Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 185881 times)

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #2100 on: May 12, 2014, 07:00:29 am »

I'm getting the MOUNTAIN:Unrecognized Entity Token: REACTION crash.

Masterwork 4j from pjf gold March 29, 2014
Tileset: Masterwork - Obsidian
Windows 7

- Digging invaders turned off since worldgen.
- All digging invaders code deleted from dfhack.init since before worldgen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saved game. Crashes a few seconds in.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8559

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 12, 2014, 08:03:10 am »

Morul's Tavern: Sound the Ominous Horn (stop tantrums)

This buff does not seem to wear off in a month.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:08 pm »

Heyo, I constantly get this error in dfhack whenever I play:

It doesn't seem to affect the game, really, but it's annoying.

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 12, 2014, 05:24:39 pm »

Pets always work, except if you disabled them in the gui.

Plants are dependant of specific biomes. Dry caverns = no plump helmets, just like vanilla df.

Rendermax crashes when you zoom in/out, as stated in the manual. no way around it.

Pets are enabled in the GUI, I'm 99% sure I'm in the right biome but I can't doublecheck, and Rendermax is disabled.

Redownloaded in case Chrome ate a bit of the .rar (which, infuriatingly, happens sometimes with large files) and am generating a new world.

Also, preset Embark profiles don't add pets automatically. Skimmed the manual to see if that's been addressed (I'm sure it has somewhere). And in the case of the cave wheat, I was embarking on the same tile each time.

I've had this a few times.  I think what Meph was saying is that the Mountainhome/dwarf civ locations need to be in the correct biome and have a wet cavern.  I've had some times where the civ I selected doesn't have non-freezing plants or doesn't have cavern flora, but other dwarf civs do.  Pets have always worked for me tho.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 13, 2014, 01:47:39 am »

Heyo, I constantly get this error in dfhack whenever I play:

It doesn't seem to affect the game, really, but it's annoying.

That has something to do with the gnome mode teleporter building.  It comes up whenever you build a building that is not a teleporter.  I agree it is kind of annoying, but harmless.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 13, 2014, 02:42:03 am »

By the look of the error, it looks rather like it should be coming up whenever you build a building that isn't defined in the raws.

Frostea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:27 am »

As mentioned in this thread, Orichalcum and Bifrost is causing some undesirable behaviour for strange moods. I have opened an issue on git.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2107 on: May 13, 2014, 07:48:20 am »

Its the Warlock mode teleporter and it shows up whenever a building is build thats not a teleporter. Roses fixed it I think, I just have to update the scripts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 13, 2014, 09:59:29 pm »

Windows 7

Looking at similar problems from some other mods, I think this might be due to some accidental white-space in the reaction names. In particular, in entities_default.txt some of the gem reactions for "bomreks bargains" have a suspicious white-space. I'm going to go through and underscore them all and see if that fixes it.

Edit:

Fixed it! I should have read the error message more carefully - there are a number of BUY_PET reactions right at the top of the file that are [REACTION:...] instead of [PERMITTED_REACTION:...].

I also added underscores where I found white-space, there were about 40 of those. Here's a RegEx to find the lines quickly:

.*\[\S+\s+\S+\].*

I also removed everything to do with digging invaders, so this is a rather conflated fix - I'm not sure what the primary problem was, but I expect it was the missing PERMITTED_ .
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:23:08 pm by Lord Aldrich »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2109 on: May 14, 2014, 05:59:58 am »

The missing permitted in the entity file leads to no problems, expect that the reactions are not available to the civ. it does not affect crashes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2110 on: May 14, 2014, 06:31:36 am »

Windows 7

Looking at similar problems from some other mods, I think this might be due to some accidental white-space in the reaction names. In particular, in entities_default.txt some of the gem reactions for "bomreks bargains" have a suspicious white-space. I'm going to go through and underscore them all and see if that fixes it.

Edit:

Fixed it! I should have read the error message more carefully - there are a number of BUY_PET reactions right at the top of the file that are [REACTION:...] instead of [PERMITTED_REACTION:...].

I also added underscores where I found white-space, there were about 40 of those. Here's a RegEx to find the lines quickly:

.*\[\S+\s+\S+\].*

I also removed everything to do with digging invaders, so this is a rather conflated fix - I'm not sure what the primary problem was, but I expect it was the missing PERMITTED_ .
are you saying you fixed that saved game? if you did, then the solution must have been one of the underscores, because i tried disabling the diggingInvaders and fixing the bad reactions, and it was still crashing on me...

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 14, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »

are you saying you fixed that saved game? if you did, then the solution must have been one of the underscores, because i tried disabling the diggingInvaders and fixing the bad reactions, and it was still crashing on me...

Sorry, no - that was an unclear post on my part. I was having a variety of crashes that produced the same error log that ThereIsNoVic was seeing. My crashes were fixed, but that save file still crashes with an unhanded null pointer exception at 0x01495abb, though I suppose knowing that doesn't help if we don't have the source code (unless dfhack affects that block? Dunno, I'm terrible at disassembly).

The missing permitted in the entity file leads to no problems, expect that the reactions are not available to the civ. it does not affect crashes.

Ah. I was confused because it seems to be getting sent to the error log (which is why I thought the save file I quoted was having the same issue as me). Is removing the PERMITTED_ just a quick way of disabling that reaction, or does it do something else? Would it be possible to comment them out instead, so the error log doesn't pick them up?

And I know that you say you've never been able to reproduce a world gen crash, but if you want to try again, here's some reproduction steps:

Working with this particular version: https://github.com/ppeng/masterwork-dwarf-fortress/commit/995ab15736fdd1d3e8d819c208e13071c7a08392

Remove all diggingInvaders related lines from dfhack.init
Using the launcher, change the "Geomagic" world params to:
  • 5 levels above 1st cavern
  • 1 level above 2nd cavern
  • 1 level above 3rd cavern
  • 2 levels above magma
  • 2 levels above HFS
  • cave size max to 100

Launch and try to generate a world using Geomagic. Crashes on year 87 every time.

Unspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »

Woodcrafter's workshop reactions are all red, even if I have wood planks/blocks. Workshop still produces items if set by manager, just can't manually designate and hence inability to use workflow on it.

Edit: Woodcutters block same deal

Edit 2: Seems like a problem with bin storage. If a plank has been in a bin, it isn't usable.

Edit 3: Even after removing from bin, times aren't usable
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:43:50 pm by Unspec »

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: May 14, 2014, 05:58:13 pm »

Quantum stockpiles for the win! I never use bins, except for cloth. Saves so much headache

Thelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: May 15, 2014, 08:34:29 am »

Unspec, I had a similar problem, and it was related to burrows. Check if you have a burrow that includes the woodcrafter shop but not the blocks stockpile, even if the burrow is not active. If that's the case, expand or remove the burrow.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142