Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190430 times)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1560 on: December 13, 2013, 02:57:55 am »

Yup, all poisons vanished from the sword. Is that supposed to happen? Are poisons single use? If yes, i'll have to report to using poisons only on ammo from now on  :(.
I am using the latest "MF Studded with Patches" unified branch version.

As far as I know poisons are meant to stick around. The unified Studded With Patches uses DFHack r4, and there's a chance that it changes poisons somehow, but I'd be mildly surprised if it did. Otherwise I don't know of any differences between SWP and the official release.

I do like the idea of poisons being limited by time or use, both from a realism and balance standpoint. If they're obliterated by blood we could call this an accidental feature. :)

But otherwise I'm not sure what's causing this. It'd be interested to see if it's reproducible.

~ T

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 13, 2013, 03:36:39 am »

You have to admit it sounds badass:
- Didn't you have a poisoncoated sword?
- Yeah, i did. But i cleaned it. Cleaned it with blood.
Armok would be proud of you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1562 on: December 13, 2013, 01:41:40 pm »

Maybe I should remove the broodmother thing from dwarves, the townportal fills this role now.

Poisons should stick, at least they did in r3. I never heard about a problem with them. You are using the patched release with r4, but as far as I know nothing should change with that. ???
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 13, 2013, 04:34:14 pm »

Quickly back on the townportal topic.

My incomplete (defective?) legionnaire dwarf was doing hunter duty for a season, he admirably failed to score a direct kill, since the game didnt seem to count situation when the animal suffocated/bleed to death after being shot as his kill.

Question, would it be possible to mod military caste dwarfs to have a 'likes fighting' thing like the manual says earth mages have? Since then it would be easy to simply pit him with a lumberjack axe and an unarmed goblin, and the result would hopefuly be slaughter instead of hillarious and annoying both of them sitting in oposites corners and the dwarf spamming the combat log about how he is sitting in a corner trying to run away.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1564 on: December 13, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

The only real solution is with additional scripting in the dfhack spawnunit. I dont know how else it could be done... DF modding is really picky with some things.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 13, 2013, 04:44:52 pm »

Well, Im not looking currently for a permanent solutiong that would fix the problem, I have some basic programing knowlage and I understand some thing are hard/near impossible to do.

What I am looking for is a workaround, like military caste dwarfs not being cowards -_-

Anyways, thank you for the quick replies.

ImmortalBrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 14, 2013, 07:51:01 am »

Maybe I should remove the broodmother thing from dwarves, the townportal fills this role now.
Noooooo  :'(  It's one of my favourite features. I had my fortress split into 3 parts. One with 7 "Armok Blessed" dwarfs named after me and my closest friends and TONS of slaves to do manual labor. The second part had all the military guys and different guild members while being split into smaller groups (like Stoneworkers district, Alchemist district, etc). The last part had everyone else. Of course all parts vary in food/furniture/overall quality.
For some reason i dont care at all what happens with those slaves (i dont care what happens with any dwarf honestly). Without them i won't be able to simulate that medieval-ish structure.
Also, variety is good. The choice is up to you ofc.
Poisons should stick, at least they did in r3. I never heard about a problem with them. You are using the patched release with r4, but as far as I know nothing should change with that. ???
I'll try to reproduce it again in r4 and r3 just to be sure (If i have the time, kinda busy atm with studying). I'll also try runes to check if they'll vanish too.
You have to admit it sounds badass:
- Didn't you have a poisoncoated sword?
- Yeah, i did. But i cleaned it. Cleaned it with blood.
Armok would be proud of you.
I haven't thought about this THAT way. I guess i'll go sacrifice some sick dwarves in the nearest temple.

GTrax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 14, 2013, 11:50:11 am »

The Fletchery wasn't creating any Bolts, Arrows from "Make seperate bone piercing bolts(5)" etc. so after few hours playing around the reactions files in raw folder I found some kind of solution.

I changed the reaction from:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TO:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I used the regeant line from the Bonecarver's Shop(Boneyard) and put  [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] in the end. I hope this helps in making them bugs shrink away.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 14, 2013, 09:54:37 pm »

I used the regeant line from the Bonecarver's Shop(Boneyard) and put  [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] in the end. I hope this helps in making them bugs shrink away.

Nice catch. It looks like the same change can be made for all three bolts types (broadhead, piercing, and hammerhead).

I've patched this in SWP (all branches) and given you credit. Thanks again for spotting this!

~ T

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 15, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »

I'm very new to MWDF, so this might just be me missing something very simple.  I've tried world gen several times and even though the end year is 1050 (both on the launcher and in the options before world gen), it always stops at 100.  Is the world still 1050 years old, with a 950 year pre-historical period, or is there something else I need to change to make the world actually 1050 years old?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 15, 2013, 01:02:08 pm »

The game stops genning when enough megabeasts have been killed.

Oddly, this happens rarely without modding but exceedingly often with modding, even though it makes no sense. I distinctly remember Meowkin in LFR killing a ridiculous amount of Megabeasts despite being a bit smaller than Dwarves...

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 15, 2013, 01:03:56 pm »

Ah, thanks!

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 15, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

That is kinda weird... Any chance it has to do with all of the inorganics a lot of mods add for syndromes, boiling stone reactions, and all that crazyness?

Jerbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 15, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »

I can't find the reaction in the painters workshop for paint 4 blocks purple. If its just a matter of some raws edit could someone give me a step by step of how to do that. I'm trying out all of the colors and no purple blocks is stopping my experimenting. Thanks!

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 17, 2013, 12:54:40 am »

Playing with Masterwork.  While I did perform some minor alterations (removed active season from all merchants, didn't want anyone coming to trade), I didn't change the library system at all. 

The library system doesn't really appear to work all the time.  I've had a dwarf go from 0 to 5 in axedwarf after one use of the library, when I thought that their learning was capped at level 3.  I've had another dwarf definitely burn through a dozen or more journals without learning up to dabbling.  My first thought was that the dwarf in question was of a caste that couldn't learn quickly, but no dice - he's a regular dwarf with no extra traits that I could detect.

Version appears to be v.4e with Masterwork tileset, run on Windows XP.

Edit:

Tracked down.  Don't put the reaction on repeat and it will work. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:58:00 am by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 142