Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 186044 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 12:49:54 pm »

Uhhh, an elven caravan arrived and I saw a puff of yellow smoke from one of them. One of the elves suddenly died and the merchants ran away. What the hell happened?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »

@Golym: The healing, it adds AGELESS. I am surprised about the crashes. You press 'c' and it instantly dies?

@jaxy15: They did bring an item made of an inorganic material that has a low boiling point and possibly a syndrome attached. They shouldnt bring it, these are stones that usually only exist in reactions. If you could tell me what the puff of yellow smoke was made of, it would help greatly... maybe you have a save from before it happened?

Really, this is something I do not like to hear. At all. I had this once before, it was super difficult to stop. Dwarves brought molten magma in bags, setting themselves on fire.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 01:06:54 pm »

@Meph: Exactly, every time! I can't marry my 327 yo militia captain with the princess that is 13yo because he's already dead.
And about the AGELESS... I saw that my 145 yo dwarf became 13 yo after a time using the healing option.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And how do I control which dwarf uses the fountain?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 01:11:59 pm »

And how do I control which dwarf uses the fountain?

Workshop profile
(q)uery, (P)rofile

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 01:27:13 pm »

Sadly, I don't know what the yellow smoke was made of.
I DID get a free firebird, drowspider and kea, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 03:20:32 pm »

free firebird

So... any combat log for that yellow smoke? "Elf trader has been hit by firebreath" or something?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 03:30:21 pm »

not really a bug, rather a typo:
Dwarf Fortress/raw/graphics/wannabehero_DDD/DDD_Creatures_16px.png should be DDD_creatures_16px.png
gave me an error of not being able to find the file
(using V3-raws under linux)

just noticed: same problem with the manual "Die Dateien unter .../masterworkdwarffortress/repository/home.html konnten nicht gefunden werden."
it should be MasterworkDwarfFortress
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:37:33 pm by leafar »
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 03:34:11 pm »

free firebird

So... any combat log for that yellow smoke? "Elf trader has been hit by firebreath" or something?
Nope, no combat logs. The bird was in the cage the whole time, I'm still keeping him there.

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 03:06:28 am »

I have 10 leatherwing bat skins, but all of the tanner workshop jobs are red.

I can independently confirm this behaviour. I have multiple shorn Drake skins and the Tanner Workshop next door is unable to process them.

Other things I have noted. In the raws of creature_standard.txt
The following duplications exist. I imagine having the exact code twice serves no purpose, but I haven't really played around with modding DF much.

line 1111   YESCASTE[SKILL_RATE:WOODCRAFT:200:0:0:0] is a duplucate of line 1109       
line 1112   YESCASTE[SKILL_RATE:WOODCUTTING:200:0:0:0] is a duplucate of line 1110

line 1131   YESCASTE[SKILL_RATE:WOODCRAFT:200:0:0:0] is a duplucate of line 1129       
line 1132   YESCASTE[SKILL_RATE:WOODCUTTING:200:0:0:0] is a duplucate of line 1130

Also the reaction in reaction_masterwork.txt

[REACTION:CONCRETE_SLAG_ASH]
[NAME:Make concrete from slag and ash(8)]
[BUILDING:SLAG_PIT:CUSTOM_A]
[REAGENT:A:2:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SLAG] [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:B:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:8:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:CONCRETE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Seems to produce vastly more then 8 concrete blocks and gives an insane amount of skill increase to SMELTING. As far as I can figure, the only possible cause might be the lack of [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] on reagent B.

Other then that, kudos on the great mod.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 04:04:12 am »

@Navatar: Yep, 2 bars of ash are not much... its 150 to one bar, so it should have been 300. My bad.

I already fixed the leatherwing skin and drakescale tanning bug :) Next version will have it. Had to do some creative problemsolving, but it works now.

@leafar: I hate linux for being case sensitive. Will be fixed.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 06:58:53 am »

Activating golems gives me a brass golem, but their tile is just a "G". This is in Ironhand, not sure about Phoebus.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 07:15:45 am »

Ah yes, they are two creature types now, of course they need two graphic files. Thanks for the report, is fixed.

I like how this is shaping up. :) Some minor bug reports that are easily narrowed down. :)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 09:29:02 am »

Sausages require more than ground meat.

I seem to recall previous MasterWork games only requiring ground meat for sausages. The new reaction seems to call for 'Unrotten sausage_mat-producing meat' *and* 'Remains'.

Given that we grind up remains to make the ground meat, it seems a little odd that we need them in unprocessed form to make sausages. (I could also be reading things wrong, but I *do* have 125 units of ground meat, and it still won't let me make sausages.)

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 09:48:21 am »

Sausages require more than ground meat.

I seem to recall previous MasterWork games only requiring ground meat for sausages. The new reaction seems to call for 'Unrotten sausage_mat-producing meat' *and* 'Remains'.

Given that we grind up remains to make the ground meat, it seems a little odd that we need them in unprocessed form to make sausages. (I could also be reading things wrong, but I *do* have 125 units of ground meat, and it still won't let me make sausages.)

You need ground meat AND a vermin remains to make a sausage. One imagines this is Meph's requirement to simulate using an intestine casing or something similar. Try getting some cats or frilly lizards and you should soon be making sausages out of the elves in no time.  Personally I have a tendency to make bonemeal (flux) or ash out of my vermin... Rather a useful little buggers.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 11:29:14 am »

It is now more efficient to cold hammer mithril (1 boulder in -> 1 bar out) at the Finishing Forge instead of using the Crucible to extract mithril from raw mithril (3 boulder in -> 1 bar out with 50% chance for another and 15% for another)

[REACTION:COLD_MITHRIL]
[NAME:cold hammer mithril]
[BUILDING:FINISHING_FORGE:CUSTOM_ALT_M]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:MITHRIL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SPARK][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:METALCRAFT]

[REACTION:RAW_MITHRIL_MITHRIL]
[NAME:extract mithril from raw mithril]
[BUILDING:CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_M][BUILDING:MAGMA_CRUCIBLE:CUSTOM_M]
[REAGENT:A:3:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:RAW_MITHRIL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL]
[PRODUCT:50:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL]
[PRODUCT:10:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:MITHRIL]
   YESSLAGPIT[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAG:INORGANIC:SLAG]
[FUEL]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Guessing the other metals that can be cold hammered also have this issue.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 142