Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190492 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1455 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »

wow... spawned a new diverse world

my embark profile pulled up

no dwarven wine available
rum
plump helmet spawns
pig tail spawns
cave wheat spawns
sweet pod
quarry bush
dimple cup
cassiterite
malachite
dwarven beer
schist
gypsum...
wtf?

I just verified it's not the world param's, as I genned a regular world as well (standard, tiny)

multiple civs... derp, thanks billy jack
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:08:57 pm by thistleknot »

veluxidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 16, 2013, 03:17:51 am »

One of my dwarves is attempting to hold on to her life despite no longer being attached to her head.
It should be noted that I cheat HORRIBLY by buffing my dwarves through the raws, but only by modifying their attributes and skills (to be perfect); I was having a bit too much fun before.

So what had occured was I had sent a group of 6 dwarves to dispatch 3 angry-looking forest spiders. 1 died near instantaneously; amost akigbot. I had let her body stay there for a bit, until I curiously got the "Amost Akigbot has been missing for a week" message, where I decided it was time to make a corpse pile so I could get her ready for her coffin. Then I saw messages stating she was too injured to fish. I found her walking very slowly (even though I have speed set to "0") in front of the fortress towards the river. She Soon keeled over: dead. Someone managed to get her to the stockpile... where she got back up, brushed herself off and went on her merry way.  I thought that some strange ingame magic was occurring, but no, after a bit of thinking I concluded it was a bug (and a bizzarely terrifying one at that). Here are some screen shots:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 03:19:51 am by veluxidus »

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 16, 2013, 03:57:12 am »

One of my dwarves is attempting to hold on to her life despite no longer being attached to her head.

I don't think she understands that's expected of her...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1458 on: November 16, 2013, 06:34:09 am »

veluxidus: Let's just call that a feature for a moment, ok? I mean... I dont even?... what? There must be something seriously, wrong and she got the NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT tag... maybe a vampire, lich... undead missing the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag?

Elf caravan slaughtered by ambushers. Almost everything in the wagons was unforbidden. Is this expected? Forbid other death items is on.
Yes, thats normal. Just like you killing a caravan, the stuff is not forbidden.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 16, 2013, 09:24:21 am »

I don't know if someone has reported that before me... last time I checked this was in 4c so maybe it's already fixed in 4d. I always play with Kobolds disabled (I love my babies!) but everytime I close the settings.exe or even just play DF the "Kobolds" button in the "Creatures & Races" tab gets reset to "Yes" making for some FUN surprises.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 16, 2013, 03:43:53 pm »

i got a save that crashes about 30 ticks in :x
not sure why but it's early winter in a hot region, first year
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmepqey9kab0fho/region3.7z

was a !!fun!! game :(
animated swords ftw and i still hate nymphs with a passion

edit:  apparently the reaction "make coke(1) from wood plank" takes any type of block
it just took a limestone block >.>
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:59:35 pm by zach123b »
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 16, 2013, 07:26:42 pm »

outside farms can only make kobold bulbs.

however, I have strawberry seeds in my stockpiles...

update:
weird... only some of my farms had that problem, another one I just built was able to plant all the regular stuff.  When I was first building the farms, I was being chased by someone and the farms I think were suspended.  Maybe vomit from my sick dwarfs got on the ground too... but anyways, the farms seem to be unusable... guess I have to unbuild/rebuild
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:04:47 am by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 17, 2013, 12:01:12 am »

I didn't have a problem planting all of my surface crops.  The only thing I don't bring is kobold bulbs.  Could be your biomes.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

veluxidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 17, 2013, 01:35:19 am »

Regarding my headless dwarf: I never figured out what happened, but I had at least one more dwarf that shared the same characteristics as Amost (this time with a broken skull and bruised brain). The conditions became a bit too much for me to deal with (killer lag, dwarves going insane from tantrum spirals caused by seeing their friends die every 5 seconds), so I ended up abandoning the fortress.

If it happens again though, I'll post my raws here...when I figure out how to do that.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 17, 2013, 09:02:36 am »

Elf caravan slaughtered by ambushers. Almost everything in the wagons was unforbidden. Is this expected? Forbid other death items is on.
Yes, thats normal. Just like you killing a caravan, the stuff is not forbidden.

How odd. I've just never seen this behavior before this one caravan. A later caravan was destroyed and its items were forbidden.

I am amazed at how often I learn new things about this game even after years of playing.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 17, 2013, 09:36:30 am »

I'm doing general bug finding and fixing...

With regards to turrets, the descriptions say they're made of 'copper clockwork', and sure enough the reactions involve building them with copper. However they have tissue called 'brass clockwork' (which is made of copper), and their corpses are made of brass.

It strikes me that they should either be entirely copper, or entirely brass. I'd vote for brass, since copper is normally too soft for gears, and brass requires more technology to produce (since it's an alloy).

In line with this, I've written a patch and applied it to Masterwork - studded with patches. Having another set of eyes to check over it would be nice, just to make sure I haven't introduced any mistakes.

~ T

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 17, 2013, 10:14:32 am »

outside farms can only make kobold bulbs.

however, I have strawberry seeds in my stockpiles...

update:
weird... only some of my farms had that problem, another one I just built was able to plant all the regular stuff.  When I was first building the farms, I was being chased by someone and the farms I think were suspended.  Maybe vomit from my sick dwarfs got on the ground too... but anyways, the farms seem to be unusable... guess I have to unbuild/rebuild

IIRC, that is dependant upon the biome you embarked in.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 17, 2013, 04:01:44 pm »

apparently various leathers are priced incorrectly.  At least on embark.  I can get scaleplate cheaper than I can get tough leather.

Thebestidentity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 17, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »

I've spawned 2 colossi and every attack passed through both of them. One was made of steel and the other mithril. I am using version 4c with some patches and the default tileset.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 17, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

I've spawned 2 colossi and every attack passed through both of them. One was made of steel and the other mithril. I am using version 4c with some patches and the default tileset.

I've noticed that a few times before. I believe it has something to do with the spawn script.

It goes away after a short time, and attacks will behave as normal, but it's still pretty confusing.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 142