Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Loadout - Create, Customize, KILL!!! Assemble your own Guns...  (Read 5148 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Load­out is an out­rageus new mul­ti­player shooter that’s all about the guns, Baby! Build a mas­sive vari­ety of absolutely insane weaponry — over 50 mil­lion com­bi­na­tions — totally cus­tomized, totally unique, totally deadly.
You want a launcher that shoots ground-skimming rock­ets that explode into destruc­tive clouds of flak? You got it!
How about a gun that shoots syringes filled with heal­ing green glow­ing goo that bounces off walls? It’s done Son!
What about a remote con­trolled mis­sile that sticks to ene­mies before destroy­ing them in a mas­sive blue ball of elec­tric destruc­tion?  We got you covered.
Load­out is about total and unin­hib­ited player expres­sion.  Craft your own guns, design your own load­out, dress your char­ac­ter to the nines, and play your way. Best of all? It’s absolutely free to play!

Debut Trailer ::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wWUZXb-zFnc

http://www.loadout.com/

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

As a fore mention, I did sign up with their Website's Beta Register thing, but looking into their Twitter Feed, I noticed this...
http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/loadout-closed-beta-key-giveaway/

So far it appears very legit, but still, use only if you feel comfortable. Alienware is a known group and such...
The link in the Twitter Feed was posted around 12hrs from this post here, nothing posted appears to say otherwise on it...
Regardless, I am now downloading it. Can't wait to see what happens next...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Loadout - Create, Customize, KILL!!! Assemble your own Guns...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:52 am »

Well got to say, EPIC IDEA!!!
The construction of the guns is nicely done, with some good options at the start when your just beginning, as you level up more "Keys" become availble which means you can make multiple weapons with the same items, such as two guns using Ironsights. You can also Earn/Buy Spacebucks (their storecash) to both kitout your character or even access keys you don't have for your guns...

Combat is fluid, but as I can see, atm there is some overpowered builds that just oneshot people quite easily...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:13:47 am »

Seems fun, got a key and downloading on steam now!(Note it IS steam only, sof for people who don't like steam, well....)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:02:42 am »

Pretty fun. The customization is more gamy than realistic but that's OK. Had lots of fun with 6 rocket launcher+flak+electric damage. Was carrying two of them and they make beautiful area denial weapons.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 06:23:47 am »

Last time i played this it was a stupid Pay 2 Win game where you had to buy your guns for money.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:12 am »

Last time i played this it was a stupid Pay 2 Win game where you had to buy your guns for money.
how did ya do that. Its still in closed beta...

The cash shop that is there isnt all bad either. The cashshop cash can be won on a spin wheel after every round, though it is heavily tilted to extra exp. And the higher teir weapon parts are locked behind level restrictions that I dont see a way past with cash. The cash though is used to unlock the ability to add the same parts to different loadouts of guns. That being for example Ironsights on both weapons or the higher teir parts after unlocking them with level. BUT the main thi g cash is used for is buying clothes and accessories for your avatar which as far as I could see wasnt all that gamechanging...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:56 am »

Yeah, as far as I can tell, if you are patient, you can eventually win enough spacebucks on the after match roulette to buy whatever you need. The cashshop just lets you speed up the process if you get impatient :P

Gotta say my favorite weapon right now  is a burning sticky mine launcher I created(now upgraded with a laser guidance system!). I found quad barrel to be a nice compromise between damage and rate of fire, and combine it with cluster munitions and a sticky manual detonation, you have a pretty efficient trap to set up(or to just stick onto an enemy!).

I'd have gone for flak for this setup, but the area burst of flak is too big for closer targets, and my favorite way to use this is to get into a corner where they have to approach me to get a shot and set up all 4 shots in a small area ready to detonate as soon as they get close :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 11:40:56 am »

Wow, it looks like a great deal of fun! Registered for beta :)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:58 pm »

There is still over 6000 Keys available via AlienwareArena site. No Problems as it is so looks all good...
Been playing and this is my build...

Loadout 1 :: Shotty - Slugs Scatter and Semi Auto with Ironsights. Bascily a Shotgun... Booster - Rockets, Pulse Boost Flack Contact. I shoot at ground get a boost to speed and damage, shotty ya in the face...

Loadout 2 :: Shotty + Sniper - Basicly a Sniper Rifle...

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »

how did ya do that. Its still in closed beta...

The cash shop that is there isnt all bad either. The cashshop cash can be won on a spin wheel after every round, though it is heavily tilted to extra exp. And the higher teir weapon parts are locked behind level restrictions that I dont see a way past with cash. The cash though is used to unlock the ability to add the same parts to different loadouts of guns. That being for example Ironsights on both weapons or the higher teir parts after unlocking them with level. BUT the main thi g cash is used for is buying clothes and accessories for your avatar which as far as I could see wasnt all that gamechanging...

I was a fast shot and got in very early?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:55 pm »

Right now I'm experimenting with a remote-controlled rubberized crawler contact mine. I haven't been able to get into matches for real-world testing tho...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 06:23:47 am »

Right now I'm experimenting with a remote-controlled rubberized crawler contact mine. I haven't been able to get into matches for real-world testing tho...
go into the options and change what servers you are linking to. Chances are you will find matches easier that way...

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:39 am »

Beta keys are gone everywhere it seems. http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ represents my feelings adequately at this time.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:37 pm »

Necro, as to say this game is free on steam!
It's actually pretty damn fun.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:57 pm »

Does it seem like this game has a competitive future ?
Pages: [1] 2