Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190398 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1650 on: January 02, 2014, 01:35:25 am »

Yeah, thats perfectly fine TOY_TOY is actually the candelabra. It was the first item I made, and I replaced the name, not the ID. They all work fine. Your report is wrong. ^^ It makes them 100% of the time, as seen in the raws you just posted.

I am using Masterwork Tileset with Ironhand if that makes a difference.

After reading your response I tried again and the very first attempt made a brazier when I selected make candelabra.

In Reaction_masterwork the code is

[REACTION:CRAFT_STONE_TOOL_CANDELABRA]
   [NAME:Make rock candelabra from 2 blocks]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_I]
   [BUILDING:STONECUTTER_WARLOCK:CUSTOM_I]
   [REAGENT:A:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_STONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:TOY_TOY:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

In item_toy_masterwork candelabras are

[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOY]
[NAME:candelabra:candelabras]
[HARD_MAT]

I changed the code in reaction_masterwork to

[REACTION:CRAFT_STONE_TOOL_CANDELABRA]
   [NAME:Make rock candelabra from 2 blocks]
   [BUILDING:GRINDER:CUSTOM_I]
   [BUILDING:STONECUTTER_WARLOCK:CUSTOM_I]
   [REAGENT:A:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:IS_STONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_TOY:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

Just tested it about thirty times.  Every time it returns a candelabra now.

I assume this error might be the same in gem and bone because of the missing ITEM tag.  But I haven't progressed far enough in this fort to test those.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1651 on: January 02, 2014, 02:38:34 am »

:o

Indeed, the TOY_TOY was wrong. ITEM_TOY_TOY is correct. It cant find the subtype, so it generates a random item of the same item type, a brazier, candelabra or fireplace.

I stand corrected.  Sorry :-[
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 02, 2014, 02:51:16 am »

:o

Indeed, the TOY_TOY was wrong. ITEM_TOY_TOY is correct. It cant find the subtype, so it generates a random item of the same item type, a brazier, candelabra or fireplace.

I stand corrected.  Sorry :-[

No worries.  This was my first experience delving into the raws and I enjoyed it haha. Who knows what version it was accidentally introduced.  I've looked through quite a bit of the raws and ITEM_TOY_TOY seems to be referenced correctly almost everywhere.  I think it's just the candelabra from the stone blocks, gems, or bones.  At least the code would choose a random item type instead of producing nothing.

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 02, 2014, 08:23:53 am »

Phoebus+windows7

1.Sometimes when i press q to use a workshop the game either freezes or saves the game. It freezes for about 30 secs every time which is really annoying. It only happens sometimes and stops for a while if I quit the whole game.

2. One of my save files stopped working because of an error saying the 'book_instructions.txt' could not be found in its directory. I checked the right folder and it was there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1654 on: January 02, 2014, 08:51:21 am »

No idea about your book.

1.Sometimes when i press q to use a workshop the game either freezes or saves the game. It freezes for about 30 secs every time which is really annoying. It only happens sometimes and stops for a while if I quit the whole game.
You are actually pressing Alt+Q, and quicksave. Its simply that your alt key is still on, when you alt+tab out of the game. When you go back into the game, the alt key is still active, you press Q, and suddenly you have the hotkey for quicksaves.

Kudos for listing both tileset and OS. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

louismoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:38 am »

No idea about your book.

You are actually pressing Alt+Q, and quicksave. Its simply that your alt key is still on, when you alt+tab out of the game. When you go back into the game, the alt key is still active, you press Q, and suddenly you have the hotkey for quicksaves.

Kudos for listing both tileset and OS. :)
[/quote

Thanks, thats a great help!

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:35 pm »

Butchered dwarves seem to have two tough intestines, two stomaches, and no heart.

Steps to reproduce:

* Start an orc fortress
* Use 'spawn DWARF' in the dfhack console
* Use 'exterminate DWARF butcher' to butcher the dwarf.
* Examine the butchery contents.

They also seem to produce a lot of meat, but dwarves may be naturally plump. :)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1657 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »

'exterminate DWARF butcher'

What? I didnt knew this existed. Could this be automated, into a workshop that spawns a creature and instantly butchers it? Because its currently impossible to create following things: skin, bodyparts, corpses, skulls, bones, shells... if people could make a new creature that drops all this, because its butchered, then this would allow more reagents to be produced.

I will have a look at the creature file.

EDIT: There was a duplicate of a part of the file in it. It declares some tissues and tags before the castes, and once more in SELECT_CASTE:ALL. This part:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It never showed up in any errorlogs, and I am not sure if this is the reason for the odd organs.

EDIT2: Nope. I did remove it, genned a world, butchered a dwarf, still the some problem. I also butchered an orc, which was fine. 1 heart, 1 stomach, 1 guts.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:46:16 pm by Meph »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 02, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »

'exterminate DWARF butcher'

What? I didnt knew this existed. Could this be automated, into a workshop that spawns a creature and instantly butchers it? Because its currently impossible to create following things: skin, bodyparts, corpses, skulls, bones, shells... if people could make a new creature that drops all this, because its butchered, then this would allow more reagents to be produced.

Potentially yes, although my citizens absolutely refused to touch the products of a creature that was spawned (with the spawn command) and then butchered using the command above. That might be because despite being elves or dwarves (in an orc fort), they were showing up on the citizen list. I presume there's some trick to have them show up as animals or non-citizens, and that may well result in usable products.  (I haven't tested this...)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1659 on: January 02, 2014, 12:52:17 pm »

Oh, yeah, I have seen it ingame now. It just sets them butcherable. I thought it would instantly butcher them.

I also tested more on the dwarves. They have exactly the same body as orcs (except that orcs have no tongue (?)), and the duplicate material/tissue declarations were harmless. Still looking for the source.

EDIT: Went through the entire file twice. I draw a blank. No idea where the extra organs come from. They do have RELSIZE:300 on the liver, which makes it extra large, but thats the only thing concerning organs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:12:19 pm by Meph »

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:40 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with the guild hall. The reaction runs just fine and i get an announcement that says a dwarf has joined a guild, except the dwarf doesn't join. There is no transformation, he just walks off on his merry way. I'm using the Masterwork tile set and the most recent version.

I had a similiar bug, a dwarf (without a guild) ran the reaction, there was the annoucement but he did not transform. I tried to make him run the reaction again, but for a month he prefered to idle, instead of running it, after a month (possibly season change?) I got him to leave guild, on the next attempt he joined a guild normaly.

No other dwarfs shows any problems in joining guilds, both in the same fortress and in other, neither the mentioned dwarf when I changed his guild later.

Version is 4D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1661 on: January 02, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with the guild hall. The reaction runs just fine and i get an announcement that says a dwarf has joined a guild, except the dwarf doesn't join. There is no transformation, he just walks off on his merry way. I'm using the Masterwork tile set and the most recent version.

I had a similiar bug, a dwarf (without a guild) ran the reaction, there was the annoucement but he did not transform. I tried to make him run the reaction again, but for a month he prefered to idle, instead of running it, after a month (possibly season change?) I got him to leave guild, on the next attempt he joined a guild normaly.

No other dwarfs shows any problems in joining guilds, both in the same fortress and in other, neither the mentioned dwarf when I changed his guild later.

Version is 4D
A few dwarves wont transform, but will instead show a message in the combat log like: "The dwarve refuses to join a guild and acts suspiciously" or similar things. Its quite rare though.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 02, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »

Its because they boil away and affect the worker. And they can never be sold, because they dont exist in solid form.

Like to point out you're incorrect from my past experience. If you have temperatures OFF (which is valid, due to the absolutely massive fps boost it can offer) the breath of armok will remain as a solid product.

Edit: damn it, didn't see this was on the prior page - not current page so it feels out of context... :P

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:46 am »

I rarely check my DFhack, but when i just did, it was full of the following red errormessages. Not sure what to do with it, but maybe it helps you. I can't tell you when it happened during the last half year of my fortress though. ^^ Maybe it was the fight with the elves?

...rworkDF V4g\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:271: attempt to inde
x local 'item' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
        ...rworkDF V4g\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:271: in func
tion 'checkAndAddSyndrome'
        ...rworkDF V4g\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:291: in func
tion <...rworkDF V4g\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:290>
...rworkDF V4g\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/itemsyndrome.lua:271: attempt to inde
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Legless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:55 am »

I've managed to embark with *earthkin*dwarf. Now, each square meter of embark place is in vomit of his mates. Is it normal? How can I turn off his aura?
===
UPD: Also, I tried to delete slag, ore processor, chance of violent reactions in options, but it remains even in new wornd. It also concerns turrets, landmines, golems and so on.
Is there a method to disable it completely?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:21:04 am by Legless »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 142