Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190511 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1425 on: November 11, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »

The DT tabs were fixed for diplomacy in the new version.  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132010.msg4750749#msg4750749
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 11, 2013, 02:07:49 pm »

evil drow(deep drow) arrived mounted on voracious cave crawlers and .... start fighting with them ... pity and pause spamy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:31:42 pm by tenshi99 »

Thebestidentity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 11, 2013, 06:53:31 pm »

Wolfram is better for edge weapons and armor than even volcanic is. It is worse than bifrost and too heavy to be useful for armor though. Given the difficulty of making volcanic and bifrost bars I am pretty sure this is a bug. I learned this through arena testing with arena testing. Volcanic battle axes bounce off of wolfram armor and most attacks with wolfram battle axes pierce through. It is all cutting damage and will cause bleeding and severing of body parts.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 11, 2013, 07:39:24 pm »

Skymages don't drown when under water. Mine fell in during a fight and continued as though on the ground. She was fighting a wild bird, and both continued to fight underwater which makes me think this might be a vanilla issue rather than MDF (flying underwater instead of swimming).

Edit:

Also, while the above suggests that flying is possible for them, it's near-impossible to get them to do so. I guess this is down to vanilla df pathing not supporting it for dwarves. I don't know whether there is anything that can be done about that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:45:17 pm by firefly68 »

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:16 pm »

evil drow(deep drow) arrived mounted on voracious cave crawlers and .... start fighting with them ... pity and pause spamy
I've had an Orc siege do the exact same thing. How odd.
« Reply #1430 on: November 12, 2013, 07:18:03 pm »

A lil' search told me that the mouse wheel bug was already reported, right? I discovered it at the moment i stepped into my first fort, but I'm so sticked with it that sometimes I forget it doesn't works... Is there any clues about what causes it?

cheers

Edit: Going from full screen to windowed and the other way around with f11 key also causes a crash for me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:59:17 pm by Urist McBeatdemtantruming »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 13, 2013, 12:11:16 am »

I made this complaint earlier about ore being nerfed.  I think it was due to me playing the diverse map with most of the world_gen properties gone.  With the correct properties in place, the problem has been resolved.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 13, 2013, 04:35:40 am »

A lil' search told me that the mouse wheel bug was already reported, right? I discovered it at the moment i stepped into my first fort, but I'm so sticked with it that sometimes I forget it doesn't works... Is there any clues about what causes it?

cheers

Edit: Going from full screen to windowed and the other way around with f11 key also causes a crash for me.
I do mouse wheal z-level shifting and go in and out of windowed mode without any problems, and I've never had a problem with it since I started playing DF, Masterwork or Vanilla.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:19 am »

Gun balancing questions

Looking at item_weapons_guns.txt, I've noticed that both muskets and pistols are equally effective as projectile weapons; they uniformly have both a SHOOT_FORCE and a SHOOT_MAXVEL of 25k. However bayonetted flint-lock pistols only have a MAXVEL of 20k. Unless bayonettes are supposed to slow down bullets, this would imply that pistols are supposed to have a lower MAXVEL (making them inferior to muskets), or that this is a typo and bayonetted pistols should have a MAXVEL of 25k.

In item_z_orcfort_weapon.txt:

* The orcish arms kits which include a pistol have a MAXVEL of 20k.
* The orcish arms kits which include a musket have a MAXVEL of 50k(!).

Unless the orcs are souping up the muskets something crazy, that doesn't seem right either. However these lead credence to pistols having an intended MAXVEL of 20k.

I would propose any of the following so that muskets are worth using over pistols:

* Make muskets have a higher MAXVEL than pistols across the board.
* Remove bayonetted pistols entirely. Bayonettes are now only available for muskets, making them better for close-combat.

In any case, I'd recommend bringing the orcish arm-kits to be in-line with existing guns, either by nerfing the lifeguard arms, or boosting musket MAXVEL.

I don't know if Dwarf Fortress has a 'light speed' at which object velocities are capped. It may be that guns are already hitting this, and any changes to MAXVELs above this value will have no effect.

I'm very happy to make all these changes, but I'm not quite sure in which direction things should be changed. :)

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1434 on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:17 am »

Mh... Muskets and Pistols had the same values, but different ammo. For micromanagements sake (to make it easier to use) I did replace the large/small bullets with only bullets. Apparently I forgot that both weapons now have the same values and the same ammo, making them equals.

In theory it was intended like this:
Musket, two-handed, more powerful.
Pistol, one-handed (can be used with shield), less powerful.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:55 am »

Mh... Muskets and Pistols had the same values, but different ammo. For micromanagements sake (to make it easier to use) I did replace the large/small bullets with only bullets. Apparently I forgot that both weapons now have the same values and the same ammo, making them equals.

Aha! That makes sense. Was the musket ammo larger/heavier/more pointy? I've noticed that lead bullets (available to orcs) are commonly stopped by cotton trousers, although steel bullets (looted from humans) work fabulously. That's actually why I was looking at the guns in the first place, because I was wondering if we should give orcs a way to trade for better ammo...

In theory it was intended like this:
Musket, two-handed, more powerful.
Pistol, one-handed (can be used with shield), less powerful.

Awesome! That definitely feels right. I support the simplification to only having only type of bullet, although having two bullet types isn't too terrible (bows have many more).

Unfortunately I don't know enough about DF ballistics to know the best way to differentiate pistols from muskets. I know that for lightweight ammo, they'll effectively move at MAXVEL speed, and I'm assuming bullets are lightweight. But I don't know at what point MAXVEL starts to become irrelevant, most of the testing threads I've read are for much slower ammunition.

I suspect testing is needed, but at 2:30am I'm not going to be the one testing right now. ;)
« Reply #1436 on: November 13, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »

I do mouse wheal z-level shifting and go in and out of windowed mode without any problems, and I've never had a problem with it since I started playing DF, Masterwork or Vanilla.

:-X I though it was a bug because my vanilla is normal. It only happens with Masterwork. But I'll check it better. Maybe it's about my configs or something like that...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1437 on: November 13, 2013, 06:39:55 pm »

It crashes with Rendermax if you change the zoom or window it, thats an issue of the Rendermax Plugin. Otherwise all is fine, not problems with zoom.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
« Reply #1438 on: November 13, 2013, 11:37:01 pm »

It crashes with Rendermax if you change the zoom or window it, thats an issue of the Rendermax Plugin. Otherwise all is fine, not problems with zoom.

Yap, I was coming to say that I just found exactly this. No zooming nor coming and going to full screen with rendermax on... Not a big problem at all.  :)

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 14, 2013, 03:26:19 pm »

I can use concrete blocks in the make coke from wood plank reaction.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 142