Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190385 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1725 on: January 16, 2014, 11:31:33 am »

don't know if it would work as i imagine, but having the tile locations match across tilesets would mean you would have less custom raw files for the graphics packs wouldn't it?
Moving the tiles themselves, instead of the tilenumbers... I can have a look at how feasable that is.

It would help if the GUI would make a distinction between tilesets (the .png) and the raws behind them. For example CLA, Taffer, Ascii, Vherid, Matrix and Jolly use the Ascii Raws. The 3 masterwork versions, with the 3 different wall tiles, also use the same raw set.

If the GUI would identify CLA-tileset with CLA-picture and Ascii-Raws, it would already help a lot. There are only 5 different sets of raws. MDF/Obsidian/Phoebus/Ironhand/Ascii. But 15 sets of raws. That would eliminate 10. If I can move some tiles around, and get about.. half of the raw files to use the same numbers, it would mean even less problems. And less duplicate files.

The other way would be to make the GUI change the tileset numbers in the raws, instead of copying new sets over. BillyJack wanted to make some kind of script. Actually... I will try this first. I will let you know in a few hours if I can come up with something, IF you can alter the GUI to fit the needs. That was always my problem, I suck at coding. You dont.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1726 on: January 16, 2014, 11:41:57 am »

shouldn't be a problem for the GUI changes! don't feel rushed though, i was just pressing you to know if this is something feasible or not. i know you're busy working on warlocks, so just send me the details on the full mappings whenever you get around to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1727 on: January 16, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »

Too late. :P

Here is an example of how the PLANT:ALDER would look. In this case the tilenumbers are changed in the one raw set. It would be a lot of work to do on most inorganics, plants, grasses and vermin, but after that its done. No more issues with tileset-raws, because only the one set would remain. I would have to fiddle a bit with the grasses, but overall thats it. If you can teach the GUI to search all raws and change the tag in the example, I see no problem why this couldnt be done.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:ALDER]
[NAME:alder][NAME_PLURAL:alders][ADJ:alder]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[AUTUMNCOLOR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:alder]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:alder]
[PREFIX:NONE]

YESSIMPLEWOOD[TREE:PLANT_MAT:ROUGH:WOOD]
!NOMOREWOOD!TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD]

[PREFSTRING:catkins]
[PREFSTRING:autumn coloration]
[DRY]
[BIOME:ANY_TEMPERATE_BROADLEAF]
[SAPLING]
[SOLID_DENSITY:410]

mdf phoebus walls/mdf ironhand walls/mdf obsidian walls
YESMDF[TREE_TILE:6]
YESMDF[DEAD_TREE_TILE:255]
YESMDF[TREE_COLOR:0:2:1]
YESMDF[DEAD_TREE_COLOR:6:6:0]
YESMDF[SAPLING_COLOR:7:2:0]
YESMDF[DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:6:0:0]
YESMDF[SAPLING_TILE:29]
YESMDF[DEAD_SAPLING_TILE:29]

ascii/cla/taffer/vherid/matrix
!NOASCII!TREE_TILE:5]
!NOASCII!DEAD_TREE_TILE:255]
!NOASCII!TREE_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOASCII!DEAD_TREE_COLOR:6:0:0]
!NOASCII!SAPLING_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOASCII!DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:0:0:1]
!NOASCII!SAPLING_TILE:29]
!NOASCII!DEAD_SAPLING_TILE:29]
ironhand
!NOIRONHAND!TREE_TILE:23]
!NOIRONHAND!TREE_COLOR:6:10:0]
!NOIRONHAND!DEAD_TREE_TILE:160]
!NOIRONHAND!DEAD_TREE_COLOR:0:7:1]
!NOIRONHAND!PREFSTRING:catkins]

obsidian (same as phoebus in this case, but is has some other tiles on other items)
!NOOBSIDIAN!TREE_TILE:5]
!NOOBSIDIAN!DEAD_TREE_TILE:255]
!NOOBSIDIAN!TREE_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOOBSIDIAN!DEAD_TREE_COLOR:6:0:0]
!NOOBSIDIAN!SAPLING_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOOBSIDIAN!DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:6:0:0]

phoebus (same as obsidian in this case, but is has some other tiles on other items)
!NOPHOEBUS!TREE_TILE:5]
!NOPHOEBUS!DEAD_TREE_TILE:255]
!NOPHOEBUS!TREE_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOPHOEBUS!DEAD_TREE_COLOR:6:0:0]
!NOPHOEBUS!SAPLING_COLOR:2:0:1]
!NOPHOEBUS!DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:6:0:0]

PS: workshops could be done the same way.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:24:48 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1728 on: January 16, 2014, 12:27:29 pm »

is it easier/more manageable for you to do it this way, or just have 5 copies of plant_standard.txt to avoid the requirement of tags altogether. ie. phoebus based tileset? then copy the phoebus base raws.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1729 on: January 16, 2014, 12:33:32 pm »

Short term it would be easier to keep it as it is, because I only have to do extra work, if I change something that happens to be in one of the files that have different versions.

Long term it would be so much less work, if only 1 set of raws would exist. It would also make it easier to add more tilesets, reduce possible sources of bugs, and reduce filesize of the mod. Obviously it would be extra work to set this up though.

I would actually prefer the second option... fits with the "cleaning up the raws" and all that. :P

EDIT: Crap. I think I broke Spacefox partly. Somehow I remembered that its based on Ascii, but its actually phoebus. O.o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:39:25 pm by Meph »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1730 on: January 16, 2014, 12:46:20 pm »

ok no problem, either way is feasible for the GUI, so we can go with the single set of raws.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 18, 2014, 12:43:00 am »

Diseases can pass to Armok's Wards and other pets, dunno if that's supposed to happen.

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 18, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »

Sometimes Dwarven caravans bring fireball blocks with them, causing them to burn down most of
the items and killing some merchants, making trading impossible.
Also you can't extinguish the fireball blocks with "normal" methods.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1733 on: January 18, 2014, 03:54:38 pm »

Sometimes Dwarven caravans bring fireball blocks with them, causing them to burn down most of
Crap.

Its from the custom catapult ammo. If its not a IS_STONE, then the catapult wont accept it as ammo. But if it is IS_STONE, the AI accepts it as stone in worldgen as well.  :-\

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 18, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »

[SPECIAL]?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1735 on: January 18, 2014, 04:17:47 pm »

Wait. Which version are you playing? Warlocks?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 18, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »

don't know if it would work as i imagine, but having the tile locations match across tilesets would mean you would have less custom raw files for the graphics packs wouldn't it?
Moving the tiles themselves, instead of the tilenumbers... I can have a look at how feasable that is.

It would help if the GUI would make a distinction between tilesets (the .png) and the raws behind them. For example CLA, Taffer, Ascii, Vherid, Matrix and Jolly use the Ascii Raws. The 3 masterwork versions, with the 3 different wall tiles, also use the same raw set.

If the GUI would identify CLA-tileset with CLA-picture and Ascii-Raws, it would already help a lot. There are only 5 different sets of raws. MDF/Obsidian/Phoebus/Ironhand/Ascii. But 15 sets of raws. That would eliminate 10. If I can move some tiles around, and get about.. half of the raw files to use the same numbers, it would mean even less problems. And less duplicate files.

The other way would be to make the GUI change the tileset numbers in the raws, instead of copying new sets over. BillyJack wanted to make some kind of script. Actually... I will try this first. I will let you know in a few hours if I can come up with something, IF you can alter the GUI to fit the needs. That was always my problem, I suck at coding. You dont.
Here's the link to the tool I wrote for dealing with changing the tile parameters in a RAW file.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133506.msg4779833#msg4779833

The second post actually has all of the VB code that I used to do it.  I had started to look at how to integrate it into Splinterz settings file, but since his level of programming is well above mine, as I couldn't figure out a good place to slip it in. Feel free to use it as the start for applying your own style to it.

It only deals with making a new set of RAWs based on the input set and doesn't deal with the other tileset related changes in the init files.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Stiefel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 18, 2014, 10:09:17 pm »

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, but my weapon traps are not working. I'm using fairly decent bone mechanisms, and mostly steel and bloodsteel sawblades. Drow and their pets can step all over them, and I don't find one line in the combat logs where invaders get eviscerated by sawblades.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1738 on: January 18, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »

I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, but my weapon traps are not working. I'm using fairly decent bone mechanisms, and mostly steel and bloodsteel sawblades. Drow and their pets can step all over them, and I don't find one line in the combat logs where invaders get eviscerated by sawblades.
Drow? You get attacked by drow, while playing dwarves?

If they ever brought a diplomat or trader near your traps, they are worthless. The diplomats note the position down, and these traps dont react on drow anymore.

Koggenmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 19, 2014, 07:15:46 am »

Wait. Which version are you playing? Warlocks?
I'm playing the standard Version 4g, graphics should be Masterwork-Phoebus Walls.
I did mod the "material_template_default" file but found no "fireball" in the original file

EDIT: If nobody has this problem too, this should be certainly my fault
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:20:20 am by Koggenmaster »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 142