithing, and 64.54 for armorsmithing. gets 30xp per combine
Regular Dwarf gets 30 xp per combine

one of my mason dwarves (useing 4) is only lv 2 miner, they are ALL level 1 engravers (only 4 im useing to smooth down the fortress, takin a while)

engineer dwarf , 127 mechanisms made, skill is 3810/4500 lv 5 - consistant 30 xp per combine
regular dwarf also gets 30 xp per combine

also my smiths keep making slag armor.. its infuritating - piles of adamantite just layin around.. OH IM GONNA USE SLAG FOR THIS Armor of War!... *facepaw*

legion dwarves been.. fightin forever.. and ever.. and ever.. (2 years?) level 8 weapons 11 fighters

student / leader / teacher gains are 5 per xp gain.. most aren't even level 1 yet

KaneAndTheHumanRace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 10:31:12 am »

I left on embark with a pile of "Tree Acorns", but they aren't getting planted.  I'm assuming the problem lies in the fact that the farm plot allows specification of "Tree Sapling" as a crop?  Not sure though, and after searching for acorn and sapling in the raws, it isn't clear to me where to change it either :)  Thank you for any suggestions.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2013, 12:06:25 pm »

Slag bars can be pitted
Slag bars can be used for constructions.
Slag bars can be used to make anvils.

As is, I don't have to use the slag pit for anything
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 142