Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190675 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1020 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:23 pm »

Simple answers for simple questions:

The Settings reset, because I havent updated the UI in 5 months.. I am working as we speak on it. I couldnt alter it, because it was at home, while I was travelling.

The volcanic/Magma workshops are inaccessable, until you discover magma-lakes/pools or research the liquid spawner, which will unlock them.

iridium is nonexistent. Correct. I think there is one mentioning of it in the manual, in a picture for runes... it should be Orichalcum, I replaced iridium with this new material.

"last one, the poison and rune coating vanishes, if you dont got any gloves on and attack an enemy with "bare" hands if you want so."
Could you give more info on that? Dwarves cant coat gloves/hands with poison, only weapons, ammo or traps, and it never vanishes... are you maybe speaking of adv. mode?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »

ah... alright! thats good news :D

i was already flippin' shit.. kinda
built a nice fort, realise "something" is missing...

was just new to me you can make stuff like this appear later when you found magma, i thought everything is in at start.

when i tried out the poisons i was kinda dissapointed at first, cause i thought they would be permanent... but they wasnt.
but the more i thought about it, that wasnt logical.
found nothing on the forums, so i tried stuff here and there.

without gloves on, the spatter was on their body, mostly on their hands after they hit enemies.
sometimes after 10-20 hits, sometimes after one, i think it depends on their bleeding.

with gloves, actually full leather armor, i never encountered the problem again.
only one time, when i got the equipment of my squad set on leather armor, not specific items.
i guess he was switching stuff when i sent him to kill some enemies, at least he lost the coatings on his spear.
the other soldier in the squad was fine, still 5 poisons on his weapon.
maybe its some kind of weird bug, but maybe you can replicate it.

funfact; the idea with gloves came from forgotten beast spatter and blood on weapons, poison coating the old way :D

anyways, i hope i could help you there.
feel free to ask anything specific there, if you need more information.

oh and no, it wasnt adv. mode, it was fortress mode. (not even sure how you get poison spatter there?)

edit: just to mention it, the weapon coatings are permanent, the spatter i got on the hands/body later weren't
they vanished with "clean all"

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 25, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »

I see two kinds of slag bars, maybe that is related to it not quite working as you want. One is "slag bar (massive)" and the other is "slag bars." The latter ended up in the artifact. I haven't seen an issue with the massive ones thus far. Maybe you missed replacing the "slag bars" somewhere?

Hmm, rereading what you said... I am not currently smelting the ore-bearing rock. It's all being processed. But maybe another smelter reaction is still producing slag bars, like bronze making?  I am churning out bronze at the moment.

I haven't reached into raws to date so don't have any way of confirming that possibility.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:10:50 pm by vonsch »

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 26, 2013, 01:42:38 am »

It's a shame you can't stockpile the slag. It'd be perfect for using with the weight bench!

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 26, 2013, 04:00:57 am »

at least you can build a s***load of concrete with it^^
surface fort ftw!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 26, 2013, 07:23:04 am »

Dont bother making the slag into concrete. Use the slag itself as a building material ::)

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 26, 2013, 12:04:38 pm »

no^^
20 concrete out of one slag bar lets you build tons of stuff :)
and its much faster to move it to the surface than the slag itself, which takes years

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1027 on: September 26, 2013, 02:19:06 pm »

I wonder if I can come up with a better system for this. Nothing against concrete, but I image then forts to look rather bland... and I caught myself building everything from concrete all the time as well.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:10 pm »

I'm having trouble getting a Miner into the Mason's Guild. He weht into the Guildhall and paid 1000 coins (and there was a message at the bottom of the screen that said that a dwarf has joined a guild, but no pause), but didn't transform like the other dwarves. He went to sleep in his room instead...

Then I made him leave the guild, and he went back and I got a message that a dwarf has left a guild, but no pause again. And now I can't make him join the guild, because only the "Leave guild" option is active.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 26, 2013, 03:21:32 pm »

You're out of coins, that's why the Join options are disabled.

Regarding the miner, it would be my guess that he is either a "secret" member of society or he may have already been cured of the affliction by your Armoks Ward.  He will still go insane in a year and cause all sorts of havoc it that is the case.  Prime candidate to enable praying and send for a little sacrifice.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1030 on: September 26, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

BillyJack: AGAIN, that bug has been fixed. Cured, formerly possessed, dwarves dont go crazed anymore.

Checking the caste is not a bad idea. The creature description... if he is a mage he cant join guilds anymore, or check the combat log. Maybe he left a note why he doesnt want to join. ;)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 26, 2013, 03:56:36 pm »

I wasn't out of coins, but apparently the game thought I was. I forged some more and it worked. The old coins were a stack of traded -gold coins [1000]- from Urist's shop, his coins always worked so far.

Another thing I don't understand is why are my forged 105 Abshoth gold coins [500] work. Is is 105 coins, or 500?
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 26, 2013, 04:13:17 pm »

105 refers to the year they were forged in.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 27, 2013, 09:45:47 am »

Okay, so, why I cannot sell my stone crafts? In trade menu, there is no "goods" category, I can't find them in "all" either. (Masterwork v3g patched)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 27, 2013, 09:51:17 am »

I've just been watching my Baron equip an Expedition. The raws for that are this:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:GEAR_EXPEDITION]
[NAME:equip a expedition]
[BUILDING:EXPEDITION_OUTFITTER:CUSTOM_E]
[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:C:1:TOY:ITEM_TOY_CANDLE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:D:3:FLASK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:E:3:BACKPACK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:F:3:FOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_GEAR_EXPEDITION:INORGANIC:BLANK_EXPED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_EXPEDITIONGEAR]
[SKILL:SOAP_MAKING]

He'd gained my attention, however, by being down in my mining level, picking up a Black Pyrope for his task. Heading on up to see what was going on, he'd also added one of my finest Masterworked Bayonetted Javelin Throwers to the pile. This in addition to all the things that he's supposed to be using. I can see no reason why he would be doing this, but he most certainly is. I don't care what he does with minor gems, but I can't be having him nicking the equipment of my troops while they're in hospital.

He appeared to be packing the bow and gem in place of REAGENT F, food. Which might explain why so few of my expeditions return. If food is not working as a reagent, and he's just grabbing random items from around the fortress, that obviously has high chances for causing disaster at some point. I certainly have no shortage of actual food.

Edit: To be on the safe side, I've changed my raw to remove the food requirement, and raised the candle requirement to 4.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:05:32 pm by Arkenor »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 142