Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191192 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1980 on: April 07, 2014, 04:51:09 am »

i've added the colosseum issue to the SWP tracker. feel free to submit a pull request with your fixed raws though!

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 08, 2014, 05:08:25 pm »

Just remembered that i added a stevedor caste in my last dwarf fortress, so if anyone wants to add something simular themselves here it is

--

Intended for forts that want to run a small population of specialized guild dwarves, these should be able to haul as well as ~2 normal dwarves (~3 if carrying heavy loads). I was using in a fort with a dead dwarf civilization so no extra immigrants.

*STEVEDORS GUILD* This dwarf joined the ancient guild of stevedors. Though responible for the smooth movement of goods between all the other guilds they are looked down on and guilds will not permit a stevedor to leave their guild.

Can be joined at the guildhall in the normal way for 500 gold coins and once joined the dwarf can't leave (or become a mage/priest etc)
On the plus side get simular strength/agility/endurance (x2 normal) as a Wreseler combat guild dwarf, lowered view range to work near enemies and most importantly a raw +50% speed bonus on top of the extra agility.
The down side is that the only skills that can be learned are defensive ones (Dodging, Shield use, Armor use, Swimming, Crutch walking, skill to use/train in the Gym) and all other skills that are known from before joining will gradually decay to 0.

nb/ The balance reason for the skill restrictions, both craft and military is that the 50% speed bonus + high agility would otherwise make them far better at the other dwarves roles. They would take slightly longer and twice the materials to level up, but once legendary would do the same job twice as fast (or be twice as deadly in combat).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1982 on: April 08, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »

I honestly had to look that up. Stevedore = Haulers Guild. An interesting idea. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 08, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

It took me nearly as long to think up a good name as impliment it, Haulers Guild just sounded so rubish...
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1984 on: April 08, 2014, 05:22:49 pm »

The glorious guild of logistic managers. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 09, 2014, 07:32:26 am »

French Roast Coffee is just a fancy way of saying “burned beans.”  When making beer, sometimes the brewers would accidently overcook the malt, making a dark and off-tasting, was-meant-to-be-Pilsner.  To get rid of it, they sold it cheaply down on the docks to the workers loading ships and hauling freight.  The porters.  Marketing types can sell anything for a premium so burned beer is now Porter.  Perhaps the Stevedores can get an extra happy thought from their favorite beverage?  Another speed increase? 

Off-topic and NSFW but in a perfect world, marketing types would be honest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 09, 2014, 09:42:31 am »

I've been playing around in a world with global temperatures at an impossible -222 K (9100 Urists) and my dwarves and animals aren't dying like they're supposed to. A quick incomplete look at the raws and some in game testing found some issues:

• Many organic materials have had their cold damage point changed from [COLDDAM_POINT:9900] in vanilla to [COLDDAM_POINT:8900] or [COLDDAM_POINT:9001] which is below surface temperatures even after setting temperature in world gen to it's minimum
  • This includes bones, most leathers, fat, and wood
  • This doesn't include skin so my dwaves do so frost bite all over but it doesn't seem to affect them
  • The spine also shows frostbite in cyan indicating a loss of function but again my dwarves carry on as normal and I'm not sure what materials there are getting damaged
  • The list of leathers doesn't include fur, the one that's supposed to protect you from the cold. At those temperatures it quickly withers away into nothingness even while worn. It does seem to protect dwarves from the (cosmetic) frostbite while worn though as my dwarf's hands were nice and protected by xpadded fur glovesx while they lasted
  • My dwarves could stand around in the cold until they died of thirst.

This might also be why I haven't found the frost giant breath or frost demons to be that much of a threat, I had just assumed my shields were blocking the attacks.

Edit: Assuming the rest of the organics should be put back to vanilla levels, should fur have a lower colddam point so it doesn't get damaged while protecting you?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:29:51 am by blapnk »

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:33 am »

Hauler, Hauling, Porting? Porter's Guild?

Logistician? Logistic Guild? Teamster's Guild works too I suppose.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 09, 2014, 01:29:21 pm »

Tried to make changes myself and remember how to use github so there's a pull request for SWP

I'm not sure what value fur should have. While it probably shouldn't be magically immune to stupid extremes of my -222K world, it's not netherbark afterall, that's a pretty unusual example and probably shouldn't be damaged by regular cold. I should actually test these changes to see if frost giants are suddenly more deadly.

EDIT: I haven't noticed any damage done by frost giant freezer air. And I'm getting some unintended consequences in the form of some world gen errors: It's saying it's having problems placing farming civilisations, which need to take crops from their surroundings, a problem I didn't encounter creating such a world in vanilla. That's probably because dwarves have the [OUTDOOR_FARMING] tag now. While my extreme cold world is of no consequence, I'm also having problems genning a world on Icy Myr. I might have gotten over my head here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:17:51 pm by blapnk »

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 11, 2014, 12:38:36 pm »

Does good weather work?  I had several good embarks that had piles of "beer and honey" on the ground.  Then it would start to rain, apparently just water (with no messages beyond "starts to rain"), which would give dwarves out in it "freakish weather" thoughts but no other effects (still hungry/thirsty).

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 12, 2014, 09:15:43 am »

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find an answer, is there an easy way to remove the Tired status from creatures with the [NOEXERT] tag, like through dfhack? Will transformations do this? Right now I'm just looking for a quick fix

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1991 on: April 12, 2014, 12:44:18 pm »

I know this has been brought up before but I can't find an answer, is there an easy way to remove the Tired status from creatures with the [NOEXERT] tag, like through dfhack? Will transformations do this? Right now I'm just looking for a quick fix
try to look at them with 'k' and use fullheal in dfhack.

Good weather should work, but not all good biomes have it.

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:08 pm »

Has anyone mentioned this problem yet?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 12, 2014, 01:58:28 pm »

Has anyone mentioned this problem yet?
That's fucked raws. Redownload and reinstall, that should probably fix it.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 12, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »

And "reinstall" means extract the new download into its own folder, don't extract to the same directory as your last 'install.'
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 142