Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190391 times)

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1680 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:58 pm »

v.4g  Getting consistent crash when pressing 2. (zoom out button)

Crash happens when:

- 2 is bound to "Zoom Out"
- Font is STANDARD
- Rendermax is ON, TrueType is OFF
thats perfectly normal. Rendermax always crashes when you window or zoom. Warmist (the author) knows about this, but cant fix it. Its also in the release post when I added Rendermax. There is sadly nothing we can do about it. But I should probably take that zoom away from the 1 & 2 buttons.
This issue doesn't always happen for me, only, it seems when I try to zoom in or out past a certain point or something like that.
Could Splinterz put something in the GUI about this, it is a rather bad problem. If I disable rendermax before I want to zoom, then re-enable it in the dfhack console after I'm done, will the problem happen again, or is it the act of zooming that crashes it?
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1681 on: January 06, 2014, 12:20:13 pm »

you can type "rendermax disable" into dhfack, then zoom, then type "rendermax light" to activate it again. I can also take out the 1/2 keys from the zoom. Splinterz cant do much about this, because its Warmists Rendermax plugin. ;) He knows about the problem, but I dont think that there is a fix.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 06, 2014, 01:45:57 pm »

you can type "rendermax disable" into dhfack, then zoom, then type "rendermax light" to activate it again. I can also take out the 1/2 keys from the zoom. Splinterz cant do much about this, because its Warmists Rendermax plugin. ;) He knows about the problem, but I dont think that there is a fix.

Please do remove 1/2 zoom. Drives me bloody crazy in advanced world gen screen typing in values with 1 or 2 and have my text constantly shift. My OCD goes nuts! >.< (not really, but it is bloody annoying when you do it 30-40 times and constantly readjust it :P).

As for bugs, I wanted to note that Jotun, Minotaurs and frost giant thieves/snatchers are bugged badly (probably already mentioned). But with +skills to siegers they are almost impossible to actually catch, and they instead of going for items/kids - rampage around my fort destroying every building I have toppling EVERYTHING I've built while I struggle to just catch the bastards! They managed to walk over 9 mastiff's that were side by side, and 3 deep (3x3 square layout with each having their own 'zone' so they didn't move). When I finally found the offender doing this a few mins ago, it was in my dinning hall with 50+ dwarves to actually spot him. Instead of fleeing like thieves should, he went on a rampage and began attacking and killing everyone and made no attempt to flee at all...

I had Jotun/frost giants do this too in the past (which for an early fort as you might guess, is game over as even steel can barely tickle the bastards...) - I know the mod who made them isn't yours, but I would suggest you fix them if at all possible as I now have 3/4 'hard' races disabled because of this (nightwings as they always get stuck on each other in the air and do nothing for 2-3 seasons except hover at the edge of my map denying trade routes >.>).

I'll be reporting a bunch more soon - but want to ensure they haven't been fixed in this version before I do so.

vary10

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 06, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »

Hi! I have a problem with dwarves joining a guild. They don't stay at the guild for a week nor do they enter one, still an announcement "A dwarf has joined a guild" appears. I tried it with dwarves of different professions for more than a year, tried to make them leave the guild but it didn't help. There is also no reports in the combat log.
Can you help please?

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:07 am »

Hi! I have a problem with dwarves joining a guild. They don't stay at the guild joinweek nor do they enter one, still an announcement "A dwarf has joined a guild" appears. I tried it with dwarves of different professions for more than a year, tried to make them leave the guild but it didn't help. There is also no reports in the combat log.
Can you help please?

Just checking you're not using repeat at all on the join guild job? Repeat is notorious for breaking that script. Are your dwarves bringing the gold coins to join a guild?  Sometimes coins in bins conduse it. Maybe make sure your coin stockpile has no bins allowed.  Also just checking are you running the game with temperature on or off?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1685 on: January 07, 2014, 09:39:01 am »

Please do remove 1/2 zoom. Drives me bloody crazy in advanced world gen screen typing in values with 1 or 2 and have my text constantly shift. My OCD goes nuts! >.< (not really, but it is bloody annoying when you do it 30-40 times and constantly readjust it :P).
seconded. i used those keys for setting up ranges in the workflow plugin and was annoyed at the zoom in/out. thankfully the keypad works fine so it wasn't a major issue. however, had i been running rendermax, and this caused a crash while trying to setup a workflow...

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 08, 2014, 03:51:45 am »

I'm getting slag bars with the slag pit option disabled. Notably when smelting processed sphalerite.

Edit: I've looked through the raws;

[REACTION:SMELT_SPHALERITE]
[NAME:Smelt sphalerite ore into zinc bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SPHALERITE_PROCESSED]
[PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:ZINC][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:2:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:ORICHALCUM_ORC][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
YESSMELTING[PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]
YESSMELTING[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
!NOSLAGPIT!PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SLAG:INORGANIC:SLAG]
[SKILL:SMELT][FUEL]

Seems that the launcher properly disables it, but for some magical unknown reasons, the game still spits out slag bars. I have no idea why this is happening. This has been pulled from the save.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:57:47 am by DoomOnion »

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 08, 2014, 04:44:53 am »

Maybe take a look at the other metals. See if there's a missing symbol or something

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1688 on: January 08, 2014, 04:59:01 am »

the only place i see slag in the raws that doesn't have the tag associated with it is in inorganic_dfhack.txt for all the pure ores. i'm no raw modder so i don't know what that may effect, but i do see that the SMELTING tag is in those inorganic materials as well, so perhaps that's it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1689 on: January 08, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

I found that as well. I will add the !NOSLAGPIT! to it. Splinterz, does the GUI need adjustements for this, or does it go through all inorganics?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1690 on: January 08, 2014, 05:46:54 am »

I found that as well. I will add the !NOSLAGPIT! to it. Splinterz, does the GUI need adjustements for this, or does it go through all inorganics?
toggling the slag pit at the moment only affects:

entity_default.txt
reaction_masterwork.txt
inorganic_mineral.txt

so i'll have to add the dfhack inorganics, and apparently taiga orcs also have a slag pit that needs to be included.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1691 on: January 08, 2014, 05:51:36 am »

I wouldnt do Orc buildings, otherwise everything gets confused. They also have bonecarver and slaughterhouse and all that. If you really want to toggle workshops for added races, I guess if would make sense to make a new tab (Orcs) for this. Or maybe a tab for orcs, kobolds and warlocks in one place. I dont think they need many options, since its all custom content anyway.

Just add the inorganic_dfhack, or move the entries for the processed ores into inorganic_mineral, either one works.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1692 on: January 08, 2014, 05:56:46 am »

it's just the one line for the building for orcs: YESSLAGPIT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLAG_PIT] in the entity file. i don't really understand what you mean about adding that to the slag pit button confusing things? if you're playing as taiga orcs, and toggle the slag pit, shouldn't it change that tag as well?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1693 on: January 08, 2014, 06:06:36 am »

I just thought it would be confusing if the slagpit button toggles the slagpit for orcs (and kobolds, they also have it), but not the other buildings that they also have and share with dwarves.

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:BONEYARD]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:STORAGE]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FISH_POND]
YESSLAGPIT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLAG_PIT]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:ARCHEOLOGIST]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FOUNTAIN]
YESAPO[PERMITTED_BUILDING:APOTHECARIUS]
YESWOR[PERMITTED_BUILDING:MB_CREMATORIUM]
YESSLAUGHTERHOUSE[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SLAUGHTERHOUSE]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:DISPLAY_CASE]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:POTTED_PLANT]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:TOTEM]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:TOTEM2]
YESPOTTEDPLANT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:POTTED_TREE]
YESPOTTEDPLANT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:POTTED_GRASS]
YESPOTTEDPLANT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:POTTED_BUSH]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG1]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG2]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG3]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG4]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:RUG5]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:TOTEM2]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SWORDS]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FLOOR2]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SKELETON]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:PENTAGRAM]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:BOOK]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:HOURGLASS]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FIREPLACE]
YESPOTTEDPLANT[PERMITTED_BUILDING:POTTED_BUSH]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:CHANDELIER]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:BRAZIER]
YESTOTEM[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SIGN]

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1694 on: January 08, 2014, 06:23:43 am »

oh i see. i thought the other buildings were toggled, and that the slagpit was accidentally missed. does it make sense that the buttons enable/disable buildings for all civilizations?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 142